Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
Alton Bay Bob

Default Most Romanttic Restaurant?

My parents are celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary next weekend. As we were enjoying the no wake zone boating in Alton Bay they asked me where they should go for their anniversary. i told them I wasn't sure but would ask "my friends" Any suggestions????? Please help!
Alton Bay Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Not exactly in the lake region but

Well it is not exactly in the lakes Region, and I am not entirely sure you can eat there with out staying in the inn(but I think you can) The Wayside in in Bethlehem NH is excellent. My Brother used to tend bar there, so I would stop in too see him and everything I ever had there was excellent. I often thought it would be a great place to have a special dinner....

Being a bit more realistic and staying around the lake Canoe in Center Harbor was good last year (not really my kind of place, but the food was good). And my other vote would be the Woodshed in Moultonborough if it is still open (haven't been in a couple of years).....

By the way congradulations to your Parents for 55 years of marriage
Old 06-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Phantom

I'm not too sure about Canoe -- don't get me wrong, we love the place & the food. I just don't know if the atmosphere befits the occassion. Woodshed is open (at least last Fall). Another would be 51 Mill Street in Wolfboro -- I would specificly let them know of the occasion in advance to provide premium seating !!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:44 AM   #4
Gatto Nero

Default The Manor on Golden Pond

It's kind of a drive from Alton Bay but The Manor on Golden Pond in Holderness is perfect for a special occasion. Other than the regular menu they have a great 8 or 10 course meal for two that is literally soup to nuts. If you warn them in advance, and they usually ask when you make the reservations, let them know it's an anniversary and they will make up special menus with the couples name and date on it. They make every effort to make it as fine a dining experience as you will find in the lakes region. I wouldn't go there every day but it is a really cool place for a special dinner.

http://www.manorongoldenpond.com/pages/fineDining.html