Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Hi-Gloss kudos

In another thread, I recommended Miles Marine for transporting boats with two good experiences.

Actually, as I think about it, I had a third move last winter. Out of the barn to a local specialty shop (Hi-Gloss) and back a few weeks later. So effortless, it slipped my mind.

I recommend Hi-Gloss too. They removed all fittings, got down to bare wood and 6 coats of varnish. Also did some teak work, rebuilding seats and arranged for a sub to do upholstery; scraped, sanded and painted the bottom. Routine email photos as work progressed. A small deposit to assure me a place in their busy schedule, then periodic billing as work progressed, so no huge bill all at once, and no surprises even though we added some projects as we went along. Another five stars.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #2
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
In another thread, I recommended Miles Marine for transporting boats with two good experiences.

Actually, as I think about it, I had a third move last winter. Out of the barn to a local specialty shop (Hi-Gloss) and back a few weeks later. So effortless, it slipped my mind.

I recommend Hi-Gloss too. They removed all fittings, got down to bare wood and 6 coats of varnish. Also did some teak work, rebuilding seats and arranged for a sub to do upholstery; scraped, sanded and painted the bottom. Routine email photos as work progressed. A small deposit to assure me a place in their busy schedule, then periodic billing as work progressed, so no huge bill all at once, and no surprises even though we added some projects as we went along. Another five stars.
How does that line go, this post is worthless with out photos,,,

So,,,, GIVE ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Descant

Default work in progress

Mostly work in progress. It's hard in the shop to back up and get a larger view. In the storage shed, not enough light. Here's one of the sanded bow and the bow with a few coats of varnish.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
trfour (08-11-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #4
XCR-700

WOW what you can see looks spectacular.

Sorry from that angle I cant tell what it is???
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:50 PM   #5
Descant

Default Gotcha

The registration says "MISC"
the bow number is NH 1999 AM.
It was built in Sorrento. Does that help?
I love puzzles.
For more clarity(?) power is Motori conversion to Detroit Diesels 6 cyl, 250 hp each.
The "Angels' Share" is a quick little thing. Almost got named "Caprice", (Italian for, you got it, "Quick Little Thing", but I got over ruled for something Scotch, so, "Angel's Share".

Last edited by Descant; 08-03-2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added detail
Sponsored Links