Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Full Belly Deli - Wolfeboro

I usually don't complain about food or services, growing up on a farm in VT you have two choices; take it or leave it. However, today I had an interesting situation develop. I was up to the lake today helping a friend prepare his boat for launching. At lunch time I ventured over to the Full Belly Deli for a quick sandwich (everyone at the Club raves about how good their food is). When I got there, it was standing room only and I thought about trying another place. But the girl on the counter got to me before I finished reading the menu board and I place my order for one tuna sub, a couple bags of chips (I’m sharing the sub) and a drink and took my place in the back of the store.

I noticed everyone ahead of me was paying huge prices for what seemed like pretty small bags of lunch items ($20, $25, $30 and more); in fact one guy had to break out a credit card to cover his $18 lunch after coming up short. I totaled mine up in my mind to be about $11 and was shocked when she said it will be $21.25... My reply was," I don’t think I want this sandwich anymore, at that price" and her response was, "let me re-check this for you". "You're right, you were charged double" it’s actually $12.85... Well, that not exactly the way the math works in my mind, but I paid it anyways just to get out of there.

Normally, I'd just let it go as an innocent slip up, but when I think about all the other people ahead of me paying such a high price for lunch, and the fact that the counter girl works with these published prices every day and it didn't seem odd to her, makes me angry that they are ripping off everyone who walks in the door and just accepts the price of lunch at the famous "Full Belly Deli".

They will never get the chance to cheat me again and I hope you keep an eye on your next total there.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Heaven

I grabbed a sandwich chip and drink there myself, got charged the right amount, did notice it was much busier than I had expected. Sorry to hear of your bad experience, I have always been a fan of their service and sandwiches.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
Argie's Wife

Not saying this to discredit your situation but this is just from my experience...

I used to work in the office building right near FBD and never had a problem... Had a few meals there.... No problem.
I've been over charged before at Dunkin Donuts or other places but returned because it was an easy correction and people make mistakes... that's just life.

And when a place is overloaded with customers, like you described, errors are even more likely to happen.

Could it be that the people with the $30 checks and a small bag maybe had something like a lobster roll or other pricy morsel?

And if you caught the error and they corrected it, then you really weren't cheated were you? Did you pay the appropriate bill or not? Did the gal give you any flack when you pointed out the correct amount?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
camp guy

Default Full Belly Deli

I have been a regular cutomer of FBD since they opened and I have NEVER had a wrong bill, as a matter of fact, sometimes in a large order I find I was undercharged. The people working there are honest and good people.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
jogator1

I've never had an issue with unethical charging.

My favorite is on select Fridays when they serve their thanks-for-giving turkey sandwich. I'll drive from Meredith just to get one a couple times a summer.
jogator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
And if you caught the error and they corrected it, then you really weren't cheated were you? Did you pay the appropriate bill or not? Did the gal give you any flack when you pointed out the correct amount?

I'm inclined to think the Cashier..not the establishment.. is being creative with the check.. A Little in the pocket for the cashier...undocumented ...

I had this happen at a New York Thruway tollbooth many years ago....while riding a motorcycle. I paid the toll with a Twenty..got the change..Ones..and pulled over right after the booth to count it and put in my wallet. I had no suspicion and had no problem ....until I Counted the Change. SCREWED. I filed a complaint to no avail.

Lesson: Count the change IN FRONT of the cashier. Don't be concerned that you are holding up traffic behind you. NB

PS: OLD People have more experience that Young people.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post:
Redwing (04-13-2010)
Old 04-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post

PS: OLD People have more experience that Young people.
Such a simple, but true statement. Thanks!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
Happy Gourmand

Default So....

How was the sandwich?
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default It was ok

It was okay, certainly wasn’t anything to rave over; it was just a tuna sub. Like I said, I don't complain much about food or service, in fact, I even like cafeteria food.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
CrawfordCentury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee Divers View Post
I totaled mine up in my mind to be about $11 and was shocked when she said it will be $21.25... My reply was," I don’t think I want this sandwich anymore, at that price" and her response was, "let me re-check this for you". "You're right, you were charged double" it’s actually $12.85... Well, that not exactly the way the math works in my mind, but I paid it anyways just to get out of there.
$11ish + the 9% meals tax gets you into the neighborhood of $12-$13.

Gotta beef with what the tuna costed - direct yer ire towards the denizens of the golden dome over to Concord, not the Bellypeople of the Back Bay.

No excuse for the blatant original overcharge. Good on you for being vigilant - and for the gal at the register for fessin' up to the error of her ways. Redemption should always be so easy!