Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
tummyman

Default "New" Laconia Daily Sun Layout??

Not sure if I missed it or not, but could not access the "Sun" today at the usually link (a fabulous resource). Finally went to Google and it appears that they may have a new layout on-line. At first glance, I am not impressed. Too bad that when a business has something really good that works, someone comes along and changes things. Sometimes change isn't always for the better. Will monitor it over the next week, but am I off base? Did others see the same change and experience issues? I cannot even get the paper to expand to a size that is large enough for me to read the print. The old on-line version was far superior, but I'll hold off until things get stabilized. Hope this may be a false alarm. I don't recall reading anything about this.......
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Shedwannabe

The change happened around a month ago.

You have a choice to download the pdf (just like we all used to) or to see it online. I prefer the pdf download, but if you have a large screen on your computer, the online might be easier. There are a variety of navigation tools on the online version, including enlarge, that take a while to get used to.

We all like the old familiar of whatever - newspaper, Coke bottle, etc. better than the new. I do myself. But that's not a good reason to diss something that has really just expanded the capacity to view it (including without having to download it)
Shedwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
tummyman

Default Link maybe was down?

If what you report is accurate, it could be that I found that the usual on-line link as not working for me yesterday and not the change at all. Will wait until Tuesday to see what is up. This is such a great newspaper !!
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Rusty

Here is yesterday's pdf issue of the LDS
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
winniplayhouse

Having been initially critical of the new Sun layout I now think it's the best of both worlds! When I was on vacation and only had a few minutes a day to catch up on the local news I looked through the titles on the web-based version. When I'm home and want to read the full paper I upload the PDF. I like having both options.
BTW, the link did appear to be down yesterday morning but by the evening it was back in business.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Hey, the LaDaSun doesn't come out with a newspaper on Sundays or Mondays......how good is that......one less paper to read! But at least they have some good writers and do some local reporting unlike the Union Leader.

Next to the McD dollar menu, for just two bucks the W S J weekend edition is really worth the two dollars. Reading the W S J taught me that Barre is the capitol of Vermont and the Senator Bernie Saunders is a closet conservative.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
Chickie

Default Back Issues

I tried to get into the 2011 back issues section last week and couldn't do it. Maybe it was the site or just me? I have been able to access back issues in the past with no problem.
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote