Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
cgillispn

Default Sprint Cell Service

Has anyone else been experiencing very bad cell service around the Lake? We are on Paugus bay and have had Sprint for about 10 years and have always had awesome service. Now we barely get any call/text service and typically no 3g service at all. Once we head home, the service gets fine around Winnisquam. Looking at the Sprint website it looks like there is a tower in Laconia center and one in Alton but I dont see any north of that. I'm wondering if they did away with some towers as we used to get great service anywhere on the lake...
cgillispn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

It must be something just with Sprint. I have actually noticed much better speed and service with my Verizon air card on Welch. My AT&T cell phone has always worked well all around the lake except at the very tip of Alton Bay so no issues there either...

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Sprint Cell Service

Sprint service is spotty throughout the state. If you turn roaming on you will be able to get Verizon coverage which is far better. I was told roaming is free so I have not been charged. I would check with Sprint to make sure.

I was told 4G coverage is available as far North as Bow. Someone on the forum mention he/she had coverage up to Loudon.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
mhtranger

I'm in Moultonborough and the Sprint service is terrible up there. We have never gotten service there in 6-8 years.
mhtranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
PDC4LIFE

Talking The world is a safer place when you don't have cell service!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgillispn View Post
Has anyone else been experiencing very bad cell service around the Lake? We are on Paugus bay and have had Sprint for about 10 years and have always had awesome service. Now we barely get any call/text service and typically no 3g service at all. Once we head home, the service gets fine around Winnisquam. Looking at the Sprint website it looks like there is a tower in Laconia center and one in Alton but I dont see any north of that. I'm wondering if they did away with some towers as we used to get great service anywhere on the lake...
The world is a safer place when you don't have cell service!!!
PDC4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links