Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Small 1-seat hovercraft

The Hovery Bimo, is a small, sit-down, personal hovercraft, from Brazil, powered by twin gasoline engines with fans for propelling it forward.

Maybe good for Lake Winnipesaukee conditions ..... open water, thick ice, thin ice, slush, flat land ...... whatever conditions the winter lake throws at you ..... is interesting to consider?

I am unsure on the safety for these mini-hovers except they are interesting to watch. If you manage to flip it over while going from water to ice or something, at least it will float and is hard to say if a single person can return it to a usable position while out on the ice? Seems like it could be good for getting out to an island, and cruis'n the winter lake season, plus it fits un-inflated, in the back of many cars.

For use in isolated winter lake conditions, all alone, is probably best to proceed slowly and with caution ..... I would think. It's a big lake and usually very alone in the winter.

From Lake Forsyth, New Zealand, it's Natalia's Hovery Hovercraft ... the Hovery QT Speeder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=766aJeroMS0 .... 8:42-minutes, Feb 4, 2012 ..... deflates, folds up and fits in the back of a beach wagon.

www.hovery.com ..... from Brazil, 2019 .... includes a model with a longer motorcycle type seat with room for two ..... also, it shows a German modified Hovery Bimo with twin electric motors, electric motor drive, as opposed to standard twin gasoline engines. Do you simply plug the electric Bimo into a 110v-15a outlet to recharge it like a cordless drill ..... and what's the price for these gasoline and electric Bimo?

For steering, there's no handle bars, no steering wheel, no tiller handle, and no rudder ..... you steer it by leaning to the right or left, shifting your weight, and applying right or left LEG and FOOT pressure toward that direction ...... or go straight ahead with no directional pressure applied ...... maybe becoming one with the small, flying hovercraft! Looking at the videos, it seems there is only one control, a hand held stick for controlling the twin engine power to control the forward speed. For the right hand, there's a speed control handle, and for the left, a small grab handle and you lean your upper body and apply leg pressure downward in desired direction, right or left. How about that!

Hovery Bimo on land and water.... factory video probably from Brazil, 3-minutes, Jan 11, 2015 ....https://youtube.com/watch?v=CaVXCxDrHHc

Believe that "Bimo" in Portuguese translates to two, or to twin, a reference to the two engines.

Beep, beep, beep ...... think will go hit that fancy town of Wolfeboro for lunch somewhere .... just 15 fast miles across the ice, slush and open water on the winter Lake Winnipesaukee ...... what's that like? ..... on the Bimo ..... beep, beep!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-18-2019 at 11:11 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
fatlazyless

Exclamation ..... oopsie doopsie!

.... oopsie doopsie ...... mamma mia ...... and holy moly ..... my bad ...... I do believe I am all wet with my above description as to how the Bimo gets steered.

Someone correct me if this is incorrect ..... how it gets steered is with the stick switch control and the two engine fans ..... move stick left sends power to left fan .... move stick right sends power to right fan .... move stick forward or backward increases or decreases power ..... is all about the stick control, you see!

Yes, this seems so much more logical than all that phony baloney about legs and feet. How do I know this? I have a vision about it, in the middle of the night, so it must be true!

And, the leg and foot pressure mentioned above is just the operator bracing themselves against the force ...... because this force is with them.

Maybe Hovery Bimo, in Brazil, would increase sales in the U.S. if they promoted it like this: 'Hovery Bimo: ride the force!' along side an action photo of the Bimo and a rider.

So, what's the price?
Old 02-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
Cal Coon

Looks like the same blue tarp (Natalia's Hovercraft) I used to rake leaves and yard debris into before I bought a ("mini hurricane") back pack heavy duty industrial leaf blower... Haven't touched a rake since!! I remember sticks poking through the tarp pretty easy. Don't see this thing standing up to any "sharp" objects on the ground very well, and are those the highest quality motor's they have over there?? Maybe this is just the "Wright brothers" version, but, IMHO, I see plenty of room for improvement on this thing...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote