Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ....Mexican Food Truckster!

Ok, so talking about restaurants and food around the lakes region is probably the most serious topic category in this forum, so here is my serious mexican food recommendation!

What is a mexican food truckster that serves up a variety of different, large, fresh tortillas and other mexi-food items that is operating at the Etcetera Shoppe parking lot in Meredith, right now, on Fridays? Anyone have a clue?

On Thursday's; it's at Plymouth NH's Main St, in the single vender space just outside the Plymouth Town Hall where the kayak rental trailer is parked in the summer, and the other location-days are listed in the website: Sandwich, Tamworth, Ossipee ...etc....five days/week....Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun....and Friday is Etcetera -Meredith day!

So what comes in a big, purple Mercedes Benz food van, www.mbsprinterusa.com, and goes by the name: "Big Love".....on the NH vanity license plates?

If you are hungry for a good, healthy, large tortilla....and I mean large....for five dollars....then give it a try!

www.biglovemobile.com

Sandwich, NH is the home town for the husband-wife operating team at the Big Love, purple, MEXI-FOOD for 5-dollars, tax-included, Mercedes, which seems appropriate for a mexican food truckster......get it....that's a little joke....Sandwich, NH....and mexican food.....Sandwich and mexican just goes together like a whole wheat burritto bun with mexican sour cream, plus all the other good stuff....dontcha know...or something....what am I talking about?!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
BigLoveMexicanDiner (09-23-2011), Boston Fireguy (09-14-2011), MarkinNH (09-09-2011), NHBUOY (09-12-2011), VitaBene (09-09-2011), Whimsey (09-10-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
BigLoveMexicanDiner

Default eat mexican. love big.

Thanks so much to "fatlazyless" for this review! A customer just came by today and said he learned about our truck from your post!

Glad our burritos were BIG enough for you... we weighed them on a friend's scale at the Tamworth Farmer's Market last week and they came out 1.4 lbs! That's a hunk of delicious love.

Hope others on the forum come out to give Big Love Mexican Diner a try.

Transparency: $5 is base price for burrito with rice, beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream or chipotle-lime mayo. We do charge $2 for meat fillings (e.g. pork carnitas, pork chorizo, chile beef, chicken pepian) and $1 for veggie fillings (e.g. sweet potato amor, squash garlic scape pesto, maple-adobo tempeh, mexican slaw, tofu rojo). Quesadillas are $3 with same cost for fillings. Tacos(2) for $4 with any filling at no charge.

Local meats, local veggies, and local cheese (Mexican "queso blanco" made custom by the Sandwich Creamery). Burritos, tacos, quesadillas made to order. White, wheat, gluten-free, meat-lovers, vegetarian, vegan.

Current schedule:
WED 4:30-6:00pm Sandwich - Tennis Courts
THU Coming soon - Plymouth
FRI 11:30-6:30pm Meredith - Etc. Shoppe
SAT 9:00am-12:00pm Tamworth - Farmer's Market

Menus, updates, and special deals:
www.facebook.com/biglovemexicandiner

Thanks again, fatlazyless. We really appreciate your support.
Rachel & Dan
Big Love Mexican Diner
832-3422
BigLoveMexicanDiner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigLoveMexicanDiner For This Useful Post:
bushwack1 (01-13-2012), jkjoshuatree (09-24-2011), Mboro_Bill (12-28-2011), riverat (09-24-2011)
Old 09-24-2011, 05:48 AM   #3
pops

My quesadilla with pork carnita was awsome. My wifes tacos were awsome also. Very impressed with the local products you use.

Pop's
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
jkjoshuatree

Default Where's The Etc. Shoppe?

Never heard of it.

Thanks!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
fatlazyless

"WED 4:30-6:00pm Sandwich - Tennis Courts" quote

Sandwich has tennis courts......did not know about that!.....being a totally umemployed, local loser, and bored out of my mind w/ no one to play tennis....think I will go head up there to practice my 85-mph tennis serves, alone, or something, and eat one of those large BURRITTOS for just five bucks, tax included! Hey, some folks get to have all the fun....

The Etcetera Shoppe-Meredith, is located in a large brown, non-descript two-story building, with a dirt parking lot, directly next to Meredith Dunkin' Donuts, and is open 7 days/weeks, since about 1973. What a store!
jkjoshuatree (09-24-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Bear Island South

We saw the truck there yesterday and were reluctant to stop and try, I said lets get quesadillas from the butcher instead...the butcher didn't have any and by the time we came back the truck was gone
We will be sure to stop next week, nothing like a fresh burrito and a margarita on the dock after a two hour car ride
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #7
Meredith lady

Default burritos

Two of my friends stopped by and said they had an awesome lunch and that is was delicious. Might have to give it a try myself!
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Jonas Pilot

Default Tonight at 7:00 ...

... on WMUR's NH Chronicle will be a segment on the Big Love Mexican Diner.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonas Pilot For This Useful Post:
Nagigator (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
MarkinNH

I tuned into it a few minutes late but was able to see most of the Chronical interview. I also just checked out their Facebook page and looked over the menu and this weeks schedule.
I feel very safe in saying I know where my Friday dinner is coming from. My mouth is already watering for a Burrito or maybe a Quesadillas or better yet, one of each.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
Jonas Pilot

I enjoyed the interview. It seems like they have a good plan. I liked when they said, "We know there is probably not a lot of Sandwich residents that want to have "Mexican" every week, but they all want to have a good meal".
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
fpartri497

I also watched Chronical last night and thought there Big love truck was unique and I bet they have a very successful business going

Old 12-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #12
secondcurve

Default Fatlazyless Endorsement

Fatlazyless grants his seal of approval which appears to be as good as that of the Phantom Gourmet!!! See Below:

SANDWICH — They've only been in business since July, but they've already served up thousands of their hefty 1.4-pound burritos, been featured on statewide television and developed a loyal local following that looks forward to the weekly arrival of the big purple van in their community.

It all started when Dan and Rachel Kusch arrived in Sandwich a few years ago. Dan had landed a job in Wolfeboro, and, while they loved the area, there was something missing for them.

"Dan asked, 'why can't we get a burrito around here?' We both loved Mexican food, Dan from his college days when he spent some time in Mexico, and both of us from when we lived in Boston and ate a lot of burritos and used to go to an amazing Mexican restaurant in Waltham, Mass. I couldn't find a job here, so we said 'let's make our own job' and that's how the Big Love Mexican Diner got started.'' says Rachel.

From the outset the couple were determined to use as many local ingredients as possible and work with local growers of chicken, beef, pork, as well as to grow their own vegetables. Rachel started making burritos in the summer of 2010, selling them at Mocha Rizing in Sandwich while the couple developed their plan to turn a van into a mobile kitchen so that they could sell from different locations around the Lakes Region.

They opened for business right after the fourth of July this year near the Sandwich tennis courts and soon were selling out at that location, as well as the Tamworth Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. They also set up in Plymouth, on Green Street, not far from the bridge over the Pemigewasset Thursdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m and on Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot of The Etcetera Shop on Rte. 25 in Meredith.

The burritos feature generous amounts of brown rice, black beans, local veggies, local cheese (Mexican "queso blanco" made custom by the Sandwich Creamery), salsa, sour cream or chipotle-lime mayo as well as the choice of meat and weighed in at 1.4-pounds on the scale of their next-door vendor at the Tamworth Farmers Market last summer.

“We grow our own peppers and tomatillos at the Booty Farm in Sandwich and get the chickens from a local chicken farmer. Our beef is local and we get out pork from a Vermont farmer.'' says Rachel, who says that cooking Mexican food has become her passion.

She makes her own chorizo, a spicy Spanish-Mexican sausage, and makes unique veggie fillings such as sweet potato amor, squash garlic scape pesto and maple-adobo tempeh as well as a Mexican slaw, featuring locally grown cabbage and carrots. She also makes quesadillas, tacos and tamales as well as her own salsa.

And on Thursdays she delivers special orders to staff members at schools in Sandwich, Moultonborough and Meredith, 40 or more each Thursday.

Kim Seitzinger of Center Harbor, a special education teacher at Inter-Lakes High School, is high in her praise of Big Love Mexican's fare.

“It's awesome, really tasty and wakes up your taste buds,” says Seitzinger.

Rachel says that she's sold as many as 170 burritos in a day and does more than that when she caters parties and other events.

Big Love Mexican was featured last month on WMUR-TVs Chronicle and also get a big boost from a posting on the Winnipesaukee Forum last summer by "fatlazyless" of Meredith.

Suzy Kjellberg of Tamworth says that she's always glad when ''the big purple van shows up'' says that one of the big reasons for the success of the Kusch family is that they have established roots in the community and created a loyal customer base.

"Kind and good draws kind and good and that's why they're doing so well,'' says Kjellberg.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
fatlazyless

....not really.....honestly.....I was totally bored out of my mind one afternoon last September or so.....and had absolutely nothing better to do.....and I thought the five dollar burrito down at the Etcetera parking lot was real good.....so I thought I'd write up a little article on it.....being a totally unemployed local loser just gives me way too much time on my hands....and writing on this forum is probably a lot healthier than a number of various other activities that people sometimes get themselves into when there's not much to do....

....say hey.....r u totally bored out of your mind too.....then go find that Big Love truckster and treat yourself to a five dollar burrito.......genuine comfort food.....honest to goodness! And, then go find yourself a Zumba class to shake-shake-shake off that winter time, burrito bulge!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Must have been bored out of your mind on12-28

Lots of boredom today...same post 14 mins apart. Shoulda gone to Zumba today .

Happy New year FLL.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
phoenix

the forum will never be the same. FLL will be next food critic :
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....say hey.....r u totally bored out of your mind too.....then go find that Big Love truckster and treat yourself to a five dollar burrito.......genuine comfort food.....honest to goodness! And, then go find yourself a Zumba class to shake-shake-shake off that winter time, burrito bulge!
I bet if you mentioned you were fatlazyless of winnipesaukee.com fame you'd get yourself a free burrito...
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote