Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-21-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
HAHLY

Question Water Trampoline

I am thinking of buying a water trampoline and I was wondering what other folks experiences have been before I make the plunge. I tried one down in Jamaica a few years back and it didn't have much bounce to it. Is that typical or did I just get one that had been bounced out? Do they last or are they like every other inflatable I have ever owned and find a leak within a month or so? Who makes a good one and whose don't last? I saw one at BJ's last night for $200 but I have my doubts. advice appreciated
HAHLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
Porch Potato

For your consideration, I don't know if you have young kids or not, but I would like to relay the following:
One of our relatives was watching her child and another (about 10yrs old) when the kids decided to hide under the trampoline. They did not do this to purposely scare the mom, but rather they were just being kids having a "secret hiding place". Suffice it to say, there was one very traumatized mom and 2 kids in a lot of trouble once they came out to see what the commotion was about.
Other than that, the kids love the trampoline.
Porch Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:43 PM   #3
Island Girl

Default Ugly but fun

I hate how they look out there, but alas, Island Sib bought the BJs one this summer. We only had it out twice because I did not have a proper anchor. We think we should have put a lot more air into is as it was difficult to stand and jump, but then we are a bit older than 15.

the BJs one has a raft to use to climb up onto the trampoline. The newer ones at 2-3 times the price have a ladder. I think we will have to buy a ladder next year.

It was worth the price. I am sure the Rave ones have more bounce, but cost 1-2 K.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
robjnh

Default cant beat the price

We bought one this summer and love it. The BJ's one has no space under it so you don't have to worry about hiding. We used cement blocks for anchors and had no trouble.

I would get one now if you are Going to. They have sold soo well I would guess the price will go up. We bought ours for $179 on 4th of July weekend.
robjnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:48 PM   #5
HAHLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjnh
We bought one this summer and love it. The BJ's one has no space under it so you don't have to worry about hiding. We used cement blocks for anchors and had no trouble.
robjnh, I never actually saw one of the BJ's tramps up close. Judging from your experience, do you think it will last?
HAHLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2004, 03:09 PM   #6
robjnh

Default It should Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHLY
robjnh, I never actually saw one of the BJ's tramps up close. Judging from your experience, do you think it will last?
FWIW I think its made nearly as well as the Raves. We used it all year and when I put it away a few weekends ago it looked like new. I can see easily getting 4 or 5 seasons out of it.

The nice thing about BJ's is you can always return it after you look it over.

Rob
robjnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:33 AM   #7
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Water Trampolines & Insurance coverage

When I applied for home owners insurance the agent spicifically asked if we had a trampoline. At the time we did not. Now we have one and its out on the lake. I never allow the kids to use it on land as my thoughts are that if it's out on the lake it's not on my property. Is having the trampoline out on the lake a loop hole to the law or am I simply just wishfull thinking??
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:48 AM   #8
camp guy

Default Water trampoline

I am NOT a lawyer, but, my guess is that as long as you own the trampoline and have control over it you may be in some sort of liability situation. Naturally, if you have the trampoline anchored off shore (your shore), and a total stranger boats by, stops, uses the trampoline without permission (explicit or implied), gets hurt, and tries to sue you, you may have some leg to stand on based on the situation. My gut feeling is that anything you have places some element of risk into your life, that's why you have homeowner's insurance and personal umbrella insurance. Ask you insurance agent for a more accurate answer (or your lawyer).
camp guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #9
Island-Ho

Default No Bounce

There are some that just don't bounce! I would guess that they are just another type of raft or float. If you want bounce make sure you buy one designed for bounce!
Island-Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
Senter Cove Guy

Default Trampolines and Seagulls

My brother-in-law just bought a trampoline. The seagulls love it as much as his kids. What are the best ways to keep the seagulls away? They are making a mess on the top of the trampoline?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
When I applied for home owners insurance the agent spicifically asked if we had a trampoline. At the time we did not. Now we have one and its out on the lake. I never allow the kids to use it on land as my thoughts are that if it's out on the lake it's not on my property. Is having the trampoline out on the lake a loop hole to the law or am I simply just wishfull thinking??
I do believe you are wishful thinking on this one.....

As I believe it is required, you must have your contact information on the float... which provides contact information and proves ownership.... therefore establishes that it is indeed your property, and you are indeed liable.....

Now having said that let me include this disclaimer, I am not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.... so you may want to verify what I am saying.... but I believe that I am pretty close to the mark....
Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #12
ApS

Default Plastic, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senter Cove Guy View Post
"...What are the best ways to keep the seagulls away...?"
Though this critter doesn't move around, there is "clean" evidence that it appears to be working. About $15 will buy you one of these in a rubbery plastic:
Attached Images