Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
baja-mama

Default Meadowbrook traffic

I am so looking forward to the Tim McGraw concert on Monday night. But not looking forward to the traffic. They sent this email:

Parking for this show will now open at Noon and we would like to ask your cooperation in carpooling as much as possible, as there will be an unprecedented amount of traffic due to the seasonal holiday traffic and number of people attending this concert. There is a possibility of stadium style parking, so if you are a physician or will need to leave before the end of the event, we advise you to inform a parking attendant when you arrive.
We welcome you to come early and tailgate with friends!

Any tips from other past Meadowbrook attendees?

I'm wondering if we parked off the grounds and walked if it would be easier.
baja-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja-mama
...I'm wondering if we parked off the grounds and walked if it would be easier.
There's nowhere to legally park and walk to Meadowbrook, so I'd forget that idea. Keep in mind that most of the traffic they reference will be the hoardes of people heading home, not going anyplace except to the highway. The biggest issue will actually be the high volume of cars parking for the event.

Take their advice and go early and have a party in the parking lot before the show!

Oh, and one more thing ... I'm insanely jealous - I'd love to be going to that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
Aquadeziac

I know I have been to sold out concerts at Meadowbrook as recently as this month and must say that I am thoroughly impressed with their parking and traffic routing. Admittedly, its never been on a Holiday but we have always been out of the venue within 20-30 minutes of the end of the concert. I really don't think the traffic there in Gilford will be the big issue, more likely it will be Rtes 106, 3, & 93. I have always been lucky enough to get to my boat a mile away and stay on that for the night. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
baja-mama

Thanks Pepper and Aquadeziac,

We survived the traffic and had a great concert. Traffic going in was no problem and they had a lot of parking attendents directing traffic. Traffic leaving was a bit hairy with people walking on the same roads as the cars.

It will probably be a week before my ears stop ringing, not the music but all the screaming fans. I'm hoping for Faith Hill next year!
baja-mama is offline   Reply With Quote