Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
pmj

Thumbs up Restaurante La Contadina

We just came home from visiting this restaurant in Farmington,for the first time and it definately will not be the last time.
Although the salad was small, the entrees were huge, and very delicious..the home made italian bread with a dip of olive oil,garlic,balsamic vinegar and spices was excellent.
Very nice atmosphere, and the wait staff was very friendly.

Kudos!

pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Megawatt

I've been wanting to try that place. Do you think a well behaved 3 year old would be welcome there?
Megawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Carbonarra at Ristorante La Contadina

I've mentioned this place on two other threads so I hope I am not getting repetitious. If you are at the southern end of the lake this place is only a ten or fifteen minute ride. We have enjoyed this place several times on special occasions, although they get a mixed review from the Union Leader.
Union Leader Review
I've had their Carbonarra twice and it is to die for. I have since ordered it at two Boston area restaurants who apparently had no clue how to prepare this meal. (It was watery and tasteless almost like a soup) At Ristorante La Contadina it was thick and creamy! YUM! The waitresses tend to be young, needed to ask our questions of the cook staff, but it is owned by a family that also owns a restaurant in the north end of Boston.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
pmj

Default well, it depends

There were no children when we were there..that doesn't meant they are not welcome but the lights are low, tea candles on the table...sort of a darkish quiet atmosphere.. I guess it is more geared to adults, at least that was the impression I had.

Our wait staff were more mature adults..perhaps the summertime has more of the younger crowd?

pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote