Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
KatiePurple

Default Renting boat on Waukewan

We own a home on Waukewan and for now we are still renting it out most of the summer. So even though I really want a boat during the weeks we are there, it doesn't make a lot of sense yet to buy one.

The only place I know of up there that will rent on Waukewan is Irwin Marine. Do any of you know of anywhere else that will rent to us? It's quite expensive to rent for two weeks, which is what we'd ideally want. Also, do you know of anyone anywhere between MA (where we live) and the lake that would rent us a boat with a trailer that we could bring and put into the lake ourselves?

Thank you!
Katie
KatiePurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiePurple View Post
We own a home on Waukewan and for now we are still renting it out most of the summer. So even though I really want a boat during the weeks we are there, it doesn't make a lot of sense yet to buy one.

The only place I know of up there that will rent on Waukewan is Irwin Marine. Do any of you know of anywhere else that will rent to us? It's quite expensive to rent for two weeks, which is what we'd ideally want. Also, do you know of anyone anywhere between MA (where we live) and the lake that would rent us a boat with a trailer that we could bring and put into the lake ourselves?

Thank you!
Katie
Try Meredith Marina. Rental boats are left on shore and are put in the water with a fork lift. They aren't far from the Waukewan boat ramp. I don't see why they wouldn't put a rental in there for you.
Seeing how this is your first post you will learn to ignore the poster below who likes to inject his useless dribble, which usually has nothing to do with the original subject, and is almost never helpful.

Last edited by Biggd; 01-08-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
fatlazyless (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Get an old aluminum 12' rowboat with two 6 1/2' wood oars for like $350, clean and paint, and just leave it there for the renters and you to use ...... no motor ..... covered by standard home owners insurance ....if wanted, a separate policy specific to a 12', no motor, oar powered row boat costs maybe $50/yr .....no annual NH registration required.....and just flip it upside down for winter storage. Best $350 you ever spent.

Waukewan is home to the Winnipesaukee Rowers, www.rowwinni.org, mostly woman rowers, so there's lots of early morning rowing happening there.

Rowing does good things for you ...... motor boating will make you fat ..... rowing will make you thin and strong!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-08-2019 at 08:07 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
BoatHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Seeing how this is your first post you will learn to ignore the poster below who likes to inject his useless dribble, which usually has nothing to do with the original subject, and is almost never helpful.
Very Funny!!!
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #5
SummerIslander

Default Try good used boat - cheaper

Welcome to the forums. My family has owned a range of powerboats over the decades, including trailer boats, and having seen the weekly rental prices, the economics of renting for just 2 weeks a year ($3-$5K) are not good.

Consider used instead, so many good boats at good prices if you look around. here's what I would consider a great affordable used boat right there at Irwin. Good deal at only $5300 if mechanically sound, with acceptable trailer no less. https://irwinmarine.com/inventory/us...-175-bowrider/ Add a 4-blade aluminum prop and get plenty of zip. There are several other pretty nice boats listed there in the $10K range also.

After 2 seasons it would be cheaper than renting. If you decide then that you want something different, you can still sell it for 80% of this price if running well, it's already mostly depreciated so best possible value. You can get it prepped and shrink-wrapped for winter and maybe park at your cabin, lowest cost and hassle.

(disclaimer: I have no relationship or interest in Irwin. Our only transaction with Irwin was our first boat 48 years ago, but that adventure was long ago and far away ...)

Hope that helps, good luck and happy boating!
SummerIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SummerIslander For This Useful Post:
ApS (01-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Winnisquam Marine

Before they bought Channel marine, you could rent a pontoon boat from them and they would haul it to Opechee or Winnipesaukee for use. I'm sure if you ask they will add Waukewan.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #7
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Before they bought Channel marine, you could rent a pontoon boat from them and they would haul it to Opechee or Winnipesaukee for use. I'm sure if you ask they will add Waukewan.
I thought the same thing. Of all the places that rent, my first thoughts were Winnisquam as well.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote