Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Red face Hart's Turkey Farm

Traveled up to Meredith yesterday just to eat lunch at Hart's Turkey Farm, try to make it up once during the summer and definately stay up for a weekend around leaf peeping time. The food was as good yesterday as it has always been. My husband had the turkey livers and said "they were as good as if I made them myself" The only thing I did not like, was the new thing about having to ask for water, what ever happened to everyone getting water? Anyway, wonderful place, recommend it to anyone who loves turkey, they have lots of other things too, but the turkey dinners are wonderful. They have even opened a second location in Manchester. Will be back in October!!
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
rick35

We usually hit Harts a few times each summer. They're pretty consistent and the food is good. Their desserts are really good and I'm a big fan of their lemon meringue pie and carrot cake. Thinking back to recent years we've only had two bad experiences which they did their best to rectify. It happens as we've seen in other posts. One thing it really has an edge over other restaurants in Meredith is parking when pulling a boat. Depending on when we come into or leave town we think of Harts first.

Rick
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
KellyG

I love Hart's! When we go to Weirs Beach for a week in the summer, we usually go to Hart's twice. I love to take home jars of their carrot relish and cranberry chutney because they are both really good on sandwiches.
KellyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
Heading4thelake

Default Hart's still good!

Went to Hart's last week still a favorite of mine. It is always a good meal as everything tastes like Thanksgiving Day at home. Brought friends that have never been there and all came out full and thought it was great. Over 25 years I have been going there and always the best meal.
Heading4thelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
rick35

We went Friday night and the food was very good as always. Service was a little slow but that can happen anywhere. We've been enought times to know that service is usually excellent. And I'm still loving their carrot cake!
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Thumbs up Harts

Not only is it one on the best places for a real home cooked meal, their homemade ice cream is excellent.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
colt17

Default Winter Time

We always hit Harts in the winter coming back from a ski day. Love the gobbler
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
john60ri

Default Harts

The Harts in Manchester is located in the Clarion Motel on Front Street, just off Rt. 293. We stayed there last summer while visiting friends. The motel was newly renovated, and was fine for a short stay. Also, the Manchester Fratello's was a short distance away, just over the Amoskeag Bridge. We had a good time at both restaurants.
john60ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
AC2717

I like Hart's but we tend to stay away during the weekends as the service, food amounts, and waiting periods are just too much being used to the buffet before the season starts, and then the nice lazy nights during the week are the best
Old 07-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
VtSteve

I remember Harts when they had the turkeys out back. Now a low carb diet doesn't get me what I really want there I love the turkey, but without stuffing, cranberry sauce and potatoes, what's the point?

Do they still make the blueberry chiffon pies? With all the whipped cream on top and those huge blueberries?

Make me wanna cry
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
hockeypuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I remember Harts when they had the turkeys out back. Now a low carb diet doesn't get me what I really want there I love the turkey, but without stuffing, cranberry sauce and potatoes, what's the point?

Do they still make the blueberry chiffon pies? With all the whipped cream on top and those huge blueberries?

Make me wanna cry
Oh, those were the days. Russ Hart would always be there and walk around and greet everyone. The complete turkey dinner went from the relish tray and soup to dessert. The Jumbo Turkey Platter was impossible to finish by most.
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Rattlesnake Guy

I ordered the Jumbo turkey in the mid 80s and the waitress insisted three times that I did not want it. Three times I insisted that I did. When the meal came I discovered she was right. It was like a family style meal with big bowls of all the fixens and what must have been three pounds of turkey. I swear people were pointing and staring. I had three more meals with the take home.

Today it is a good deal but only one more meal with the take home. Financialy it's and easy choice.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
Pineedles

I think I saw a sign that they were offering "Lobster Rolls"; was I dreaming?
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote