Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #1
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,043
Thanks: 571
Thanked 555 Times in 322 Posts
Default Meadowbrook/Bank NH Pavilion Changes Update?

Hi All,
I just happened along a Facebook advertisement for ZBB at the Bank of NH Pavilion summer and in reading the comments, it appears there are some very unhappy people with the new TM arrangement, costs, etc.
My general experience is that big business ruins things, so I was afraid the venue would be negatively affected, but does anyone have actual info about pricing, policies, etc. since the change?

Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
bayviewguy (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 197
Thanks: 2
Thanked 70 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Being summer residents in Gilford, we have seen many shows at Meadowbrook...too many to count! My wife saw that Hootie and the Blowfish were coming and had always wanted to see them. She checked the price...131.00 for lawn seats, over 300.00 for covered seats! No thanks...maybe we'll be able to hear the music from our slip at Mt. View....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (02-08-2019), gravy boat (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
thebix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Down since 2009.
Posts: 53
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Ticket fees are nearly doubled

The venue clams that base ticket prices are in some cases lower, but the Live Nation purchase page also says prices vary due to demand and are not fixed prices for a given section. I have bought two shows, but balked at LYNYRD SKYNYRD at $200-300, I don't think the old system ever had prices that high. And what is not discovered until one makes a purchase is that is not the real prices, a fee of almost $20 a ticket is added on. Nowhere are the fees disclosed or identified, but just added to the total during checkout - surprise! It is not possible to actually purchase tickets at the initial advertised price. Also, parking is now $15, not 10, and there is a fee to get actual tickets, no longer can one print them at home. We usually go to 3-4 shows a season, but will likely stop at the two shows this year - about the same funds spent so far.
thebix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #4
baygo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 415
Thanks: 110
Thanked 271 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebix View Post
The venue clams that base ticket prices are in some cases lower, but the Live Nation purchase page also says prices vary due to demand and are not fixed prices for a given section. I have bought two shows, but balked at LYNYRD SKYNYRD at $200-300, I don't think the old system ever had prices that high. And what is not discovered until one makes a purchase is that is not the real prices, a fee of almost $20 a ticket is added on. Nowhere are the fees disclosed or identified, but just added to the total during checkout - surprise! It is not possible to actually purchase tickets at the initial advertised price. Also, parking is now $15, not 10, and there is a fee to get actual tickets, no longer can one print them at home. We usually go to 3-4 shows a season, but will likely stop at the two shows this year - about the same funds spent so far.
I once bought 4 game five NBA playoff tickets through LN. They charged me $15 each as a service charge. The series never went to game five and they did not refund their service charge. I will never buy another ticket of any sort from them again.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:41 PM   #5
AB_Monterey
Senior Member
 
AB_Monterey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 270
Thanks: 76
Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Being summer residents in Gilford, we have seen many shows at Meadowbrook...too many to count! My wife saw that Hootie and the Blowfish were coming and had always wanted to see them. She checked the price...131.00 for lawn seats, over 300.00 for covered seats! No thanks...maybe we'll be able to hear the music from our slip at Mt. View....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
We have pretty decent Hootie tickets. Face value: $259 total for 2 tickets with parking.

You're looking at resellers.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #6
Rinkerguy
Senior Member
 
Rinkerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Where can I get those tickets to Hootie for $259 for 2?

Whenever I go to buy tickets, the BNH Pavillon bounces to LiveNation website, and let the games begin... sky high prices, service charges etc.

Meadowbook used to be a nice place to go to a concert, now not so much
Rinkerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rinkerguy For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
gravy boat
Senior Member
 
gravy boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gilford yr round, W. Alton and Bears' Den for summers
Posts: 413
Thanks: 208
Thanked 89 Times in 44 Posts
Default Meadowbrook

Horrible to see how overpriced and increasingly unaffordable this venue has become. And the process with the new ticket vendor sucks, to be blunt.

Change happens.

And with the higher ticket prices, cumbersome purchasing system, ridiculous fees added to ticket prices, higher parking prices - oh, and let's not forget the incredibly overpriced drink and beer prices - this will be the last year we see more than 1, maybe 2 shows there. If that. In the past we've seen 6 shows but that just isn't gonna happen again. I've seen many others post the same sentiments on social media so I know we're in good company.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (02-09-2019), WinnisquamZ (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:44 PM   #8
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 422
Thanks: 195
Thanked 101 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Even as a person who is usually happy to drop hundreds to scalpers and shrug off the price as "well, that's just supply and demand...", I agree. It's one thing when great bands command a premium price, but the current lineup is a premium price for mid-tier-at-best.

With all due respect to both the musicians involved and those who enjoy them--Lynyrd Skynyrd? Really? Do people know it's not even the same band? Are there that many of us with nothing to do in the evening?

Nevertheless, keeping my fingers crossed for Steely Dan, Counting Crows, Dylan...
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #9
Outdoorsman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 638
Thanks: 70
Thanked 159 Times in 107 Posts
Default

It seems like they think they can make as much money in this smaller venue with B and C list bands as they can at venues like TD Garden in Boston with A list bands.

I am hopeful that they do not sell out on any shows this year. Let them correct the pricing that the public is willing to pay for these shows.
Outdoorsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:59 PM   #10
LuvWinni
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Westford/Meredith
Posts: 11
Thanks: 23
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

I had a pre code for luck combs, it sent me to the Billy Joel concert tix in NY....when I finally got in, it was sold out and general tickets were not even on sale yet. Sent me to the resale tickets for $300 each. Forget it. Use to be my favorite place to see concerts

Sent from my SM-G960U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
LuvWinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #11
AB_Monterey
Senior Member
 
AB_Monterey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 270
Thanks: 76
Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkerguy View Post
Where can I get those tickets to Hootie for $259 for 2?

Whenever I go to buy tickets, the BNH Pavillon bounces to LiveNation website, and let the games begin... sky high prices, service charges etc.

Meadowbook used to be a nice place to go to a concert, now not so much
You buy them the day they go on sale on TM.

I completely agree though on TM. It was a double-edged sword when livenation bought the facilty. You should get access to more acts but the fees, ticket prices, and additional charges come with it.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AB_Monterey For This Useful Post:
stingray (02-13-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
AB_Monterey
Senior Member
 
AB_Monterey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 270
Thanks: 76
Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Even as a person who is usually happy to drop hundreds to scalpers and shrug off the price as "well, that's just supply and demand...", I agree. It's one thing when great bands command a premium price, but the current lineup is a premium price for mid-tier-at-best.

With all due respect to both the musicians involved and those who enjoy them--Lynyrd Skynyrd? Really? Do people know it's not even the same band? Are there that many of us with nothing to do in the evening?

Nevertheless, keeping my fingers crossed for Steely Dan, Counting Crows, Dylan...
Becker is dead. Steely Dan died with him. It's Fagan with a band now.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #13
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 422
Thanks: 195
Thanked 101 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Monterey View Post
Becker is dead. Steely Dan died with him. It's Fagan with a band now.
Well, as the late great Walter Becker once said "I'd be perfectly happy not playing on my own album"...

Last year's Steely Dan tour, the first without Becker, was something like my tenth time seeing them live (I've lost count). I hate to say something negative about the departed, but the show was actually better with Jon Herrington taking all the guitar solos instead splitting them with the writer.

If any of you are SD fans and have not seen them live--DO IT! They are an awesome 10 person ensemble that has been together for over a decade and plays at least as well as the crew Becker and Fagen led in the 70s. In addition to Fagen and Herrington, their drummer Keith Carlock and their horn section are the best you'll see at any rock show.

There is still gas in the car...
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
TheRoBoat (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #14
Glendale Girl
Member
 
Glendale Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 34
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I am sure Mr. Harding is rolling. He never wanted this for Meadowbrook!!
Glendale Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #15
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 197
Thanks: 2
Thanked 70 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Well, as the late great Walter Becker once said "I'd be perfectly happy not playing on my own album"...

Last year's Steely Dan tour, the first without Becker, was something like my tenth time seeing them live (I've lost count). I hate to say something negative about the departed, but the show was actually better with Jon Herrington taking all the guitar solos instead splitting them with the writer.

If any of you are SD fans and have not seen them live--DO IT! They are an awesome 10 person ensemble that has been together for over a decade and plays at least as well as the crew Becker and Fagen led in the 70s. In addition to Fagen and Herrington, their drummer Keith Carlock and their horn section are the best you'll see at any rock show.

There is still gas in the car...
Saw the same show last summer and I agree...it was awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #16
TheRoBoat
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, Bear Island
Posts: 24
Thanks: 67
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Thanks FlyingScot

I have wanted to see Steely Dan since the 80s. After reading your post, I checked their website. They have a nine night residency in Las Vegas starting in April.

It's a quick flight for us, so we got tickets. Really looking forward to this one
TheRoBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRoBoat For This Useful Post:
stingray (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #17
Irish mist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 623
Thanks: 78
Thanked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendale Girl View Post
I am sure Mr. Harding is rolling. He never wanted this for Meadowbrook!!
Yup....the old man would have never allowed this.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:37 PM   #18
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 422
Thanks: 195
Thanked 101 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoBoat View Post
I have wanted to see Steely Dan since the 80s. After reading your post, I checked their website. They have a nine night residency in Las Vegas starting in April.

It's a quick flight for us, so we got tickets. Really looking forward to this one
Awesome! I look forward to your review
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #19
Trail Goer
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 45
Thanks: 26
Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Even as a person who is usually happy to drop hundreds to scalpers and shrug off the price as "well, that's just supply and demand...", I agree. It's one thing when great bands command a premium price, but the current lineup is a premium price for mid-tier-at-best.

With all due respect to both the musicians involved and those who enjoy them--Lynyrd Skynyrd? Really? Do people know it's not even the same band? Are there that many of us with nothing to do in the evening?

Nevertheless, keeping my fingers crossed for Steely Dan, Counting Crows, Dylan...
I disagree, they've got a decent line up coming in so far. They are right on par with Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA, and Boston Pavilion (or whatever its call now, I still call it Harbor Lights). The one who's hurting is Hampton Beach Casino, their line up (at least this year) is not that good. Ticket prices are all pretty similar when comparing the venues. (I didn't check Hampton's)
Trail Goer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:52 AM   #20
mcdude
Senior Member
 
mcdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Haven Lake - West Newfield, ME
Posts: 5,074
Thanks: 308
Thanked 717 Times in 345 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
There is still gas in the car...

"....I think the people down the hall know who you are"


__________________

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #21
WakeboardMom
Senior Member
 
WakeboardMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NH X 2
Posts: 497
Thanks: 569
Thanked 112 Times in 91 Posts
Default

If you have a pre-sale code and jump on purchasing as soon as you're allowed, you get okay-to-good seats for face value. The problem seems to be that the "resellers/scalpers" use those codes as well, and it's only minutes until the prices are ridiculous because you're no longer paying face value.

I have Zac Brown tickets and Hootie tickets; both purchased as early as was possible. Looked again ten minutes later after each purchase and the prices were $30 higher per ticket for comparable seats.

It makes me sad. It's been our favorite venue for as long as its been open and now it's a lot trickier to be able to see a show.
__________________
MarieM
WakeboardMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WakeboardMom For This Useful Post:
tcoffey (02-23-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:26 PM   #22
sky's
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 163
Thanks: 34
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default

could not agree more Prices are outrageous. and the Attitudes this is what happens when big business takes over there going to ruin a good thing.
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #23
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,590
Thanks: 385
Thanked 259 Times in 184 Posts
Default

I was planning on going a couple times this season but I won't spend that kind of money. Generally I buy 4 tickets and a parking pass but with the shows I want to go to and to get half way decent seats it's over $1000 just to get through the door. NO THANKS!
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #24
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 463
Thanked 422 Times in 268 Posts
Default Free Concerts

There are free concerts all around the state. Saturday nights in Wolfeboro. The 39th Army Band travels all over NH. Top quality, but I don't think they play any Hootie repertoire.Try www.VisitNH.gov/calendar for all sorts of inexpensive alternatives.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
WinnisquamZ (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #25
kawishiwi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 426
Thanks: 160
Thanked 105 Times in 73 Posts
Default Shhhhh...

I just found a little 'hack' for getting a deal on tix. I went to the site to see tix for my daughter & friend for Zac Brown. Lawn tix were like $122 but when I left the site I got a "flash" sale, 15 minutes @ 30% off, and was able to get 2 tix at $87 each. With all fees it was still over $200 but a lot less than $122x2 plus fees.
There is clearly an aggressive marketing strategy in play to get top dollar for tix but if that keeps sales low they are going to need to discount the egregious prices as tix go unsold. If you're willing to risk it you might be able to score tix at a bargain just days ahead of the show.
Please dont let this out. Lets just keep it between we few?
__________________
"In and around the lake...
Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
One mile over we'll be there and we'll see you
Ten true summers we'll be there and laughing too"
kawishiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kawishiwi For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (02-24-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #26
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 20
Thanked 305 Times in 183 Posts
Default

If you leave items in your cart on some retailer websites and let it fester for a few days you will get a similar emailed discount.

I wish I had tried this before I bought my Heart tx.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
Descant (02-23-2019), tcoffey (02-23-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.16290 seconds