Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
camp guy

Default Inn on North Main

Now that the Inn on North Main (formerly Lakeview Inn), Wolfeboro, has opened, I was wondering if anyone had been there and would care to share their impression with the Forum.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
old coot
Deceased Member

If you're planing to try the Inn on Main Street, don't be misled by its name. It's really on NORTH Main Street. (Which Camp Guy charitably referred to it as in his post.) Here's their flawed announcement as it appeared in the Granite State News.
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Thanks Old Coot!

The Inn and banquet facilities have been completely renovated.

Their website seems to be a work in progess:

The Inn on Main
200 North Main Street
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603) 569-1335
Email: info@innnewhampshire.com

I wish them success!

Sorry I missed posting about their grand opening that happened on Friday, November 11th.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
NoBozo

We always stayed there when we would come up in the winter. We would always get a second floor room. There was a big picture window looking out toward the lake..and in winter the leaves on the trees were gone so you could see more. There was also a balcony outside the window where you could sit if you wanted to freeze to death. You couldn't quite see the lake but it was a good view non the less. The prices were always more than reasonable....I'm thinking $57 per night.....during the Derby yet. Never made reservations.

Last year the doors were locked. We had to stay "somewhere else" where we would NOT stay again. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
ghfromaltonbay

Default New prices for offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
The prices were always more than reasonable....I'm thinking $57 per night.....during the Derby yet. Never made reservations.

Last year the doors were locked. We had to stay "somewhere else" where we would NOT stay again. NB
I emailed the new innkeeper to inquire about room rates. The new price for winter is $139 per night. A bit of a difference, but there are a lot of upgrades from the description.

Dare we ask where you stayed last year? Might be good if others avoid it. I had the same type experience with a place in Alton. Got so bad I now stay in Gilford instead. There are few choices for places that stay open all winter if only 1 or 2 are in the party. I've already seen the Gunstock Inn and the Fireside (former B Mae's) are pretty well sold-out for Feb. vacation week.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
secondcurve

Default Back to the original question......

Has anyone tried the restaurant? I am curious, as is Camp Guy. Thanks
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Wink Fireside Inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Fireside (former B Mae's) are pretty well sold-out for Feb. vacation week.
McDude stayed at the Fireside Inn a couple years ago because they allow dogs in a certain area of rooms. He said that one dog bark would set them all to barking!

This hotel does have good reviews overall.

Be sure to visit Lodging in Winnipesaukee.com's Lake Links! You may discover a new place to stay.
If you know of a place that isn't listed, be sure to add it - thanks!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
Barbara

I have reservations for dinner for Friday. I'll report back on this thread afterwards.

I live about a mile from the Inn and pass it regularly on my way to town. They have been working for months late into the night on the renovations. The rooms have been completely gutted and I'm sure bear no resemblance to what was there before.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (11-15-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
Heaven

Be sure to get the salad with the special (warmed?) dressing, it's quite good. The martinis are huge. They use real tablecloths, which I appreciate.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Dare we ask where you stayed last year? Might be good if others avoid it.
I'm having a senior moment..can't remember if it was last winter..I think it was...or the winter before. When we couldn't get a room at the Lakeview, we went to another place. I'm not going to mention the name because there wasn't really anything wrong with it....we were just disappointed because the room was Tiny compared to the Lakeview..No view, and was Not nearly as nice. AAA "might have" rated it a "One Diamond"........maybe.

The Lakeview Inn was AAA Rated "One Diamond" but I would have rated it as a solid 'Two Diamond". In the old days we would stay at a AAA "One Diamond" motel, but in our old age we are more likely to spend a little more.....maybe as much as $75...depending. BTW: We have never spent $136 for a motel room..EVER. NOPE. NB
Old 11-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Be sure to get the salad with the special (warmed?) dressing, it's quite good. The martinis are huge. They use real tablecloths, which I appreciate.

Heave, someone told me that someone told them that the lowest priced entree was $35!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine that could possibly be true. If it were, this place will not succeed in Wolfeboro. What was your experience, price wise?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Heave, someone told me that someone told them that the lowest priced entree was $35!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine that could possibly be true. If it were, this place will not succeed in Wolfeboro. What was your experience, price wise?
I didn't see the menu prices so I can't comment on that. The huge martini was only $9.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Bluebell

I heard the entrees are in the $24 to $35 price range.
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Barbara

I have a copy of the menu. There are six starters, six entrees and three desserts. Entree prices are $22, $22, $24, $29, $31, $34. Desserts are all $6. Though all entrees come with sides, there are additional ala carte sides that are quite pricey at $6.50.

I'm looking forward to trying this restaurant on Friday, but I know it won't replace Mise En Place as my favorite Wolfeboro restaurant. The prices of the two are similar, but Mise En Place has many more amazing choices. Their fall menu is absolutely wonderful.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I think that is going to be a tough sell in Wolfeboro. They will have to be outstanding.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
Jonas Pilot

Well, there's another place we can't afford to go to.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
camp guy

I have not been to the Inn on North Main, but from what I have read it seems they didn't do their homework very well. On this Forum they have been knocked for being a noisy place - hard surface floors, unadorned hard surface walls, and a flat ceiling. Garwoods, the Restaurant and Mis En place each exhibit these same mistakes and have taken hits because of it, so I guess the Inn on North Main Street didn't read that one right.

On this forum they have been knocked for having high prices - and Garwoods, the restaurant, and Mis En Place each exhibit this same mistake, they are priced slightly above what most people feel comfortable paying on a regular basis. So I guess the Inn on North Main Street didn't read that one right.

There was certainly enough time during their renovation period for them to check out the local restaurants and come up with a pricing schedule which would make them extremely competitive. I had actually had hopes that they might have been priced so as to make themselves a regular and frequent stop, but, from what I am seeing and hearing I don't think this will be the case.

I guess I will have to actually go there and see for myself, but, from what I am hearing and reading I'm not in a great big hurry.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
Heaven

Camp Guy, it sounds like maybe Bayside would be a place you would enjoy? Have you tried that? I haven't read anyone in this thread slam the decor at The Inn on Main, did I miss something? And I DID say the martini was a great price, right? I am assuming they will have a bar/pub menu to go with their bar/pub.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
Barbara

I'm also hoping a bar/pub menu is yet to come.

Though Mise En Place is on the pricey side, I think it's in a completely different category than any other restaurant in town. I have had many house guests there who have felt it is of the same caliber as high end restaurants in large cities. I think it's one of Wolfeboro's treasures. Something else to their credit is that through every menu change they have made over the years they have always kept a few entree options under $20. I'm really disappointed that they're no longer open for lunch. That was a huge bargain!!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
Shore Driver

They must be pricing in the President Romney crush.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #21
secondcurve

Quote:
I have a copy of the menu. There are six starters, six entrees and three desserts. Entree prices are $22, $22, $24, $29, $31, $34. Desserts are all $6. Though all entrees come with sides, there are additional ala carte sides that are quite pricey at $6.50.

I'm looking forward to trying this restaurant on Friday, but I know it won't replace Mise En Place as my favorite Wolfeboro restaurant. The prices of the two are similar, but Mise En Place has many more amazing choices. Their fall menu is absolutely wonderful.
How was your dinner Barbara?
Old 11-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #22
Barbara

Dinner was delicious!!!! We were a group of six who were going to the HS play following dinner, so we were there early, 5 PM. We were the first there in the dining room, but by the time we left at 6:30, the restaurant was three quarters full and the bar was crowded with a festive group.

The physical space is very nice, hard to believe it was the Lakeview Inn, which we used to go to frequently seven or eight years ago. Service was very good. However, the ambience is upscale, but the appearance of the servers is not.

We learned that the soup and seafood entrees will change daily. As I said in a previous post, the choices are limited, six starters and six entrees. A salad is included with your entree, no bread is served to th e table, there is an accompaniment for each entree and a choice of five additional ala carte sides at $6.50 each. Of the starters, or group had potato leek soup -$6.50, black mussels and escargot, both $10. All were rated as very good. Four of us had a salmon entree with tomato risotto, $22, all thought it was excellent. Two others had a half herb roasted chicken, $24, served with asparagus and polenta cake. Those who had it said it was very good. We did not have time for dessert and coffee. Desserts are $6 and there are three choices; creme brûlée, white chocolate cake and flour less chocolate cake.

We enjoyed our evening and would go again. However, as I said in a previous thread, the prices are similar to Mise En Place and their menu has so many more wonderful, creative and delicious choices that I prefer it to the Inn if I'm going to be going for a pricey evening out.

We
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #23
secondcurve

Quote:
Dinner was delicious!!!! We were a group of six who were going to the HS play following dinner, so we were there early, 5 PM. We were the first there in the dining room, but by the time we left at 6:30, the restaurant was three quarters full and the bar was crowded with a festive group.

The physical space is very nice, hard to believe it was the Lakeview Inn, which we used to go to frequently seven or eight years ago. Service was very good. However, the ambience is upscale, but the appearance of the servers is not.

We learned that the soup and seafood entrees will change daily. As I said in a previous post, the choices are limited, six starters and six entrees. A salad is included with your entree, no bread is served to th e table, there is an accompaniment for each entree and a choice of five additional ala carte sides at $6.50 each. Of the starters, or group had potato leek soup -$6.50, black mussels and escargot, both $10. All were rated as very good. Four of us had a salmon entree with tomato risotto, $22, all thought it was excellent. Two others had a half herb roasted chicken, $24, served with asparagus and polenta cake. Those who had it said it was very good. We did not have time for dessert and coffee. Desserts are $6 and there are three choices; creme brûlée, white chocolate cake and flour less chocolate cake.

We enjoyed our evening and would go again. However, as I said in a previous thread, the prices are similar to Mise En Place and their menu has so many more wonderful, creative and delicious choices that I prefer it to the Inn if I'm going to be going for a pricey evening out.

We
Barbara:

Thanks for your insightful post. I plan to try the Inn out soon.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #24
Barbara

In my previous post, I made some comparisons of the Inn on Main to Mise En Place. We had dinner at Mise En Place last night, so I took special note of the menu to further that comparison.

On the Mise En Place menu are eight appetizers, six salads and thirteen entrees. I don't know how Terry can offer so many choices. Two entrees are under $20, one at just $16. The most expensive entree is $28 and there are a few at that price. Most seem to be at $24.

Our dinner was five star, every bit of it, including the warm rolls that were served. Michele, the server, is just as five star as the food!! Thank you, Terry for making our Anniversary dinner so amazing.

We are so fortunate to have both of these great restaurants in our little town. I hope both area residents and tourists support them as much as possible, because I would hate to lose either one of them. For anyone living in the lakes region, both of these restaurants are worth a trip to get to.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #25
dpg

Two others had a half herb roasted chicken, $24,

Wow...Guess I'll stick with my WHOLE Perdue Roasters all cooked from BJ's for 5.99 and their AWESOME.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #26
camp guy

My wife and I had lunch at the Inn on Main today and we enjoyed it. She had the Inn Burger and skinny French Fries and said these two items were delicious, I had the French Onion Soup which was very good, and the Chicken Fingers (or tenders) which weren't so good.

The gentleman serving us was very pleasant, inquired carefully as to how we enjoyed our food, and accepted my negative comments about the Chicken ? and said he had heard these comments before and would continue to pass them along to the Chef.

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that it may take a little while for the Chef to see what works and what doesn't work. I am more than willing to give him that chance.

I stand by my earlier comments that it is a little noisey, and a little pricey.

I wish them good luck.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #27
gokart-mozart

Default Review of Inn on North Main

My wife and I went there last Friday night, motivated in part by some of the good reviews here and wanting to diversify our eating out habits in Food-boro.

First, the good news: The food was terrific, every bit as good as everyone says. I had onion soup, which was very flavorful, not the usual melted cheese and bread with a little broth. My dinner was the gnocchi, perfectly prepared. My wife had the filet, also perfect.

Now, the bad news: We didn't like the room. It seemed kind of antiseptic - almost cafeteria-like, with the linoleum-type floor and modern furnishings. The floor, plus the simple window treatments, amplified the music to the point that it was intrusively loud. I'm not a fan of background music in a restaurant AT ALL, but if it has to be there, it should not be front and center like it was Friday night.

When we went in at 7:30, there were two other couples there, but they left by 8 and we were alone, on a Friday night, in this big, noisy, kind of cold decor room. Not the best environment to enjoy this great food.

The service - reception and table - was great. Warm, welcoming, looking after us well without bugging us.

Overall, my choices in town are 1) Mis en Place, 2) The Restaurant, and 3a) Garwoods 3b) Bayside (different #3s for different purposes/occasions). We loved the food but didn't really care for the venue, but we'll definitely be back.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #28
Barbara

My top three choices are the same as yours, except Bayside is my #3 and Garwoods #4. I agree about the sterile atmosphere of Inn on Main. Many people have been disturbed by how noisy it is.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
GrewUpHere

Default I just ate lunch at the Inn on North Main..comments

Hi--

My mom and I had lunch the other day at the Inn on North Main. While I like the new decor, I have some comments on the food.

We both had the Guinness Shepard's Pie, which was absolutely delicious. That being said, a small side salad would have been a welcome addition. The shephard's pie entree was $9. That was it: no salad, no bread, no water, not even salt and pepper on the table.

I went up to the bar to ask for salt and pepper; the bartender looked surprised, but handed over the shakers. Mom and I split a salad, which the waiter kindly brought us on two plates. We both asked him to pass on our side salad suggestion, but I doubt he did.

I grew up in Wolfeboro, and come back often. The prices at the Inn on North Main are on the steep side--did they not conduct any sort of market research of the town and the area? (And would it kill them to add a complimentary side salad and/or bread to the entrees?)

Let's just talk food here. If you order a steak at a restaurant, you pretty much expect you'll get a veg and potato/rice side (or at least one or the other) to go along with it. Otherwise you'd just be chewing on that steak with nothing else to enhance it. No matter how good the steak is, wouldn't you get a little bored with just a steak?

Sometimes a business gets more business by operating on the principles of lagniappe, which means "something given as a bonus or gift."
GrewUpHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
Jonas Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrewUpHere View Post
Hi--

My mom and I had lunch the other day at the Inn on North Main. While I like the new decor, I have some comments on the food.

We both had the Guinness Shepard's Pie, which was absolutely delicious. That being said, a small side salad would have been a welcome addition. The shephard's pie entree was $9. That was it: no salad, no bread, no water, not even salt and pepper on the table.

I went up to the bar to ask for salt and pepper; the bartender looked surprised, but handed over the shakers. Mom and I split a salad, which the waiter kindly brought us on two plates. We both asked him to pass on our side salad suggestion, but I doubt he did.

I grew up in Wolfeboro, and come back often. The prices at the Inn on North Main are on the steep side--did they not conduct any sort of market research of the town and the area? (And would it kill them to add a complimentary side salad and/or bread to the entrees?)

Let's just talk food here. If you order a steak at a restaurant, you pretty much expect you'll get a veg and potato/rice side (or at least one or the other) to go along with it. Otherwise you'd just be chewing on that steak with nothing else to enhance it. No matter how good the steak is, wouldn't you get a little bored with just a steak?

Sometimes a business gets more business by operating on the principles of lagniappe, which means "something given as a bonus or gift."
What was in the Guinness Shepard's Pie? That sounds good.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #31
GrewUpHere

Default About that shepard's pie...

Hi Jonas Pilot--

I'm guessing the ground beef was generously mixed with Guinness as it was very tasty (plus I'm a Guinness fan). The beef was combined with carrots and onions, and topped with a cheddar whipped potato topping. Really, to die for.

See what you think and let me know. And ask if they'll consider adding a side salad with that.
GrewUpHere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrewUpHere For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (03-09-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #32
Barbara

Has anyone gone here for dinner recently. I pass it on my way to town and when I pass through the dinner period, there are very few cars in the parking lot. We had dinner at The Restaurant on Friday on the early side. When we left at 6:30 The Restaurant was packed and there were only five cars in the lot at The Inn on Main. What's happening?

I've been there three times, once for dinner, once for lunch and once for drinks. We were a group of six for dinner. Everyone's entree was excellent. The limited number of choices combined with the high prices are the reason we haven't yet returned. We enjoyed our stop in for drinks, and I must say their creamsicle martini is wonderful!!!

I wish they would make some changes to the menu, some more choices and lower prices could really make this place a gem!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #33
NoBozo

Default Salt and Pepper

I think there are some Chefs that are so confident in their culinary presentations, that they feel there is NO Need for Salt or Pepper... hence they don't provide it on the table.

Remember George and the Soup Nazi..? NB

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #34
Jonas Pilot

Only the Chef knows how he or she wants the meal to taste. I'm not a pro chef but I'm offended when a guest immediately reaches for the salt and pepper without even tasting what I prepared.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
Only the Chef knows how he or she wants the meal to taste. I'm not a pro chef but I'm offended when a guest immediately reaches for the salt and pepper without even tasting what I prepared.
My sister feels the same way. Whenever we go to her house for dinner, I take my own salt and pepper just to aggravate her. NB
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Has anyone gone here for dinner recently. I pass it on my way to town and when I pass through the dinner period, there are very few cars in the parking lot. We had dinner at The Restaurant on Friday on the early side. When we left at 6:30 The Restaurant was packed and there were only five cars in the lot at The Inn on Main. What's happening?

I've been there three times, once for dinner, once for lunch and once for drinks. We were a group of six for dinner. Everyone's entree was excellent. The limited number of choices combined with the high prices are the reason we haven't yet returned. We enjoyed our stop in for drinks, and I must say their creamsicle martini is wonderful!!!

I wish they would make some changes to the menu, some more choices and lower prices could really make this place a gem!!!
I understand both of the Chefs quit a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they haven't been able to replace them???

Uh, oh, Jonas, don't ever invite me to your house! I would offend you! I am a saltaholic and always want more salt and pepper than the "cook" puts on the food.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #37
winnitru

We were there the first week in March. It was beyond fabulous. Our waitress, who was also the bartender [yes, it was that slow on a Saturday night ] made me a cocktail just from my description that was a marvel! All 4 of us had a different entree, but we all had tastes of each others and everything was superior. Preparation and presentation were stellar.Best food I've had in New Hampshire. There were many moderately priced entrees, which our dining partners told us were new additions to the menu. The decor left me a little cold, but I cannot wait to get back to NH to return. Our bill was on the higher end for dining out in NH, but certainly in line with what we had. I think they will do quite well in the summer, I hope they make it that long!
Having said that... the Restaurant will always be my favorite. It is a great place to see people you don't run into every day and especially on a weekend it is nice to walk around after dinner and be part of the downtown vibe.
winnitru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
Barbara

Do you remember how many entrees were on the menu? There were only six choices when I was there ranging in price from $22 for gnocchi to $34 for filet. The food was delicious, I agree. I hope the menu has been expanded. My favorite place in all the NH restaurants I've visited is still Mise En palace, right here in good old Wolfeboro. So many choices and actually more reasonably priced tha Inn on Main.

I'm still hoping for the success of this place. it's three minutes from my house, so great for a spur of the moment night out.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #39
NoBozo

Default Here It Is

It's NOT The Inn On North Main..It's "The Inn On Main"...

http://www.innnewhampshire.com/
Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #40
winnitru

I beg your pardon, I stand corrected.
winnitru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
Jonas Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
It's NOT The Inn On North Main..It's "The Inn On Main"...

http://www.innnewhampshire.com/
Shouldn't it be called "The Third Inn on Main"?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonas Pilot For This Useful Post:
CateP (05-03-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #42
camp guy

Default Inn on Main

Today, my wife (a mother), my daughter (a mother), my son-in-law, granddaughter, and I went to the Inn on Main for their Mother's Day Brunch Buffet. My wife and I last went to the Inn a week before Christmas and had a marginal dining experience, and, sadly, today's experience wasn't much better. First, let me say we had a wonderful waitress who paid attention to our needs throughout the meal. However, the buffet offering was unoriginal to say the most.

The egg offering, eggs Benedict, was bland, cool, and dry; however, there was an abundance of bacon and sausage links. There was a fruit platter, a sweet rolls platter and an omelet station, and a prime rib carving station.

The prime rib was very tasty, but you had to be a second year surgical resident to cut away the non-edible parts so you could enjoy the meat. The salad platter looked tired. The vegetables were okay, cool, and the fish offering was quite good.

The single dessert offering of make-it-yourself vanilla sundaes was good.

Over all, I was looking forward to something a little more festive for this Mother's Day buffet - like maybe a waitress to work with the mothers present as they went through the serving line.

A very nice touch at the end of the meal was when the waitress presented each mother at the table with a very full-bloom rose.

All in all, I think I will wait until I start seeing some more and stronger reviews before I venture a return trip.

Oh, it was a fixed-price meal, but 4 adults and a 12 year old paid north of $125.00 without the tip (I was good to the waitress).
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
RailroadJoe

The waitress may have deserved it but I'm hesitant about the establishment.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #44
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Inn on Main Street, Wolfeboro

We had a wonderful meal there tonight.....comfort food....Shepherd's Pie. We both enjoyed the quiet atmosphere, LINEN tablecloths and napkins.
Everything was pleasant, service very good, prices very modest....we hope that they can make a go of this place, after the "on again, off again" management at the Lakeview Inn. We are looking forward to going there again.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote