Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
radiocontester

Default Huge shout out to Melvin Village Marina!

I had a boat full of family yesterday afternoon heading into the MVM channel to get some gas. We had to hold our position while waiting for a spot at the gas dock when before we knew it our boat had drifted into very shallow water just outside the red markers. Before I had a chance to trim the drive up the engine stalled and we began drifting closer to shore. To prevent sand from being ingested I didn't dare fire up the engine. The drive trim was also unresponsive (pushed up as far as it could go by the sand). Kevin and another gentleman from MVM noticed our trouble and immediately offered assistance. They towed us out to deeper water and Kevin boarded our boat to troubleshoot the issue. Fortunately the engine fired right up and we got the boat secured to the dock. The engine seemed to run fine and the drive trimmed up and down properly, which was a huge relief considering I had major work done on it last year.

We filled up the tank, chatted a bit, and were on our way to enjoy a beautiful sunset in the broads.

Many thanks to Kevin and crew at Melvin Village Marina!
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
JTA

Yup, a good bunch!
JTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Not surprised at all--Kevin and the others are just simply good people, and my greatest compliment is giving them all our boating dollars.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
jpjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocontester View Post
I had a boat full of family yesterday afternoon heading into the MVM channel to get some gas. We had to hold our position while waiting for a spot at the gas dock when before we knew it our boat had drifted into very shallow water just outside the red markers. Before I had a chance to trim the drive up the engine stalled and we began drifting closer to shore. To prevent sand from being ingested I didn't dare fire up the engine. The drive trim was also unresponsive (pushed up as far as it could go by the sand). Kevin and another gentleman from MVM noticed our trouble and immediately offered assistance. They towed us out to deeper water and Kevin boarded our boat to troubleshoot the issue. Fortunately the engine fired right up and we got the boat secured to the dock. The engine seemed to run fine and the drive trimmed up and down properly, which was a huge relief considering I had major work done on it last year.

We filled up the tank, chatted a bit, and were on our way to enjoy a beautiful sunset in the broads.

Many thanks to Kevin and crew at Melvin Village Marina!
the best by far AWESOME CREW !!!!
jpjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:39 AM   #5
GeoBarb11

Default Yes I have had same experience

I agree the MVM people are great. I have my boat racked there and have nothing but good things to say about the whole crew there, The valet service is outstanding. Bob and Shane have always been there to assist my wife and me navigating in and out of that narrow channel and docking at the gas dock. Interesting because I had the very same experience getting into trouble approaching the gas dock! The right side of that narrow channel on the side of the red markers can be treacherous if the wind is blowing to the south and you have to wait to dock. Hopefully MVM will dredge this out a bit for next season.
GeoBarb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links