Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
CanisLupusArctos

Default New Links added to WeatherCam

In response to recent ideas from people who say they use the WeatherCam as their default home page (including a few friends in the UK) I added news & sports links. Now they (and you) can read the news and sports sites as well as check weather from beyond NH.

While testing those links I found it entertaining to learn that the UK and Australia are talking about their high gas prices just as much as we are, and that British Airways and Quantas are struggling just as much as American. The Brits are apparently blaming their liberal leadership in the same way we're blaming our conservative leadership.

Anyway, back on topic... These new links mean that you can have a virtual visit to Winni's weather, then drown your economic worries by looking around the world for a dose of "misery loves company"... check the financial markets on the other side of the world while ours is shut for the night... get business ideas from other countries... see what other countries are saying about us... and check your favorite sports.

If any of the news or sports disturbs you, you'll still have a nearly-live image of ol' Winni to console you, and you can click the loon icon for some nice peaceful loon songs (and other nature sounds.)

It's not too often I get to playing with my own website but this has led me to start checking all those sites now. They're interesting! I think this time I made a toy for myself that I'm just sharing. Enjoy!
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote