Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
Fish-E

Default Winni Derby

Hi all, Does anyone have any information on the Winni Derby that is not on the web site? This will be my first time participating and I did not see where you go to register fish caught or where the awards are done.

Thanks, Fish-E
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
martbri7

Last year was Weirs Beach and for weigh in and Laconia Ice rink for awards ceremony...and I believe you have to be present to win!!

Did find out a contact for you though

The Winni Derby
c/o Laconia Rotary Club
PO Box 503
Laconia,NH,03247-0503

Phone:603-848-3474
Email:winniderby@yahoo.com

On May 17-19, 2013, the 31st annual event will be presented by the Laconia Rotary Club. More than $50,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded for major catches of Landlocked Salmon and Lake Trout. Bystanders can watch as the fish are weighed in at the weigh station, located on Lakeside Avenue in Weirs Beach. The weigh station is open from 8am to 7pm on Friday and Saturday, and from 8am to noon on Sunday. About 2800 anglers are expected to compete in the contest. This year’s event is sponsored by Cabelas, Twisted Tea, and other sponsors. The awards will be given out at the Laconia Ice Arena.

Last edited by martbri7; 04-16-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Found more info
martbri7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
Fish-E

Thanks. I sent an inquiry off.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Tired of Waiting

Default Not any more.

Mrs ToW and I used to fish in the Derby. But when they deleted two of the check points for caught fish we stopped.

We launched in Wolf bay and fished the southern end of the lake. We could check the fish at Wolf harbor. Now we would have to boat all the way over to Weirs or pull the boat and drive around the lake to check the fish. Just not worth the effort anymore.

And yes we won prizes but the value was just not worth the cost of the long boat ride to check in or the pull and drive to check fish.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Fish-E

THEY JUST RESPONDED AND POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE.

Hi, I just registered and I have a couple of questions that I could not find the answers to.

1. Do I need to go somehere to start the day of the derby or simply just start fishing and present my valid registration when I catch a fish and want to register it?No - just go fishing! When you have a fish to register - that is when you check in.

2. What is the location to register your fish, or are there multiple locations. Weirs Beach Docks - see website for details.

3. Where is the prize awards and at what times. Daily prizes range from cash to products....and website has directions to Laconia Ice Arena for awards!

http://www.winniderby.com/eventinformation.html
Event Information For the Winni Derby

Location of the Weigh StationPublic Docks, Weirs Beach, NH

Hours:

Friday and Saturday

8:00am to 9:00pm

Sunday

8:00am to NOON

All Fish weighed between 6:00pm and 9m on Friday or Saturday will qualify for the next day's awards. The fish must be weighed on the day caught.

Location and Times of the Daily AwardsLaconia Ice Arena

468 Province Road, Laconia, NH 03246

Friday and Saturday

Doors open at 6:30pm

Ceremony begins at 7:00pm

Sunday

Doors open at 1:00pm

Ceremony begins at 1:30pm

Directions:

From Laconia: Route 11 East to Laconia By-Pass. Follow to Route 107 East. Take first left on 107 East and take first street on left.

From Alton: Route 11 West to Bypass

From Weirs Beach: Take Route 11-B to Route 11, turn right onto By-Pass
Sponsored Links