Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Donna44

Default heating problems

Hi I have a house in sussivale and was wondering who people use for heat problems. we have amerigas but I don't think they service..

Husband is there with on heat..

Donna
Donna44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #2
wifi

We use Eastern for the gas supplier and usually do everything else the Yankee way.... (myself)
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Any plumbing/heating company should be able to help you out.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Comptonbuilder

Try Minute Man Plumbing and Heating. They do alot of work in Sussivale. Phone #'s are 279-3323 or 387-1476 ask for Phill
brown. (owner)
Comptonbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
thom45

I also live in Suissevale and have Amerigas due to the agreement for gas pricing that they have with Suissevale. A few years ago I had a problem with my gas heater where I had no heat. This was late September when this happened. I called Amerigas figuring they would be very willing to take care of their own gas customers. I was told that they could not get to me until around late November. When I reiterated that I had no heat, they told me that things wouldn't freeze until December. I thanked them for their concern and told them I would find someone else.
I called a service person from Laconia who had done work for me in the past who was able to come right out. He ended up rewiring my heater as the person who had put it in originally had done a less than professional job. During the call he did tell me that I was probably fortunate to not get Amerigas as he termed them as "parts changers" and not problem solvers.
I would give you the persons name except he was getting out of the service business for a career change. He was a small two person outfit and was burned out.
The lesson learned here was don't go to Amerigas for service as they really don't care about their customers plight.
thom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Neko

I am also have a heating problem. My Reznor propane fired garage unit is not putting out much heat at all. I have a full tank of fuel.
Does any one in the Wolfeboro area work on this type of unit?
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
I am also have a heating problem. My Reznor propane fired garage unit is not putting out much heat at all. I have a full tank of fuel.
Does any one in the Wolfeboro area work on this type of unit?
Ya, try Wolfeboro Oil as they have several great techs that work on gas units.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #8
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Ya, try Wolfeboro Oil as they have several great techs that work on gas units.
Wolfeboro Oil is pricey. That get things done but at a steep cost. You might try Terry Biehls Independent Heating. He is a former Wolfeboro Oil service technician. He handled my house for 15-years before he went out on his own. When I needed a new heating system he was $3,000 less than Wolfeboro Oil for the same system! Terry's phone number is 603-569-4074.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Wolfeboro Oil has been pricey in past years for oil, but they are trying to bring that down now. For plumbing they are more reasonable than most. Terry is very reasonable too. I use both of them and highly recommend both.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
Lakepilot

I'd vote for Terry also.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #11
Heading4thelake

Wonder how Wolfeboro Oil will do with Jim Bean no longer involved ?
Heading4thelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
tis

Howie is trying very hard to made it better.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #13
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heading4thelake View Post
Wonder how Wolfeboro Oil will do with Jim Bean no longer involved ?
What happened to him? I remember one bitterly cold January night when I arrived at my house to find that the pipes had frozen due to a failed heating system. At the time I had a product from Wolfeboro oil that was supposed to notify them of a heating failure (the product was a Scull-tel, which is sort of like the freeze alert alarms of today). Obviously, it hadn't worked.

Jim Bean came out promptly after my call to Wolfeboro Oil and we were soon both crawling around under the crawl space in the freezing cold trying to get the heating system on. After working on things for a 1/2 hour he asked me why I didn't seem upset at him. I responded by asking him whether he would be working faster if I was screaming at him. He chuckled and said he would have left 20-minutes earlier if I had been yelling. I explained to him that I assumed that would be the case so that is why I didn't seem upset. He got the heat on and eventually the place warmed up. There were some cracks in the pipes that needed fixing but I had arrived before most of the damage had been done.

A couple of days later, while I was trying to decide how much grief I was going to give Wolfeboro Oil over the fact that their freeze system had failed and damaged my pipes, I got a call from Jim explaining that Wolfeboro Oil would pay for all the plumbing damages, give me some free oil, etc. to compensate for the failure of the alarm. I thought that was a good response and to this day I buy my oil from them. I use Terry for service, but I buy oil from them. In any event, I thought he was a good guy who stood behind his company.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #14
tis

Jimmy sold the business to Howie.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
Heading4thelake

Not by choice I'm sure, never the same since the father died.
Heading4thelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #16
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
What happened to him? I remember one bitterly cold January night when I arrived at my house to find that the pipes had frozen due to a failed heating system. At the time I had a product from Wolfeboro oil that was supposed to notify them of a heating failure (the product was a Scull-tel, which is sort of like the freeze alert alarms of today). Obviously, it hadn't worked.

Jim Bean came out promptly after my call to Wolfeboro Oil and we were soon both crawling around under the crawl space in the freezing cold trying to get the heating system on. After working on things for a 1/2 hour he asked me why I didn't seem upset at him. I responded by asking him whether he would be working faster if I was screaming at him. He chuckled and said he would have left 20-minutes earlier if I had been yelling. I explained to him that I assumed that would be the case so that is why I didn't seem upset. He got the heat on and eventually the place warmed up. There were some cracks in the pipes that needed fixing but I had arrived before most of the damage had been done.

A couple of days later, while I was trying to decide how much grief I was going to give Wolfeboro Oil over the fact that their freeze system had failed and damaged my pipes, I got a call from Jim explaining that Wolfeboro Oil would pay for all the plumbing damages, give me some free oil, etc. to compensate for the failure of the alarm. I thought that was a good response and to this day I buy my oil from them. I use Terry for service, but I buy oil from them. In any event, I thought he was a good guy who stood behind his company.
I also used Wolfeboro oil for years until they stopped monitoring my Scull-tel system. I now used Fuller oil although the service was better from Wolfeboro oil.
I'll give Terry a call and see if he can help me.
Thanks
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote