Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Lost & Found
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2022, 10:52 AM   #1
DickR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 690
Thanks: 4
Thanked 233 Times in 149 Posts
Default Watercraft found adrift

A small watercraft was found adrift in close to shore on Long Island. Provide a complete description to claim it. Marine Patrol will be notified also.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:04 PM   #2
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 5,473
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 2,263
Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,038 Posts
Default So it begins

And so it begins

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
Hbmd123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickR View Post
A small watercraft was found adrift in close to shore on Long Island. Provide a complete description to claim it. Marine Patrol will be notified also.
We lost a blue&white stand up paddle board - we live on Long Island near the bridge


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hbmd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:38 PM   #4
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 3,475
Thanks: 1,011
Thanked 1,313 Times in 843 Posts
Default

I hate to say, "There oughta be a law", but labeling kayaks, SUP, etc. with an emergency (third party) phone number would help determine if it blew off the dock, was stolen, or worst case, somebody fell off and is drifting around the lake, unable to get to shore.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:16 PM   #5
Hbmd123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I hate to say, "There oughta be a law", but labeling kayaks, SUP, etc. with an emergency (third party) phone number would help determine if it blew off the dock, was stolen, or worst case, somebody fell off and is drifting around the lake, unable to get to shore.
Thank you for your comment I responded to the gentleman directly thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hbmd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #6
DickR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 690
Thanks: 4
Thanked 233 Times in 149 Posts
Default

The item has been returned to its owner (yay, Forum!). The Marine Patrol also was notified.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DickR For This Useful Post:
Hbmd123 (05-31-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #7
bdavies333
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lost Paddlboat

Hi, my blue & white paddleboat drifted off my mooring near Ambrose Cove Marina in Moultonboro Bay. Wondering if this is it. Thanks in advance, Bill D
bdavies333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:49 AM   #8
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,349
Thanks: 1,115
Thanked 1,734 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies333 View Post
Hi, my blue & white paddleboat drifted off my mooring near Ambrose Cove Marina in Moultonboro Bay. Wondering if this is it. Thanks in advance, Bill D
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. The post right above yours says it has been returned to the owner.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:57 PM   #9
gillygirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 706
Thanks: 724
Thanked 292 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies333 View Post
Hi, my blue & white paddleboat drifted off my mooring near Ambrose Cove Marina in Moultonboro Bay. Wondering if this is it. Thanks in advance, Bill D
Check the I Boat on Lake Winnipesaukee Facebook page. Someone on the NW side of Mark Island found a blue and white paddle boat. They also reported it to Marine Patrol.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
__________________
GG
gillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gillygirl For This Useful Post:
bdavies333 (06-06-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 12:00 PM   #10
DickR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 690
Thanks: 4
Thanked 233 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
... Someone on the NW side of Mark Island found a blue and white paddle boat...
From Ambrose Cove to NW Mark Isl? That's quite a distance and tortuous path for anything to "drift." I suppose Mark isn't necessarily where the craft was encountered adrift. For anyone wondering, the watercraft I found/returned to owner was a different type.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:24 PM   #11
gillygirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 706
Thanks: 724
Thanked 292 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickR View Post
From Ambrose Cove to NW Mark Isl? That's quite a distance and tortuous path for anything to "drift." I suppose Mark isn't necessarily where the craft was encountered adrift. For anyone wondering, the watercraft I found/returned to owner was a different type.


Yeah, I didnít think it would be the right boat, but just in case.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
__________________
GG
gillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.58319 seconds