Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
wingman

Default A couple questions

Hello fellow fanatics. I will venturing out Friday to Alton bay to troll for some Salmon and trout. Although I have the typicall cold water early spring gear, can I get some advise on the "hot lures" of the lake. I will be trolling mono line without down rigging. It will be my first Winni early spring trip and any tips would be greatly appreciated. How's the fishing been and am I too late to troll the shallows? I will be entering the area from the bottom by Rt 11. Does anyone know the best launch public or private to put in amd park truck and trailer for the day. Also is there a tackle shop close by which will be open early?
Any and all info would be treasured. Good luck and see ya on the water!! Finally!!
wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
Airwaves

The one time (unfortunately) I was able to get up this early to do some salmon trolling I used grey ghost, or meredith something, (it was a while ago)attached to about 10 or 15 feet of a leader line that virtually disappeared in the water (I think I still have some at home, I'll look tomorrow).

That leader was attached to several feet of lead line (to keep the flies 3 or 4 feet underwater), then tied off to whatever mono you are using.

One of the guys at the dock even had a boat rod holder hooked up to a motorized jigger, using the same set up he did very well. I expect the fishing will be very good this spring since the ice wasn't very good this winter.

good luck
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
Grant

The perennial hot lures are Top Guns and DB Smelt. Another commonly used lure for salmon and lakers is the Mooselook Wobbler. If you want some tips and hear what the locals are using, check out the message board on fishlakewinni.com. You can find all of these lures in abundance at AJ's in Meredith.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
RamJet

Default separate Salmon fishing license

Is there a separate Salmon fishing license that is needed or is a NH fishing license all that is needed?
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
jrc

You only need the normal NH fishing license. The only exception is for brood stock fishing on the Merrimack and Pemigewasset rivers. That requires an additional permit.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Lice...quirements.htm
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links