Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #1
MeredithMan

Default AJ's has moved to a new home...

...I was picking up a sandwich for lunch at SubCrazy this week and noticed a big dumpster in front of AJ's. Drove up took take a closer look and it was clear they had moved out. Checked out his website and it indicated that he was moving the shop into the Hannaford plaza as of early December. His new shop is in the yellow building adjacent to the Hannaford.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
GTO (12-15-2020), Loub52 (12-12-2020), Striper295 (12-11-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
Striper295

Good to know, thanks for the update!!

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
Striper295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
...I was picking up a sandwich for lunch at SubCrazy this week and noticed a big dumpster in front of AJ's. Drove up took take a closer look and it was clear they had moved out. Checked out his website and it indicated that he was moving the shop into the Hannaford plaza as of early December. His new shop is in the yellow building adjacent to the Hannaford.

Thanks. Wish them Much success, I know they had been for sale a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #4
fatlazyless

Default ..... no service fee at A.J.'s!

Once you hit the incredibly old, old age of age-68, your New Hampshire resident fishing license price drops down from $45 ...... way down to $7.00 ..... that's correct, one hugh benefit from the NH Fish & Game ...... just 7-bucks for your annual fishing license.

And ....... this is where A.J.'s comes in ...... while Walmart will charge you a two dollar service fee on top of the seven dollars ...... as far as I know ..... A.J.'s does not charge you any service fee, so the price is the price ..... just 7-bucks for all you moldy oldie fisher-people, age 68+, out there!

With that new location at the shopping plaza ...... if A.J.'s is smart ..... A.J.'s will have a k-cup coffee machine with a good choice of exotic strong coffees, served in a quality paper cup for 92-cents, plus 8-cents state tax, or maybe 91-cents, plus 8-cents state tax for 99-cents, total ...... total ONE BUCK-AJ Coffee ..... to build some customer traffic into that new store, there.

Hey, if Rand's Hardware in Plymouth can sell coffee for 50-cents, then a fishing store in Meredith should be able to make it happen for one buck what with that high-priced Meredith rent.

Other than high quality, cheap coffee .....the only other business builder for a fishing store like that is to hire a really hot girl who wears very, very tight thin tee shirts to help move those fishing lures ..... by luring in the fishing customers ....... exotic hot coffee ...... and an exotic hot, counter fishing babe ..... two smooth moves for a fishing store!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-14-2020 at 05:27 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

I believe AJ has sold the retail portion of his business. The new name is going to be “The Tackle Hut”. He is hanging on to the production end of things (making lures, flies, etc,etc.) as well as continuing his guide business.

I wish him well!

Dan
joey2665 (12-13-2020), Top-Water (12-13-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2020, 04:58 PM   #6
fatlazyless

It's located right next ..... left ..... to the Subway sandwich store, which has closed temporarily due to the pandemic and has a sign looking for employees at ten dollars/hour for when it re-opens. And, the state liquor stores in Center Harbor and Meredith are hiring at about 12.50/hr, 30-hr/wk-limit, so's they don't have to provide health insurance.

Next to their sign 'Live Bait', the Tackle Shack, formerly A.J.'s, could have a sign that says 'hot coffee, hot chocolate 99-cents' and that could be a good come-on to get some of the many passers-by to stop inside, and look around all the different fishing items including things like sun glasses, and ice fishing hand augers.

On a warm summer day, you never know, maybe a 99-cent coffee purchase could lead to a $65 Eskimo 4" ice auger purchase ..... why not .... duh?

..... www.thetackleshack.biz ....... Newbury, at Lake Sunapee and now in Meredith, New Hampshire directly close to Lake Winnipesaukee, and the longest, slowest stop light intersection in the entire state!

So, as long as you are stuck at that stop light, maybe you want to go fishing! ..... www.facebook.com/thetackleshack.biz/

hellooooo ...... as long as I'm stuck here in this long line of traffic ....... can I get my tennis racket restrung with 50-lb polyester monofilament at the Tackle Shack?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-14-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #7
Flyfisha

Default Tackle Shack

I believe it’s The Tackle Shack. Same owners from Newbury Lake Sunapee.
Flyfisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:27 AM   #8
fatlazyless

Default .... oh no, someone shot Bambi the deer!

You know, in addition to fishing items, this new Tackle Shack is also a deer, bear, and moose registration station where you go with the dead deer to get it tagged and weighed, or something, for NH Fish & Game registration.

Out front of the commercial store there's like a small front yard area and a walkway between the parking lot and the store. If that were my store I would permanently set up a three leg, tripod-hanging weigh station, made out of rustic looking thin straight tree trunks just for the attention value, and then have a rustic sign that says 'deer weighing station' on it. And then, when someone actually brings in a dead deer it would collect a lot of attention from Hannaford shoppers, passing by the dead deer, hanging there.

Like ..... hey, look at that ..... there's a dead deer ...... hanging there ...... being weighed!

That would quickly put that store on the map, and get it some excellent, local, positive attention.

Who knows ....... maybe even a dead beer ...... oops, I mean bear ....... or a dead mouse ..... oops, I mean moose ...... or one of those Fish & Game guys, over there, from television inspecting the dead deer to determine that it was, in fact-a-mondo, shot by someone while driving a Toyota Tundra, while sitting behind the steering wheel and equipped with an automatic transmission!!! ..... while driving down the road ....... which is totally and incredibly not a legal 'act of hunting' thing to do. ....

You probably heard about this M.O. ...... if they is too lazy to shift gears with a stick-shift ...... they is also too likely to be hunting and shooting a rifle without getting out of their pick-up truck! ....... another illegal deer hunting case solved ....... and right here in down-town Meredith, NH! ....... OMG!

This is definitely what this town definitely, definitely needs ...... a dead deer hanging from a rustic looking, three legged official weigh station just outside the Hannaford store! Something that Gilford and Wolfeboro do not have!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-15-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #9
Flyfisha

Default Tackle shack

You know what? Dale is a nice guy who works very hard to make an honest living. Why don’t you give the sarcasm a break.
Flyfisha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyfisha For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (12-17-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #10
fatlazyless

I'm not being sarcastic, here. I honestly think it would be a way cool thing to have a dead deer, hanging from a tripod scale out front the new Tackle Shack store on the small front lawn there, while on the way to the Hannaford's. I would definitely stop to take a good look at a dead deer, beer, or moose ...... um, I mean bear.

That's called NH local color, or something, and Meredith actually has local hunters who go out looking for deer, during the deer season.

It will be a welcome change from the usual mundane assortment of stores that's in that shopping mall. That Hannaford's has about as much personality as a 2.49 container of potato salad.

Let's step onto a time machine and take a trip back to 1995 and visit this same Meredith shopping mall. Going from left to right: there was Heath's Super Market, Phu Jee Restaurant, LaVerdierre's Drug Store, Heath's Hardware, Parafunalia-Sports, and the Ben Franklin department store with a huge arts & crafts department.

1995 ...... those were the days at that Meredith shopping mall! Think about it ....... what an excellent mix of stores and a great restaurant, there!

So, an owner operated fishing store is a very welcome happening, here, and I want to see some dead deer because the Meredith neck area has too many deer running across the road and almost hitting cars. One skinny deer actually smashed into the front right fender on my mega-million dollar automobile and damaged it.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-17-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #11
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

I wish AJ the best, top notch guy!

Wish the new owners good luck as well. Great to see a place like this continue to thrive.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Flyfisha (12-23-2020)