Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
legend10

Default Homeowner didn't like fisherman getting close to property

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z7dkdaNRo
legend10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Top-Water

This is not my particularly favorite way to fish, and do not often fish around docks, much more prefer deep open water fishing but have had this happen to me before.

Had to call the cops when the person used there dog to prevent me from fishing by throwing a ball in the water they knew the dog would fetch.

Called the police and they cited the person who threw the ball in, teasing the dog to fetch it.

I'm sure this post will start a huge pissing contest, can't tell you on the flip side of this how many times I have seen un attended fishing lines in the water off of docks and have wanted to confiscate them.

Reference: Interference With Hunting, Trapping or Fishing
Section 207:57
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
Phantom

Jonathan's Landing !

https://www.jonathanslandingnh.org/
Old 10-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
fatlazyless

You ever seen a skinny thin fisherman ….. probably not …… fisherman with all their motors ….. a big motor on the stern ….. a little electric motor on the bow … and sometimes a second small gas motor on the stern ….. all for moving the boat around the water, looking to catch a fish.

With just a simple row boat, you get the exercise you never get with all those motors, plus you still catch the fish …. and you lose the weight of a big fat gut …. as in fat stomach.

Ditto this sentiment for a fishing kayak, or a fishing stand up paddle board. Lose the motors ….. row or paddle a fishing boat/kayak ….. lose the fat …. catch the fish! How's that for a bumper sticker: 'Lose your fat, Catch the fish'.... as a promo for fishing kayaks ….. ha-ha-ha.

By the way, the Plymouth Walmart still has the very dark green fishing kayak, 10' length, seats for one or two, 500lb cap, a kayak paddle, reg $500, now $250 …. Lifetime Sport Fisher Angler 100 kayak; with three recessed rod holders built in.

So's, how come you need a 20-foot boat with three motors to catch a little 1 1/2-lb fish, which gets tossed back with catch and release? Kayaking is pretty good aerobic workout with the double bladed paddle. You can paddle for say two miles, one direction, out on the big, big water, troll one or two lines, and stop and make casts, then turn around and paddle back the two miles. Paddling is a great fun experience, and catching a fish or two makes it better. Paddling a kayak makes you feel like you are a lot closer to the water than fishing a 20' boat.

Lose the fat, Go kayak fishing!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-05-2018 at 03:20 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
jr616

Thumbs up Fisherman have rights too!

We've always found the Bass guys in our cove to be extremely respectful of the lake, our dock and our boat.

Most of they bass boats cost a great deal of money and I am certain this captain has no intention of hitting anything - he's out to fish. Plus those boats are so incredibly maneuverable it's ridiculous!

This woman, while concerned could have handled it much differently and most certainly needs to learn the law of the lake.

Legend10 handled it quite well IMHO
jr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
DesertDweller

I agree the guy fishing handled that pretty well and agree with what he was saying. With that said, the Jonathan's Landing marina is really narrow and the last thing they need is people bringing boats in there other than for the purpose of docking. Last I checked, it's a pretty big lake with lots of places with bass where he could fish in peace.

Last edited by DesertDweller; 10-04-2018 at 04:32 PM.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesertDweller For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (10-05-2018), thinkxingu (10-04-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
rick35

Just because the fisherman has the right to fish there doesn’t mean he has to. He could easily have moved on and avoided the whole situation. Doesn’t matter that the woman was wrong. Take the high ground and move on. People are so much more adversarial. Social media (i.e. texting etc) is not helping our social skills.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (10-04-2018), chocophile (10-05-2018), FlyingScot (10-05-2018), ushaggerb (10-07-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #8
Not to Worry

Default Fishing Docks

I have no issue with someone fishing docks. I do think it is rude when they camp there versus just drifting by the dock and casting. I am an avid fisherman and I respect the privacy of homeowners. There is no reason why anyone needed to fish inside of JL marina. Yes, I understand that the guy argued he was "entitled' to fish there but to me that just made him a pompous ass. He did to need to be there and I am wondering if he went looking for a confrontation. I thought it odd that they never pointed the camera at the women...maybe they were concerned about consent and the abilty to legally record?

Just because someone can legally do something does not make it right.
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Not to Worry For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (10-04-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #9
WinnisquamZ

Please correct me if I am incorrect, I believe you are welcome to fish however you can not interfere with or block the way of others looking to dock or move away from the dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #10
DesertDweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
I have no issue with someone fishing docks. I do think it is rude when they camp there versus just drifting by the dock and casting. I am an avid fisherman and I respect the privacy of homeowners. There is no reason why anyone needed to fish inside of JL marina. Yes, I understand that the guy argued he was "entitled' to fish there but to me that just made him a pompous ass. He did to need to be there and I am wondering if he went looking for a confrontation. I thought it odd that they never pointed the camera at the women...maybe they were concerned about consent and the abilty to legally record?

I agree with your point on looking for a confrontation. To me it's pretty clear that this is a major pet peeve of his and he likely has a lot of experience responding to people that try to chase him off.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesertDweller For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (10-04-2018), Not to Worry (10-04-2018), rick35 (10-04-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #11
Charlie T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post

I tend to believe that he went looking for the confrontation, why would he be recording otherwise. Some people get their jollys by intentionally creating conflict, I'm pretty sure that is what is happening here. As Not to Worry stated Just because someone can legally do something does not make it right! It's a big lake with a lot of good fishing spots. Why not just move on?
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #12
rick35

Where's the sport in fishing a dock like that? It doesn't look very different than when I was 12 and a buddy and I had a kibbie catching contest on our dock. Just needed a couple of kiddie rods, some wonder bread and a couple of buckets to hold the fish.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #13
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
Where's the sport in fishing a dock like that?
He's probably looking for the less abundant large mouth bass. Usually found on Winni. very close to shore near weeds, docks, stationary objects and bait fish in protected calm waters off the main lake basin. Often they are a much "larger" and harder to find fish than the more abundant and (smaller) small- mouth bass that tend to live in a somewhat (for lack of a better term) opposite habitat during most times of the year.

Not my cup of tea, I personally would rather be in 30 to 50 ft depths but thought I would point out the difference. For many, maybe even most people that fish, especially folks that enjoy catching this larger species, this is there favorite style and type of fishing and is very often the only method they are confident with when they go out.

Looking at this persons other videos a large mouth fisherman going after pretty much this species only.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
rick35 (10-04-2018), SAB1 (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 01:38 AM   #14
mhtranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
I tend to believe that he went looking for the confrontation, why would he be recording otherwise. Some people get their jollys by intentionally creating conflict, I'm pretty sure that is what is happening here. As Not to Worry stated Just because someone can legally do something does not make it right! It's a big lake with a lot of good fishing spots. Why not just move on?
I think you need to look at his YouTube channel. He does fishing videos. He was not recording “looking for the confrontation.” My Guess he didn’t record the woman because he was being respectful and it is also against YouTube policy.
mhtranger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mhtranger For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (10-11-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 04:55 AM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

Exactly, he wanted the confrontation. It's a big lake, he could have moved on.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #16
The Real BigGuy

He didn’t record the woman because it is a fixed mount cam looking towards his fishing position on the bow. From my prospective, it was the woman looking for a confrontation. She had no problem with him fishing there, as long as it wasn’t near her boat. If all fishermen were as respectful as him (I didn’t see him cast at either boat, come close to bumping a boat, or block access) no one would have an issue. Too bad all guy/gals fishing are tarred by the few bad actors. Like everything else (no wake, speed limits, loud music, anchoring, loud home owners, etc.). If both sides are respectfulI the problems go away.

The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (10-06-2018), mhtranger (10-06-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #17
SAB1

The lake is public. He can fish where he wants. Docks , boats and boat houses are great spots to find big large mouth. People have fished these spots for eons
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #18
ApS

Smile Fishing the Docks...

Quote:
Where's the sport in fishing a dock like that? It doesn't look very different than when I was 12 and a buddy and I had a kibbie catching contest on our dock. Just needed a couple of kiddie rods, some wonder bread and a couple of buckets to hold the fish.
I'm reminded of a rental next door. Early every morning, they'd jump in their expensive bass boat and race off to fish.

Not long afterwards, a different expensive bass boat would race in, and start fishing the dock that had just been left by the renter!

BoatHouse (10-05-2018), gravy boat (10-06-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 06:58 AM   #19
ThePlut

Of course he's in the right, he can fish wherever he wants.

But there is a pervasive issue these days with a lack of respect for other people and other people's property. I wonder, if he HAD bumped another boat, or snagged a line on a cover, or a prop, would this video still be posted? Would he have left a note and taken responsibility? Or would he have hoped no one saw and skedaddled?

I like to think it's the former, because I think people are basically good or want to be.

But if my boat were in there, I'd be afraid of the latter too...

Yup, the bad actors ruin it for everyone.
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #20
ApS

Exclamation Not to Worry...It May Not Appear at All...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtranger View Post
I think you need to look at his YouTube channel. He does fishing videos. He was not recording “looking for the confrontation.” My Guess he didn’t record the woman because he was being respectful and it is also against YouTube policy.
YouTube is owned by Google, who's adopted "shadow-banning"; wherein, the video appears "live" to the originator but is effectively blocked from Google searches.

Quote:
Author and presidential historian Doug Wead says he's being "shadow-banned" by YouTube and its parent organization, Google, and that the visibility of his videos has been restricted in search results.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/08/2...ing-his-videos
Views which averaged 10,000 a day, dropped to 10 a day.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #21
swnoel

He was lucky she didn't file a charge of sexual assault or rape! Seems to be the way some solve disagreements! This is just another example of wealthy lake front owners being bully's and disregarding the publics right to the body of water they believe they own. She could have gone down , asked how they were doing, and ask that they be careful fishing around the boats, but that's not how the elites are. Wonder why so many people dislike waterfront property owners from out of state!
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #22
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
She could have gone down , asked how they were doing, and ask that they be careful fishing around the boats,
Exactly! .................
Old 10-05-2018, 07:58 AM   #23
kjkam

Default dock fishing

unfortunately for the good fistherman, there are bad ones that have hooked lures on people's docks and boat covers, and left them behind. It' a nice way for a home owner to mass a collection of lures, but also not fun when you grab hold of your cover and get stuck by one.
kjkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #24
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Waterfront property owners need to know and understand the laws of the lake the live on. If she did, she could have easily said them them "I know the law and understand you are allowed to be here but could you please be careful around my boat", but as someone that did not know the law she pretty quickly threatened to call the police which will only escalate the issue.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #25
Shrimpbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlut View Post
Of course he's in the right, he can fish wherever he wants.

But there is a PERSAUSIVE issue these days with a lack of respect for other people and other people's property. I WONDER, IF he HAD bumped another boat, OR snagged a line on a cover, or a prop, WOULD this video still be posted? WOULD HE have left a note and taken responsibility? OR would he have hoped no one saw and skedaddled?

I like to THINK it's the former, BECAUSE I THINK people are basically good or want to be.

But if my boat were in there, I'd be afraid of the latter too..

Yup, the bad actors ruin it for everyone.
Persuasive.. I Wonder... If He Had.. Or..... Is it possibe... Would This... Because I think.... I'd Be Afraid.... REALLY PEOPLE, seriously ???????? Maybe, If he did, What happens if? It's possible....It could happen....IF IF IF IF IF IF. Please state FACTS !

The Lake is OWNED by the State. PERIOD... He did have EVERY RIGHT in the world to fish there. Period... He was EXTREMELY POLITE and Knowledgeable of the rules of the STATE OF NH, obviously she wasn't. I actually know the guys and there is absolutely NO WAY (FACT) that he went in there looking for a confrontation. Just not going to happen. (FACT). She was TOTALLY WRONG and he was TOTALLY RIGHT AND LEGAL.
Shrimpbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #26
Biggd

Thanked 1,065 Times in 672 Posts

It takes two willing participants for a confrontation like this. This is not much different than how road rage starts. I know he had every right to fish there but he could easily have moved to another location to defuse the confrontation.
A good friend of mine has a place on Stinson Lake and a few years ago they had an incident at their docks and the guy went to his boat, pulled out a gun and shot the other guy dead.
Is it really worth it for a couple extra fish that he throws back anyway?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #27
Shrimpbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
It takes two willing participants for a confrontation like this. This is not much different than how road rage starts. I know he had every right to fish there but he could easily have moved to another location to defuse the confrontation.
A good friend of mine has a place on Stinson Lake and a few years ago they had an incident at their docks and the guy went to his boat, pulled out a gun and shot the other guy dead.
Is it really worth it for a couple extra fish that he throws back anyway?

IF she had educated her entitled self to learn the rules of the State of NH, she NEVER would have gone done there. Totally different then road rage.. LOL. He has the right to do it. He pays taxes for it like everyone else. And it only takes ONE **** to start an argument. If she knew anything, she wouldn't have said a thing. He didn't argue he was informing her of the LAW. Why Move??
Shrimpbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #28
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkam View Post
unfortunately for the good fistherman, there are bad ones that have hooked lures on people's docks and boat covers, and left them behind. It' a nice way for a home owner to mass a collection of lures, but also not fun when you grab hold of your cover and get stuck by one.
I understand the complaint.

I have several docks that are rented out in a commercial area. For many years people came in cars, used my parking lot, and fished from my docks. They left everything from bait to soda cans for me to clean up. Once when I stopped by one of the fisherman was standing on someones swim platform fishing.

After numerous complaints from the tenants renting docks about fish hooks stuck in their lines or their canvas covers I put up several "no fishing/no trespassing" signs. That reduced the complaint s by about 80% but I still find people fishing there several times a year. Some people just don't get it.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #29
tbonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpbrain View Post
IF she had educated her entitled self to learn the rules of the State of NH, she NEVER would have gone done there. Totally different then road rage.. LOL. He has the right to do it. He pays taxes for it like everyone else. And it only takes ONE **** to start an argument. If she knew anything, she wouldn't have said a thing. He didn't argue he was informing her of the LAW. Why Move??

Perhaps to simply love his neighbor?

tbonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:48 AM   #30
Biggd

Quote:
He was being a A-hole also. There's no reason he couldn't have moved away except that he wanted to continue the confrontation. It takes one A-hole to start an argument but it takes more than one to continue it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
DesertDweller (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #31
Rusty

The lake has a surface area of 71 sq miles and this guy has to antagonize a slip owner who only wants to make sure her boat doesn't get damaged. The big fish that he wants to catch just have to be in that little open slip..so he thinks anyway.
At the end of the video the other guy on the boat said that they should start her boat motor and see how she reacts..real funny..to them anyway.
Biggd (10-05-2018), tis (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #32
Biggd

About a month ago I was behind 2 casr and we coming up on a part of road where it merged into one lane. Well neither guy in front of me wanted to let the other go ahead. They eventually sideswiped each other. I'm sure the battle continued after they pulled over but I just passed on by. Who was right and who was wrong? Was it really worth it to get one car ahead?
The whole incident could have been avoided if one of them didn't continue the confrontation. I just don't get it?
Old 10-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #33
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

I guess I'm "that guy" again, but I don't see the joy in forcing myself or my activities on other people. This is the same thought process that keeps me from anchoring ten feet off someone's beach, even though I have a legal right to be there.

That being said, the woman was clearly too aggressive; I thought he handled it fairly well, though I would've stopped responding after saying, "I have a legal right to be here, but feel free to call MP if you'd like to confirm."

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #34
Bigstan

Quote:
He was lucky she didn't file a charge of sexual assault or rape! Seems to be the way some solve disagreements! This is just another example of wealthy lake front owners being bully's and disregarding the publics right to the body of water they believe they own. She could have gone down , asked how they were doing, and ask that they be careful fishing around the boats, but that's not how the elites are. Wonder why so many people dislike waterfront property owners from out of state!
You know she's wealthy how? You can tell she's from out of state because...? She's elite why, becuase she has an average boat docked ?

Thank you Captain political for your insight. I wasn't sure if she was an 'us' or a 'them' , now I know.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigstan For This Useful Post:
Biggd (10-05-2018), germangirlvt (11-03-2018), TiltonBB (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #35
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

There was no reason to drive right in between the docks unless he was trying to provoke a confrontation.He could easily have been respectful and stayed 20 or 30 feet out and cast in around the docks.
This is a guy who has issues with people he sees as “entitled”....... looks to me like he is the one that thinks he owns the lake after that set up.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #36
rick35

Quote:
Persuasive.. I Wonder... If He Had.. Or..... Is it possibe... Would This... Because I think.... I'd Be Afraid.... REALLY PEOPLE, seriously ???????? Maybe, If he did, What happens if? It's possible....It could happen....IF IF IF IF IF IF. Please state FACTS !

The Lake is OWNED by the State. PERIOD... He did have EVERY RIGHT in the world to fish there. Period... He was EXTREMELY POLITE and Knowledgeable of the rules of the STATE OF NH, obviously she wasn't. I actually know the guys and there is absolutely NO WAY (FACT) that he went in there looking for a confrontation. Just not going to happen. (FACT). She was TOTALLY WRONG and he was TOTALLY RIGHT AND LEGAL.
Property owner? You can usually tell the ones who are are aren’t as they tend to be more militant about their rights.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #37
rick35

I don’t think anyone will argue about a fisherman’s right to use the lake. I just don’t like it when he feels he needs to jam it down my throat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (10-05-2018), thinkxingu (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #38
FlyingScot

Quote:
I don't think you should assume she is a waterfront property owner (or for that matter, elite or from out of state). Actually, she appears not to be a waterfront owner--her boat is at a marina
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #39
Poor Richard

No harm, no foul. Let the guy fish.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #40
Redbarn

Default Jl

Is Johnathan landing a dug out marina?
Redbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #41
ThePlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't think you should assume she is a waterfront property owner (or for that matter, elite or from out of state). Actually, she appears not to be a waterfront owner--her boat is at a marina
The video was taken at the Marina in Jonathan's Landing, which is a community and all the slips (and boats) in there are for people who own condos in there.
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #42
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts

I'd guess 99% of dock owners don't mind people fishing nearby. I expect that experience would lead fishermen to not anticipate confrontation. Fishing is very peaceful. Why break the mood with a lot of shouting?
In the meantime, I'd rather have people fishing 20 feet away than dropping anchor 200 feet away and cranking the tunes. Actually, for whatever reasons those who fish and anchor in our area are all pretty quiet.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #43
AC2717

does this go for when I am walking around your car in a parking lot and hanging near it while I am on the phone?
to me is it is the same idea, someone telling you to get away from their car on a public street
tis (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 12:33 PM   #44
tis

AC2717, hit the thanks button by mistake. I don't agree with you. It would be more like a car in your driveway.

I don't see why this guy couldn't just do as this lady asked and go on his way since she was worried he might hit her boat. I think he was just being stubborn.
The fishermen don't bother me at all, they usually throw out their lines and keep going. I do wish they wouldn't leave anything behind though. We just untangled a long fishing line hooked to a tree.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #45
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
AC2717, hit the thanks button by mistake. I don't agree with you. It would be more like a car in your driveway.

I don't see why this guy couldn't just do as this lady asked and go on his way since she was worried he might hit her boat. I think he was just being stubborn.
The fishermen don't bother me at all, they usually throw out their lines and keep going. I do wish they wouldn't leave anything behind though. We just untangled a long fishing line hooked to a tree.
it wouldn't your driveway is your private property, the water is public land
Old 10-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #46
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

To me this is more about common courtesy than it is whether legal or not.

In a situation like that if somebody asked me to move on I would. That said many who own waterfront or are part of an association need to realize that they do not own the lake and cannot just cordon off whatever they deem appropriate to them for their own "personal and private" use.

I do think under the circumstances the fisherman was courteous in discussing this with the woman that was complaining. I've witnessed plenty of situations like that where one side or both get completely metal.

I would only say just because something may be legal to the letter of the law doesn't always mean it's appreciated and a little give and take goes a long way even if it means eating a little humble pie.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
germangirlvt (11-03-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #47
kawishiwi

Default Less here than...

...most are seeing. The woman was just looking after her boat. The fisherman seemed to be respecting her boat. While she mentioned that it was a 'private' marina she seemed ok with him fishing in there as long as he didnt bump her boat.
It was pretty bold to motor into a tight area like that. I know where that is and it "looks" private to me though its likely not.
For the non-fisherman a little info. That marina, with shallow protected water and all the 'cover' provided by the docks & boats makes that a tremendously attractive place to fish for Largemouth bass. Probably the single most attractive spot...for over a mile, or two, in any direction.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #48
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Largemouth bass. Probably the single most attractive spot...for over a mile, or two, in any direction.
100% correct, and that is why he is there.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #49
tis

The water is public the docks are not. I guess it would be like sitting at the end of your driveway and blocking you from getting out for a few minutes just became one can. But I can see this discussion is going nowhere as usual. Some of us will think he should have just moved on-common courtesy, and others will think, by God he has a right to be there and should stand his ground!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Biggd (10-05-2018), Blyblvrd (10-05-2018), germangirlvt (11-03-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #50
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts
Default Question

So, for the sake of discussion: I see fisherman in boats in front of my house all the time and I am on a very open part of the lake. Sometimes they are so close it surprises me to look out the front windows and see that a boat is so close.

This has happened to me so here is the question: When they cast, and their line and lure gets caught on your dock or boat lines do you:

A. Let them come onto your property to retrieve it
B. Cut the line and tell them to move on. (option, thank them for your new lure)
C. Try to release their lure without damaging your property
D. You tell me!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #51
SAB1

I think you will get varying answers to that question. If it were me I would just asoon like them to retrieve the lure. As mentioned above someone caught a tree and snapped off their line leaving it dangling. Hate to see wildlife get caught up in monofilament line. Often deadly to the animal.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #52
kawishiwi

Default Same thing as a baseball...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
So, for the sake of discussion: I see fisherman in boats in front of my house all the time and I am on a very open part of the lake. Sometimes they are so close it surprises me to look out the front windows and see that a boat is so close.

This has happened to me so here is the question: When they cast, and their line and lure gets caught on your dock or boat lines do you:

B. Cut the line and tell them to move on. (option, thank them for your new lure)
D. You tell me!
If you saw a baseball come over your property line followed by a kid or a dad, do the same for the fisherman, as you would for the baseballers. Chuck it back, let 'em get it or add it to your collection of baseballs. If they damage something get compensation or report to the police.
Be who you would be most proud of.
Top-Water (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #53
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post

D. You tell me!
I chose option D: I would walk down to the dock and help them get the lure back, ask them how the fishing was and hopefully meet someone nice. From my experiences over many years on the lake if there is anything that I have learned is that folks are usually so thankful when you help them out in awkward situations like this. Even for the smallest things. For me life is to short to get pissy about stuff like this. And more often than not if you meet again under different circumstances you could and might become lifelong friendly acquaintances. God forbid maybe even close friends. But as a back up alternative option you can always tell them while your chatting that “you” and one of your friends seen a couple of *6* pound fish in the next cove down just yesterday. (Don’t say five pounder's, the five pound story is used so often they will know you are not telling the truth). This still leaves the possibilities of becoming friends at a later date, you just seen the fish you did not give any promises that they would catch them.

The first part of the story is true, for the second half let your conscience be your guide.

Parents insert photo of a really cute kid.
Gal’s insert photo of really handsome guy.

See you on the water tomorrow, but not on the docks I try to avoid these awkward situations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
Flyfisha (10-05-2018), MBNeckguy (10-06-2018), SAB1 (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #54
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbarn View Post
Is Johnathan landing a dug out marina?
Sure looks like it to me, which would make it private. I guess the JL HOA will have to put up signs to prevent this from happening again. Which, by the way, they have the right to do, according to the man in the video.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #55
The Real BigGuy

Quote:

Have a chip on your shoulder much?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post:
kawishiwi (10-06-2018), tis (10-06-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #56
The Real BigGuy

Quote:

I actually know the guys and there is absolutely NO WAY (FACT) that he went in there looking for a confrontation. Just not going to happen. (FACT).

No, actually both are only your opinions!

The Following User Says Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post:
tis (10-06-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #57
Dave R

I thought that was a nice fish at the end. I can totally understand why he wanted to fish there after seeing that.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #58
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I thought that was a nice fish at the end. I can totally understand why he wanted to fish there after seeing that.
True, but fish like that cost more than the bait it takes to catch them in the long run ��

Or were you talking about the actual fish? That was nice too, and cleanly caught & released.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:15 PM   #59
ConcernedAngler

Quote:

Because she said he was breaking the law and he wasn’t. A lot of the responses in favor of the woman seem to think she is fine with accusing him of breaking the law, when he didn’t. How would you react if you were accused of something you didn’t do??
ConcernedAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ConcernedAngler For This Useful Post:
Flyfisha (10-07-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #60
ConcernedAngler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
There was no reason to drive right in between the docks unless he was trying to provoke a confrontation.He could easily have been respectful and stayed 20 or 30 feet out and cast in around the docks.
This is a guy who has issues with people he sees as “entitled”....... looks to me like he is the one that thinks he owns the lake after that set up.
I own on the lake and I fish on the lake. I would rather have someone 5 feet from my boat fishing my dock, than trying to get their bait under the dock from 20-30 ft away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedAngler For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (10-09-2018), Flyfisha (10-07-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #61
ConcernedAngler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Sure looks like it to me, which would make it private. I guess the JL HOA will have to put up signs to prevent this from happening again. Which, by the way, they have the right to do, according to the man in the video.
There are no such marinas on Winni. I don’t believe 50% of the stories regarding lures snagged, torn covers, etc... I have found 1 jig on our dock in 9 yrs!!! Know the laws if you own on the water.
The Following User Says Thank You to ConcernedAngler For This Useful Post:
Flyfisha (10-07-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #62
ConcernedAngler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You ever seen a skinny thin fisherman ….. probably not …… fisherman with all their motors ….. a big motor on the stern ….. a little electric motor on the bow … and sometimes a second small gas motor on the stern ….. all for moving the boat around the water, looking to catch a fish.

With just a simple row boat, you get the exercise you never get with all those motors, plus you still catch the fish …. and you lose the weight of a big fat gut …. as in fat stomach.

Ditto this sentiment for a fishing kayak, or a fishing stand up paddle board. Lose the motors ….. row or paddle a fishing boat/kayak ….. lose the fat …. catch the fish! How's that for a bumper sticker: 'Lose your fat, Catch the fish'.... as a promo for fishing kayaks ….. ha-ha-ha.

By the way, the Plymouth Walmart still has the very dark green fishing kayak, 10' length, seats for one or two, 500lb cap, a kayak paddle, reg $500, now $250 …. Lifetime Sport Fisher Angler 100 kayak; with three recessed rod holders built in.

So's, how come you need a 20-foot boat with three motors to catch a little 1 1/2-lb fish, which gets tossed back with catch and release? Kayaking is pretty good aerobic workout with the double bladed paddle. You can paddle for say two miles, one direction, out on the big, big water, troll one or two lines, and stop and make casts, then turn around and paddle back the two miles. Paddling is a great fun experience, and catching a fish or two makes it better. Paddling a kayak makes you feel like you are a lot closer to the water than fishing a 20' boat.

Lose the fat, Go kayak fishing!
This was a real response???? A KAYAK!! We get 8 hrs to fish in tournaments so going 45 mph on Winni helps us get around the lake all day. Also, feel free to come down to a weigh in and see if all of us have “big fat guts”, you kale-loving, kayak paddling tree hugger
Old 10-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #63
ushaggerb

Default It's a GREAT Lake!

Not being dismissive. Just want to point out that, while there is conflict out there on the Lake, last time we were up boating, probably over 20 boats waved to us in our boat. In what other environment do people act so friendly? Had someone who'd never been on the Lake before. They said, "boy, I had to train myself to wave people."
ushaggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:00 AM   #64
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushaggerb View Post
Not being dismissive. Just want to point out that, while there is conflict out there on the Lake, last time we were up boating, probably over 20 boats waved to us in our boat. In what other environment do people act so friendly? Had someone who'd never been on the Lake before. They said, "boy, I had to train myself to wave people."
I hope you waved back.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 AM   #65
ApS

Angry Not Just Fishermen...

Quote:
I don’t think anyone will argue about a fisherman’s right to use the lake. I just don’t like it when he feels he needs to jam it down my throat.
"Visitors" own the lake's waters.

This private beach is clearly marked by a sign "uninviting" visitors.

Not my $4½M property, but "visitors" to the short private beach within this tiny cove—adjacent to Johnson's Cove—feel entitled to wade ankle-deep there.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:52 AM   #66
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedAngler View Post
This was a real response???? A KAYAK!! We get 8 hrs to fish in tournaments so going 45 mph on Winni helps us get around the lake all day. Also, feel free to come down to a weigh in and see if all of us have “big fat guts”, you kale-loving, kayak paddling tree hugger
45-mph has been the Lake Winnipesaukee limit since July, 2008, and before that, it was totally no speed limit.

Getting hit and sliced up by a fast, powerful boat going 45-mph while out in the open water of Winnipesaukee on a kayak is always a concern, so's I use a kayak paddle with white blades that probably shows up good, on a both a sunny or cloudy day.

What do you think ..... do the white kayak blades show up good from a distance while going 45-mph?
Old 10-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #67
rick35

Quote:
I hope you waved back.
I find that everyone waves this time of year. There’s less recreational boating and just regulars going somewhere. I think we’re sharing our connection and nothing says it better than a friendly wave.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #68
tis

Quote:
I find that everyone waves this time of year. There’s less recreational boating and just regulars going somewhere. I think we’re sharing our connection and nothing says it better than a friendly wave.
I totally agree with you. I was just thinking the last day we were out that more people wave this time of year.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 AM   #69
Rusty

Quote:
45-mph has been the Lake Winnipesaukee limit since July, 2008, and before that, it was totally no speed limit.

Getting hit and sliced up by a fast, powerful boat going 45-mph while out in the open water of Winnipesaukee on a kayak is always a concern, so's I use a kayak paddle with white blades that probably shows up good, on a both a sunny or cloudy day.

What do you think ..... do the white kayak blades show up good from a distance while going 45-mph?
Here is an image of a SUP individual who was shown on Chronicle about the Dive & Shipley's. Is he/she dressed properly so someone going 45 plus could see him/her?
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #70
ConcernedAngler

Quote:

Umm, ok I never said it wasn’t the speed limit. Umm, sorry you get sliced up by boats doing the speed limit. Umm, never seen white kayak blades.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #71
Barney Bear

Default Color Matters

There have been several occasions when we have been headed to our slip at FBY at early dawn, or near sunset, when we have encountered kayaks (aka "speed bumps") far from shore. In these reduced light situations, it would help boat operators to see these craft if the paddlers would wear a bright color while underway. A dark kayak with a person wearing dark clothing is difficult to see in low level light conditions. We always turn far away, or reduce speed when meeting these folks. We also wave as we pass by. 🐻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Bear For This Useful Post:
germangirlvt (11-03-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #72
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:

Don’t take the bait, pun intended. FLL loves to poke the basket to get your blood pressure rising. Just ignore like a fly and hopefully he will go away.

joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #73
gillygirl

Quote:
There are no such marinas on Winni. I don’t believe 50% of the stories regarding lures snagged, torn covers, etc... I have found 1 jig on our dock in 9 yrs!!! Know the laws if you own on the water.

Of course there are dug marinas in Winnipesaukee. I watched one as it grew over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 10-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #74
Rusty

Quote:
Watch out or FLL will give you 10 lashes with a wet NOODLE, and a pink one at that..
Old 10-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #75
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Here is an image of a SUP individual who was shown on Chronicle about the Dive & Shipley's. Is he/she dressed properly so someone going 45 plus could see him/her?
Does it really matter? The more interesting question is why anyone would spend gobs of money on a fundamentally unstable platform to stand on then attempt to balance + paddle themselves around on it? LMAO.... HELLO??? you all look really stupid out there on those silly things!!!!

Since so many dumb people buy those things I think I'm going to steal FLL's idea and start selling color coordinated noodle belts to match and come up with some catchy name for it and sell it as a must have accessory item.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
ApS (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #76
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Land Owner

The land owner is in the wrong and should have stopped after she asked you to be careful of her boat.

I totally enjoy fishermen/fisherwomen coming by our place on Rattlesnake Island. Especially when they catch a biggie! I don’t fish, but I love seeing anglers enjoying the lake. Many of the boats that come by probably don’t realize that I consider them friends.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Flyfisha (10-07-2018), Newbiesaukee (10-07-2018), Top-Water (10-08-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #77
Tank151

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend10 View Post
I understand that homeowners don't "own" the lake water, but some of these anglers are JERKS. They have the whole lake to fish, but they come close to homeowners properties, boats, etc. to cast their rods at potentially to cause some damage.

Next time an angler is close to your property or boat, skim some stone from your property near him and see how he/she likes it? it worked for me...
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #78
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Once, as I was pulling out of Hunter's IGA, all of a sudden a truck came in against the direction arrows, and almost hit me. I gave a toot to show my annoyance, but then the truck driver rolled down his window and shouted "Do you want me to come over there and kick your ass right now?"

Was that you ConcernedAngler?
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #79
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
Once, as I was pulling out of Hunter's IGA, all of a sudden a truck came in against the direction arrows, and almost hit me. I gave a toot to show my annoyance, but then the truck driver rolled down his window and shouted "Do you want me to come over there and kick your ass right now?"

Was that you ConcernedAngler?
I doubt it was "ConcernedAngler", he has a big fat gut on him..so says FLL anyway.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #80
fatlazyless

Quote:
No, not a high visibility outfit, and she would be cruis'n for a bruis'n shar'n the big water with the motorboat traffic. One has to be smart about sup'n and not push your luck too much, especially in congested, speedy spots and busy weekends.

There are lots of locations where motorboats do not expect to have a sup present. There are lots of locations, usually close to shore, where motorboats do not go very much.

Sup-ers should wear a hi-visibility pfd, a hi-visibility hat (white), and have a loud whistle attached to pfd, ready to use.

Wearing a low visibility outfit and expecting motorboats to see you, while in their territory is a very dumb position ..... and may result in a collision.

The six foot long sup paddles always seem to be black, so's painting it white and adding a contrasting stripe with bright red or orange 2" tape is smart.The paddle seems to be an item that gets seen due to its movement.

Also, the visiblity of the sup board itself is something to consider, and a contrasting white/orange, white/red, white/blue, white/yellow, or white/anything would give the 11'x32" board extra visibility.

Cheapest high quality, quik-dri, sun protectant, short sleeve and long sleeve tee shirts for wearing under a pfd are the Hane's from Walmart.com in many different colors....... about $8.50ea.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-07-2018 at 05:50 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (10-07-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #81
Onshore

The gentleman in the video infers that if a marina is contained within a dug-in inlet or basin it is private and boating within it can be restricted. I do not believe this to be correct. Let me state up front that I am not an attorney. I base this on opinion documents from the NH Dept. of Justice I have read, final reports on public water access from previous legislative committees and some relevant case law. in the case of a dredge inlet the owners may claim they retain ownership of the submerged bed but the waters that flow in remain public. Consider that almost all, if not all, riverbeds in NH are privately owned but the waters are public and navigation cannot be obstructed. I believe there is also a NH Supreme Court case from the early 1900's that established that even if an entity owned all of the land around a great pond they cannot restrict access. It remains a public water. I will see if I can track that case down. If I can find it, I will post a link to it for those who are curious.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onshore For This Useful Post:
germangirlvt (11-03-2018), gillygirl (10-10-2018), Top-Water (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #82
ApS

Question Do You Run Over Jaywalkers?

Quote:
No, not a high visibility outfit, and she would be cruis'n for a bruis'n shar'n the big water with the motorboat traffic. One has to be smart about sup'n and not push your luck too much, especially in congested, speedy spots and busy weekends. There are lots of locations where motorboats do not expect to have a sup present. There are lots of locations, usually close to shore, where motorboats do not go very much. Sup-ers should wear a hi-visibility pfd, a hi-visibility hat (white), and have a loud whistle attached to pfd, ready to use. Wearing a low visibility outfit and expecting motorboats to see you, while in their territory is a very dumb position ..... and may result in a collision.....The six foot long sup paddles always seem to be black, so's painting it white and adding a contrasting stripe with bright red or orange 2" tape is smart.The paddle seems to be an item that gets seen due to its movement. Also, the visiblity of the sup board itself is something to consider, and a contrasting white/orange, white/red, white/blue, white/yellow, or white/anything would give the 11'x32" board extra visibility. Cheapest high quality, quik-dri, sun protectant, short sleeve and long sleeve tee shirts for wearing under a pfd are the Hane's from Walmart.com in many different colors....... about $8.50ea.
I bought one of the best whistles on the market, and made my ears ring when trying it out. However, I don't expect to have anyone hear it—even people on shore!

Having recently altered an inept noisy-speedboat law to an even noisier one, NH's required whistle is an anachronism within a changed lake.

Quote:
I need to clean my screen to see how many "watercraft" are boating out there!

After launching one of my non-motored watercraft, I'd also need 5 minutes to "collide" with them...

Old 10-08-2018, 09:00 AM   #83
fatlazyless

Default ..... you snooze, you lose

Quote:

Go kayak fishing!
Looks like this $250 bargain fishing kayak got sold, as of today, is no longer in its' outdoor spot at Plymouth Walmart, so must have been purchased?

All that's left is a turquoise and grey, 2-3 seat, SunDolphin3 pedal boat, with no price attached?
ushaggerb (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #84
Rusty

Quote:
Looks like this $250 bargain fishing kayak got sold, as of today, is no longer in its' outdoor spot at Plymouth Walmart, so must have been purchased?

All that's left is a turquoise and grey, 2-3 seat, SunDolphin3 pedal boat, with no price attached?
How about these Kayaks at Ocean City Job Lots:
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #85
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore things View Post
The gentleman in the video infers that if a marina is contained within a dug-in inlet or basin it is private and boating within it can be restricted. I do not believe this to be correct. Let me state up front that I am not an attorney. I base this on opinion documents from the NH Dept. of Justice I have read, final reports on public water access from previous legislative committees and some relevant case law. in the case of a dredge inlet the owners may claim they retain ownership of the submerged bed but the waters that flow in remain public. Consider that almost all, if not all, riverbeds in NH are privately owned but the waters are public and navigation cannot be obstructed. I believe there is also a NH Supreme Court case from the early 1900's that established that even if an entity owned all of the land around a great pond they cannot restrict access. It remains a public water. I will see if I can track that case down. If I can find it, I will post a link to it for those who are curious.
I do not think that statement is correct either, but could not find anything that could or would indicate it one way or another. I would seriously doubt the state would give up any of its rights under any circumstances through the permitting process, and if by chance any of it was done without a permit they could make them restore it back.

Thank you for that post. Very thankful you replied.

Some thing else he mentioned that was not true either but not in these exact words was that if you own land, lets say for example 100 acres that has a 10 acre pond in the middle of it, that pond is owned by the state and in simple terms means that anyone who wants to use it can. Again all of this in very simple terms. If there is no public access to the example pond above, the state can come in and create one. I personally am in this situation, however the land is in current use and we allow people to access the land. That allows people to get to the pond. (Being in current use takes it off of any priority list for Fish & Game to forcefully obtain public access) As a side note to this even though we own the land around the pond entirely and technically the pond itself. I and and anyone else have to have a valid fishing licence to fish in that pond.

Its kinda the same thing if you have a lakefront home you think you own the land but you really don't in some ways. The State is the one who controls what happens at the waters edge and 250 feet ???? inward. Same is kinda true again in simple terms for a non lake front home and the first 10 or 15 feet in from the street. If the town wants to put a side walk in in front of your home, they can and more or less get to make the rules what can happen on that sidewalk.

I doubt the state gave up any rights with regard to this. If you find something please share it.

Last edited by Top-Water; 10-08-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #86
Onshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
I do not think that statement is correct either, but could not find anything that could or would indicate it one way or another. I would seriously doubt the state would give up any of its rights under any circumstances through the permitting process, and if by chance any of it was done without a permit they could make them restore it back.

Thank you for that post. Very thankful you replied.

Some thing else he mentioned that was not true either but not in these exact words was that if you own land, lets say for example 100 acres that has a 10 acre pond in the middle of it, that pond is owned by the state and in simple terms means that anyone who wants to use it can. Again all of this in very simple terms. If there is no public access to the example pond above, the state can come in and create one. I personally am in this situation, however the land is in current use and we allow people to access the land. That allows people to get to the pond. (Being in current use takes it off of any priority list for Fish & Game to forcefully obtain public access) As a side note to this even though we own the land around the pond entirely and technically the pond itself. I and and anyone else have to have a valid fishing licence to fish in that pond.

Its kinda the same thing if you have a lakefront home you think you own the land but you really don't in some ways. The State is the one who controls what happens at the waters edge and 250 feet ???? inward. Same is kinda true again in simple terms for a non lake front home and the first 10 or 15 feet in from the street. If the town wants to put a side walk in in front of your home, they can and more or less get to make the rules what can happen on that sidewalk.

I doubt the state gave up any rights with regard to this. If you find something please share it.
I found some information on the case pertaining to great ponds surrounded by privately held lands. The case was first heard as Percy Summer Club V. Welch and State v. Welch in the NH Supreme Court in 1889. They were still fighting it out and waiting for a US Circuit Court Decision in April of 1906. Private message me with an email address and I'll send you a copy of a NY Times article from April 4, 1906 that talks about the case.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #87
Top-Water

Thanks (sending) PM
Old 10-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #88
ConcernedAngler

Default Here are the laws for you all to review

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...207/207-57.htm

Per Executive Director Normandeau of NH Fish and Game “there are no private/off-limit areas of Lake Winnipesaukee other than seasonal restriction ( Winnipesaukee is a salmon lake, so some restrictions apply). Boats, docks, tethered floats, etc... are private and personally owned, however, the water is public. Any individual damaging these are responsible for the damage, but fishermen can fish fish them and be within their legal rights. Anyone harrassing, threatening or interfering with fishermen will be in violation of NH Title XVIII 207:57 and can be cited.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ConcernedAngler For This Useful Post:
Flyfisha (10-09-2018), gillygirl (10-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 02:34 AM   #89
fatlazyless

Default .... read that shore-liner their rights, Danno!

Definitely something to repeat and repeat and repeat, commit to memory, while zipping from hot spot to hot spot in your bass boat at 45-mph.

So's, what was that second sentence again ?..... ka-boom-a-boom-boom!

You know, for $5 you can go to the Meredith McDonald's and get two filet-o-fish which are Alaskan pollock, caught in the Bering Sea off Alaska, a real fish that wasn't tossed back!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filet-O-Fish .... plus a large courtesy cup of water ..... drawn from nearby Lake Waukewan ..... cheers!