Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
CateP

Default Septic Pump Out In Wolfeboro

Been smelling sewage in the side yard of my house and thinking it may be time for a pump out. The previous owners never had it pumped out, but there were only two of them. There are two adults living in the house now.

Any recommendations on folks who pump out septic tanks in the Wolfeboro area?
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Rusty

I use Lakes Region Septic. They are located in Brookfield.
Tel. # 603-522-6246

http://lakesregionseptic.com/index.html

It would be good to locate the covers of your tank and have them exposed when the pumper arrives. If they have to locate and dig them up, it will probably cost you more. There should be a drawing/sketch of your septic system layout that was used when the house was built. If you don't have it, the Town might have a copy of it.

If you are getting a smell, it might be that your leach field is plugged up and not draining well.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Just Sold

If you are smelling septic gasses I would look for wet or soft spots in your lawn in the leach field area or at the tank.
Sometimes when a close by septic tank is pumped you can smell it in your yard. Maybe you neighbors was being pumped when you notice the smell.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

We use DJ Septic.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Chris Exley (11-17-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
Been smelling sewage in the side yard of my house and thinking it may be time for a pump out. The previous owners never had it pumped out, but there were only two of them. There are two adults living in the house now.

How old is the system? Depending on how old it is not pumping it may have been a bad idea...was it inspected when you bought the place?
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Irrigation Guy

X2 on DJ's! He is a very good guy to deal with and has been very helpful to me in the past. He is very knowledgeable about the systems and what can go wrong.

http://djsseptic.net/
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
CateP

Thanks all. The sewer smell is not there today and I was told that sometimes if a neighbor has been pumped out you can smell that. Or if the wind is right you can sometimes smell the gases from your own pipe.

I didn't have the tank pumped out or inspected when I bought the house, but it's not that old. (2005) I was meaning to have it pumped out this summer, but it slipped my mind because I was enjoying sailing on the lake so much!!

Anyway Lakes Region Septic came in about $30 less than DJs with no add-on costs.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Rusty

Quote:
Thanks all. The sewer smell is not there today and I was told that sometimes if a neighbor has been pumped out you can smell that. Or if the wind is right you can sometimes smell the gases from your own pipe.

I didn't have the tank pumped out or inspected when I bought the house, but it's not that old. (2005) I was meaning to have it pumped out this summer, but it slipped my mind because I was enjoying sailing on the lake so much!!

Anyway Lakes Region Septic came in about $30 less than DJs with no add-on costs.
That is the reason I use Lakes Region Septic.

You should have a filter on the exit side of your tank and they will clean it for you. It might be a good idea to watch him do it so that you can do it yourself between each cleaning. Some people just can't do it but I think it's good insurance to keep the filter clean. I always clean my filter every year and have the tank pumped every three years. I have one of those plastic green risers that goes on top of the hole at the exit end. It sticks above the ground and all you have to do is take a few screws out to remove the cover.

CateP (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Denny Crane

Default Lamprey septic

Scott from lamprey septic inspected our system during our home inspection and noticed a fitting that needed to be replaced. He said he would come back in the spring to do it when all the snow cleared, and sure enough he did. I had no commitment to him other than the home inspection but after he did that I didn't even consider another company. I pump out every fall no matter what. Any harm in this? I thought a septic inspection was automatic when buying a home. I forgot your process and whether a real estate agent was involved.
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
I didn't have the tank pumped out or inspected when I bought the house, but it's not that old. (2005).
Its always a good idea to have the septic system inspected no matter how old it is. Septics replacements are on the top of the list for being the most expensive items to repair when owning a home. Hope it just needs a cleaning and nothing more.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
ITD

Hmmm, I thought NH required a septic inspection before title is passed, or is that just for waterfront?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Hmmm, I thought NH required a septic inspection before title is passed, or is that just for waterfront?
I believe it was required in 2001 when I bought in Tuftonboro. But honestly, not having a septic inspected when you buy a home is not a smart thing to do.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
CateP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
I believe it was required in 2001 when I bought in Tuftonboro. But honestly, not having a septic inspected when you buy a home is not a smart thing to do.
In my house buying circumstance an inspection would not have changed anything. The sellers lost a lot of money on the sale and I got an amazing deal. In most other house buying circumstances I would spring for the inspection since it may become a major negotiating point if there are problems.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #14
ITD

I guess the rule only applies if your property line is within 200 feet of water. Anyway, you should get it pumped and checked out, trust me, they fail at the worst possible time (think sewage fountain). My pump failed on Memorial day weekend many years ago with about 15 people in the house, fortunately it made noise before it got to the fountain stage. Scott Lamprey came by and pumped it out, saving the weekend. Having it fail in the middle of the winter with 4 feet of snow on the ground would really stink (pun intended).
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
Happy Gourmand

Default pump out or not...

Either way, don't forget the Rid-X.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
HellRaZoR004

I have mine pumped out every spring which may be overkill. It only costs $200 but gives me a peace of mind.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I got mine inspected at the inspection. They ran all the faucets at full blast and watched how long it took to drop in the tank. Mine came up perfect. I get mine pumped every three years as well. Only two in my house as also. Well, I have two cats too, but they are not toilet trained.

Thanks for the render though. I have to get this done before the snow flys...
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
MDoug

Default Septic Smell

Quote:

Be sure to check under your house for a broken pipe from the toilet . Archie, our contractor on Bear Island, says we have a leak that has now rotted a subfloor. We surely hope he repairs everything before we return in late April!
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
Denny Crane

Default Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
I have mine pumped out every spring which may be overkill. It only costs $200 but gives me a peace of mind.
I'm with you on the yearly pump out. I don't want my junk hanging around my property too long!......especially after my friends have visited. Then there's one of my friends whose name is Tom, after a night of fried food at town docks and captain and cokes,............well that's another story. Yes, too much info.
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #20
fatlazyless

Al's Laconia Septic Tank Service, telephone 524-4777, is a one truck, owner-operator business, and Al drives the truck and does the work of pumping etc; he charged me $190 to pump out a 750-gal tank after first telling me that it would probably cost about $225 over the phone. That's probably because most distribution tanks installed since about 1980 are usually 1000-gal, and go for the $225 pump-out price.

As already mentioned earlier in another thread, Lamprey Septic in Moultonborough told me it would cost $1500-1800 to replace a septic pump and the check valve and about 4' of pvc pipe and fittings inside the smaller remote tank at the bottom of the hill. Going to Lowe's Home Improvement in Gilford, an identical pump can be purchased for $225, if you want to do that yourself........and "never stop improving!" ....

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-15-2012 at 06:18 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #21
DDBmom

After many years of being involved with septic pumps..you CAN NOT purchase the same pump at Lowe's that Lamprey Septic will install for you. Lowe's doesn't even guarantee them when Lamprey always does! Not to mention you always get what you pay for!
DDBmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDBmom View Post
After many years of being involved with septic pumps..you CAN NOT purchase the same pump at Lowe's that Lamprey Septic will install for you. Lowe's doesn't even guarantee them when Lamprey always does! Not to mention you always get what you pay for!
We've been through this before. If it's the same model number, it's the same pump, or snowblower, or water heater, or stove, etc. etc.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDBmom View Post
If you walk to the pumps area all the way in the back of the Gilford Lowe's Home Improvement tomorrow, on Sunday, November 18, 2012, you should easily see the two models of septic pumps which they carry, and learn about their warrantees

One model, the smaller model, sells for about $175 if I remember correct, and comes with a one year warrantee. The larger model which was probably a 110volt-1/2-hp septic pump with a teather switch included sold for aprox $227., and it comes with a lifetime warrantee.

This $227 Lowe's septic pump was the same similar style, size, appearance, voltage, 1/2-hp, and included teather switch as what Lamprey Septic was talking about when he said to me it would cost about $1500 to $1700 to replace the pump and the in-line check valve and about 48" of 1 1/2" white pvc pipe and pvc fittings.

Plus, the Lowe's pump comes with a lifetime warrantee to the purchaser, plus if you have ever needed to return an item to the Gilford Lowe's, then you know that they are easy.

Plus, Gilford Lowe's also offers free coffee in stylish styrafoam cups, all day long.....
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
Irrigation Guy

If you have a problem with a pump at Lowes in Gilford they tell you to call the MFG. Maybe returns are easy in other area's but not pumps. Sure you can get the same spec's, ie - 1/2 hp ect. but not the same pump by a long shot. Not the same MFG or Model #. The pumps a professional installs are not available at Lowes or HD. BTW - Lowes switches pump brands about every second year, I think this is further to avoid returns.

Furthermore, I'd wager a bet that most of the pumps(different brand same HP) at Lowes cost less than what Lamprey pays for his reputable brand.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
fatlazyless

About three or four years ago, I purchased three of the 1/6 hp, aprox $68. pumps from Gilford Lowes, and used them for January, February and March as water-circulators to keep my dock ice free. In late March, just short of three months from date of purchase, I was able to clean up two of the pumps and return them in their original boxes for a full refund at the Gilford store. It was a fast, simple and easy return transaction.

Do I feel a little bit guilty about doing that? Yes, I do, but now I would definately buy another pump from Lowes, plus the two pumps which I returned seemed to be in excellent working condition despite having been used off and on for almost three months. Probably, someone else bought them later on after my return thinking they were new too because they looked like new.

How's about that!

...say hey.....we are all sinners......some of us just get caught a lot more than the others!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-17-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #26
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
About three or four years ago, I purchased three of the 1/6 hp, aprox $68. pumps from Gilford Lowes, and used them for January, February and March as water-circulators to keep my dock ice free. In late March, just short of three months from date of purchase, I was able to clean up two of the pumps and return them in their original boxes for a full refund at the Gilford store. It was a fast, simple and easy return transaction.

Do I feel a little bit guilty about doing that? Yes, I do, but now I would definately buy another pump from Lowes, plus the two pumps which I returned seemed to be in excellent working condition despite having been used off and on for almost three months. Probably, someone else bought them later on after my return thinking they were new too because they looked like new.

How's about that!

...say hey.....we are all sinners......some of us just get caught a lot more than the others!
How about that? I think that's pretty slimy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (11-25-2012), secondcurve (11-18-2012), Winnisquamguy (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #27
fpartri497

Less

Its customers like you that causes the prices on products that we buy to rise in price to recover the loss to the retailer. when an item is returned to a retail store they have to be refurbished and marked down in price as used.

Shame on you thats dishonest

Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #28
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
How about that? I think that's pretty slimy.
...next time I be buying a pump from Lowe's in Gilford, NH....and I highly recommend their pumps for their quality, price, selection, in-stock availability and excellent store product presentation and explanation of each different pump on their extensive pumps display....as well as their freebie coffee in those stylish styrafoam cups. Great place to go relax ...... sip on a cup of coffee ... and study up on which pump will be the right one for U buddy! Just the same....I will be sure to inspect it for any undetected prior use......by someone who returned it within the 3-month allowed return time.....u-never-know....
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #29
tis

Tell me that is a joke, that you did not really do that!!!!! If you did, I think that is disgusting. I used to think your posts were funny, but that is just plain dishonest if that is true.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #30
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Tell me that is a joke, that you did not really do that!!!!! If you did, I think that is disgusting. I used to think your posts were funny, but that is just plain dishonest if that is true.
I've long-admired the thrifty- and resourceful- posts of FLL; however, my neighborhood Lowe's stopped giving free coffee—and now
I think I know why.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #31
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
I've long-admired the thrifty- and resourceful- posts of FLL; however, my neighborhood Lowe's stopped giving free coffee—and now
I think I know why.
And to think that he publicly announced It on this forum ! I would laugh but its too discusting

Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
fatlazyless

....oh come on.....you guys cannot be for real......everybody probably does that type of merchandise return thing with big box store-return policies being so easy....it encourages someone to use an item for 89-days and then to return it on the 90th or something close to this scenario......you know it.......I know it.......the big box store employees know it.....and the big box stores; ....walmart-lowes-homedepot-kohls-tjmaxx-marshalls-& others put to work because it is a business builder....it encourages customers to buy because they know their purchases can be returned EASY......

......and besides all that......we are all guilty of being sinners but some of us just get caught more frequently than others!

....so you all can just get off of your very well-groomed and manicured high horses, and let's get back to the topic of this thread......whatever the heck that was!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
fpartri497

Smile

Quote:
....oh come on.....you guys cannot be for real......everybody probably does that type of merchandise return thing with big box store-return policies being so easy....it encourages someone to use an item for 89-days and then to return it on the 90th or something close to this scenario......you know it.......I know it.......the big box store employees know it.....and the big box stores; ....walmart-lowes-homedepot-kohls-tjmaxx-marshalls-& others put to work because it is a business builder....it encourages customers to buy because they know their purchases can be returned EASY......

......and besides all that......we are all guilty of being sinners but some of us just get caught more frequently than others!

....so you all can just get off of your very well-groomed and manicured high horses, and let's get back to the topic of this thread......whatever the heck that was!
Duh, I donno I forget

Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #34
Merrymeeting

Quote:

You can try and justify it all you want FLL. Most of us wouldn't think of doing what you describe.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
BlackCatIslander (11-25-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #35
fatlazyless

Default ...thankyou very much!

You know that the Gilford Lowe's easy returns was one big reason why I continually return there to buy more stuff. While driving there to Lowe's, I have no problem driving right past Heath's, Aubuchon's or Laconia Servistar.

Do I feel a little bit guilty about my use and return.....maybe a wee small bit....but now partially because of their easy returns I justautomatically head for Lowe's Gilford.

As a matter of FACT, my car knows the route to Lowe's all by itself, so I just lay back and take a short snooze for the ride over to Lowe's.

......thankyou very much & good knight!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #36
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Angry These returns cost the rest of us money...

Part of the cost determination in retail is the cost of handling returns. In some cases, a supplier puts a 25% (could be higher, could be lower) obsolesence fee...If a unit costs the company $100, and that unit is returned to the company and then returned to the manufacturer, the company is not reimbursed $100, they are reimbursed $75. This shortfall is built into the cost we as consumers pay for goods.

When the Rochester Fair would open in the fall, we saw a spike in the sale of small Multifunction machines, printer-fax-copier-scanners. We looked good on the sale, because we would easily sell the machine and some extra ink, normally just the black cartridge. The sale would take place on the Thurs or Fri as the Fair opened. Fair is open for two weekends with the week in between. Guess what we would see on the Mon after the fair closed, sometimes on the Sun night it closed? You guessed it...the machine would come back along with any unopened ink, usually without the box for the unit.

FLL, you can put your head in the sand, or justify what you do by saying others do the exact same thing. Well, sorry for you...I do know that I can live my life with my head held high knowing that I would never take advantage of a company's return policy. In my humble opinion, your attitude in this behavior puts you in a position in the respect ladder of having to look up to see down.
DRH (11-25-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #37
fatlazyless

Default ....with all due respect ...

...you know....with all due repect to everyones sense of what is right and what is wrong here....my two item return was totally within the store's return policy....and was transacted in about 60-seconds, one morning in early April, 2008 or sometime, and the lady employee did not bat an eye or hesitate at all to make the return transaction...

...I had the original receipt....I ALWAYS save the original receipt....the two pumps looked and still worked like they were brand new.....and the two pump boxes were also in like new condition....and the receipt quickly proved it by passing the return rules scrutiny of the upc code scanner...

...If Judge Judy were working that April morning at the Lowe's returns dept in the Gilford Lowes....you know what she would have said to me.....Judge Judy would have said to me .... "thankyou much much for shopping the Gilford Lowe's and you have a nice day, you good looking, tall, thin, handsome man you!" ..
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #38
ApS

Quote:

There's no better example than the above for this definition:

Quote:
Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people...

Projection
works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.
But the above is all

"Pump-outs" should be done more frequently when your residence has dishwashers, clothes-washers and garbage disposals—or even if a few incorrect paper products have entered the system. A gently-used septic system with a healthy and root-free drainfield can go decades between pump-outs.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (11-25-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #39
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
...you know....with all due repect to everyones sense of what is right and what is wrong here....my two item return was totally within the store's return policy....and was transacted in about 60-seconds, one morning in early April, 2008 or sometime, and the lady employee did not bat an eye or hesitate at all to make the return transaction...

...I had the original receipt....I ALWAYS save the original receipt....the two pumps looked and still worked like they were brand new.....and the two pump boxes were also in like new condition....and the receipt quickly proved it by passing the return rules scrutiny of the upc code scanner...

...If Judge Judy were working that April morning at the Lowe's returns dept in the Gilford Lowes....you know what she would have said to me.....Judge Judy would have said to me .... "thankyou much much for shopping the Gilford Lowe's and you have a nice day, you good looking, tall, thin, handsome man you!" ..
It's slimy and you know it. Your attempt to justify your action is disgusting. Either the "next guy" got a used pump, or the store or the manufacturer took a hit on the sale that the rest of us pay for. I've seen Judge Judy and I'm sure she would have some colorful words to describe you.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #40
tis

FLL, does that make you feel more like shopping at Lowe's thinking that you may be getting used products? Apparently it doesn't bother you. I certainly understand if you buy something and it is broken or isn't what you thought and you return it IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME, but to intentionally use something for three months and then return it is just theft. I am not one to get on my "high horse" because no one is perfect but what you did is just wrong.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #41
Happy Gourmand

Quote:

Here is the Lowe's return policy. I don't see anything about "how about I just use it for 89 days and get my money back."
We hope you love what you ordered, but if something isn't right, let us know. We're happy to exchange your item or refund your money. You can return your order at any Lowe's store for your added convenience. Our ultimate goal is for you to be completely satisfied with your purchase from Lowe's.

If you receive an item you're dissatisfied with, you may return it within 90 days** to any Lowe's store for a refund or exchange within our current return policy guidelines. For additional assistance, visit your local Lowe's store or call toll-free 1-800-44-LOWES (56937) and one of our customer service representatives will be glad to recommend alternate return options that may be available. Information contained on the invoice will be necessary to process the return or refund. Please have the invoice ready when you call. After the return period,** products will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty as applicable.

**30 Days for Outdoor Power Equipment and Major Appliances

Outdoor power equipment purchases and major appliance purchases may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase, with the original receipt. Outdoor power equipment includes mowers, chain saws, generators, pressure washers and more. Major appliances include refrigerators 9 cubic feet or larger, washing machines, dryers, range hoods and more. Lowe's will repair it, replace it or refund the purchase price based on the original method of payment.

Products must be in like-new condition in order to receive a refund. Items still covered by the manufacturer's warranty will be repaired at no cost to the customer. Repairs not covered under the warranty are the responsibility of the customer.

For manufacturer defects, please call Lowe's Service Advantage hotline toll-free at 1-888-77-LOWES (56937) to set up a factory-certified service appointment in your home or for any general assistance.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #42
Happy Gourmand

I apologize for participating in the hijacking of this thread. Some things frost my a$$ so bad that I felt compelled to post.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
Lakepilot

Quote:
I apologize for participating in the hijacking of this thread. Some things frost my a$$ so bad that I felt compelled to post.
I have to agree with you. I've defended FLL in the past, but this one takes the cake. I for one would never, ever think of doing what he did. I also hope that those that would are in a vast minority that I never have to deal with.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #44
fatlazyless

Default ....& don't forget to save your receipt, baby-cakes!

....ok....so I was back at the Gilford -Lowe's yesterday picking up some heat-shrink weather plastic and some 12' pvc molding to do a little heat loss prevention on some of my huge drafty windows with the killer-diller views that look out to the lake, Gilford and Gunstock Mountain.......yuo know....trying to save some money on the expensive propane bills....so I took another look-see at the two septic pumps there.....and the big one actually costs $277, and not the $227 as I said earlier. It is 1/2hp-110v-teather switch included-unlimited warranty.

The key to making the return warranty work is to hang onto the receipt. You know Lowes' does not get into the pump being broken, it just says that it can be returned.

You know, after using them for almost three months, and no longer having any more need due to the warmer temps of April, I probably thought to myself......well....let's go see if they are returnable....because 2 x 68=132 and $132 will buy a lot of groceries at the Plymouth Walmart.

Lowe's must have 100's of thousands of customer experience every year at all their stores, and they make their return policy what it is to help to power up their business. And, their easy returns policy has definately been a factor to get me to be a regular Lowe's customer. Their easy returns is a biz-promo plan and it worked for me........and besides that I did not creat any theft....any misrepresentation.....any deception....or any anything....I made the returns within the rules of their return dept....and used the money for groceries or gas or something.

The #1 rule that everyone should be getting from this thread is to save your receipt!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-20-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #45
ITD

Just fooling yourself....
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #46
fpartri497

Thumbs down

Quote:
....ok....so I was back at the Gilford -Lowe's yesterday picking up some heat-shrink weather plastic and some 12' pvc molding to do a little heat loss prevention on some of my huge windows with the killer-diller views that look out to the lake, Gilford and Gunstock Mountain.......yuo know....trying to save some money on the expensive propane bills....so I took another look-see at the two septic pumps there.....and the big one actually costs $277, and not the $227 as I said earlier. It is 1/2hp-110v-teather switch included-unlimited warranty.

The key to making the return warranty work is to hang onto the receipt. You know Lowes' does not get into the pump being broken, it just says that it can be returned.

You know, after using them for almost three months, and no longer having any more need due to the warmer temps of April, I probably thought to myself......well....let's go see if they are returnable....because 2 x 68=132 and $132 will buy a lot of groceries at the Plymouth Walmart.

Lowe's must have 100's of thousands of customer experience every year at all their stores, and they make their return policy what it is to help to power up their business. And, their easy returns policy has definately been a factor to get me to be a regular Lowe's customer. Their easy returns is a biz-promo plan and it worked for me........and besides that I did not creat any theft....any misrepresentation.....any deception....or any anything....I made the returns within the rules of their return dept....and used the money for groceries or gas or something.

The #1 rule that everyone should be getting from this thread is to save your receipt!
BOOOOOOoooooooo
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #47
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
....ok....so I was back at the Gilford -Lowe's yesterday picking up some heat-shrink weather plastic and some 12' pvc molding to do a little heat loss prevention on some of my huge windows with the killer-diller views that look out to the lake, Gilford and Gunstock Mountain.......yuo know....trying to save some money on the expensive propane bills....so I took another look-see at the two septic pumps there.....and the big one actually costs $277, and not the $227 as I said earlier. It is 1/2hp-110v-teather switch included-unlimited warranty.

I give up, not only can the man not read the return policy, he can't do math either. 2 x 68 = 136, not 132.
My guess is that all those local hardware stores you drive by to go to Lowe's all asked you not to return.
I'm out.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #48
fatlazyless

Quote:
I give up, not only can the man not read the return policy, he can't do math either. 2 x 68 = 136, not 132.
My guess is that all those local hardware stores you drive by to go to Lowe's all asked you not to return.
I'm out.
....no, no store has asked me to not return and you can find some pretty reasonable prices at Lowe's plus they have yellow tag clearance specials...and off the top of my head the Mass 5% sales tax on $136 would be $6.80......except we do not have a sales tax in NH because it is already built into the local property taxes...which is another big reason why people from Mass haul large purchases like the $277 septic pump from the Gilford Lowe's back to Massachusetts....and.....now....I ask you.....is avoiding the Mass sales tax, like that, any more of a theft than putting the easy Lowe's return policy to work for oneself?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #49
DEJ

Please do not feed this troll anymore people.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #50
ApS

Quote:
I apologize for participating in the hijacking of this thread.
Yup...me too
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
fatlazyless (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #51
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
Depending on how many people are using the system you may be pouring money down the drain. We just had our done for the first time in 10 years and it was fine.
Our camp has never been pumped and may never need to be as it is mainly used during the winter. I have had it open to fix clogs from grass roots and there are almost no solids in it at all which means it is working great doing it's job.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #52
SAB1

FLL What a leach you are. Type of person that creates the problems we have in the world now. I hope you get your due someday. And I hope to god you didn't ever have kids.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #53
Belmont Resident

Default Makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
There's no better example than the above for this definition:

But the above is all

"Pump-outs" should be done more frequently when your residence has dishwashers, clothes-washers and garbage disposals—or even if a few incorrect paper products have entered the system. A gently-used septic system with a healthy and root-free drainfield can go decades between pump-outs.
Our house went almost 15 years and the camp is at about 12 and counting.

FLL no matter how much you try to justify your comments I think you lost (if you had any) all respect any members of this forum had for you or your comments.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #54
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Our house went almost 15 years and the camp is at about 12 and counting.

FLL no matter how much you try to justify your comments I think you lost (if you had any) all respect any members of this forum had for you or your comments.
Let me ask you this question: as everyone knows it is not too unusual for people who live in Massachusetts to make their big purchases in New Hampshire just to avoid paying the Massachusetts 6.25% sales tax, and then return home to Mass to use their new refrigerator, tv, snowblower etc, and by doing this they have violated a Massachusetts statute that requires them to pay to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts a sales and use tax on this type of out-of-state purchase.

By using the two $68-dollar pumps for aproximately 89 days and then having the Lowe's return dept accept them back for full refund was a business-promoting decision made by Lowe's. They know there are some people who will take advantage or abuse their returns policy but they have it in place because they feel it increases their over-all business and has proven to be a potent piece of retail-ammo in their Lowe's business plan.

And, furthermore, while returning home to Massachusetts to USE that tax-free refrigerator without remitting the sales & use tax due to Massachusetts Dept of Revenue is in fact a violation of Massachusetts law; the returning of my two small pumps was indeed part of a purchase and return that both sides, Lowe's and myself were willing to do, and was not a violation of any New Hampshire law.

So, what does this Forum court of opinion have to sayeth about my argument? And yes, I am wearing my hockey goalies equipment including facemask, chest protector, shinpads and big fat goalie stick so you can let your comments fly!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #55
ITD

Less, let me try to explain to you what your justification sounds like to others.

Less argument paraphrased:

I behaved badly, but there are people in Massachusetts who also behave badly. Let me tell you, I behaved badly but there is no law against what I did, indeed, Lowe's knows people like me will behave badly so they increase their price accordingly to account for my misdeed since they need to make a profit. Others are paying the price for my bad behavior, but that is ok, since I got away with bad behavior.

Now those people in Massachusetts behaving badly are actually breaking the law. So since my bad behavior isn't outlawed, yet, I am perfectly justified stealing from Lowe's, I found a loophole that allows me to behave badly, you should be congratulating me on my bad example and my willingness to let others pull my weight for me. You should praise my ends justifies the means mentality and not admonishing me for my bad behavior.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #56
Belmont Resident

Thumbs down

Quote:
Less, let me try to explain to you what your justification sounds like to others.

I behaved badly, but there are people in Massachusetts who also behave badly. Let me tell you, I behaved badly but there is no law against what I did, indeed, Lowe's knows people like me will behave badly so they increase their price accordingly to account for my misdeed since they need to make a profit. Others are paying the price for my bad behavior, but that is ok, since I got away with bad behavior.

Now those people in Massachusetts behaving badly are actually breaking the law. So since my bad behavior isn't outlawed, yet, I am perfectly justified stealing from Lowe's, I found a loophole that allows me to behave badly, you should be congratulating me on my bad example and my willingness to let others pull my weight for me. You should praise my ends justifies the means mentality and not admonishing me for my bad behavior.
ITD why justify him with a reply, if we all just ignore all of his future posts maybe he will go/fade away.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #57
ITD

Quote:
ITD why justify him with a reply, if we all just ignore all of his future posts maybe he will go/fade away.
That will never happen BR, he will just continue. For my part it's really more fascination than irritation with Less. I'm intrigued by the defense mechanisms centered around the selfishness of the deeds. I don't mean to turn this into a political issue, but he is a professed liberal and I see many of these traits in those arguments also. The other people get away with it so why shouldn't I mentality. And the it's ok to steal from those who have more. It's a get something for nothing mentality and an unwillingness to entertain any train of thought that shows how corrupt these actions really are. I try not to feed the many trolls here, but sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #58
Rusty

Quote:

I don't think that FLL is any more essentric then the rest of us.

I enjoy reading his posts and don't really care if he returns items after using them. That's between him and the store.
He is a good sport about everthing and I have never seen in any of his posts where he attacks people because of what they say or do.

Don't go away FLL.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #59
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I don't think that FLL is any more essentric then the rest of us.

I enjoy reading his posts and don't really care if he returns items after using them. That's between him and the store.
He is a good sport about everthing and I have never seen in any of his posts where he attacks people because of what they say or do.

Don't go away FLL.
Come on Rusty, Less specifically asked for other opinions, I don't think he is going away nor do I think he cares one iota what others think of him. Not sure how my post constitutes an attack other than I disagree with his antics and have called him out on it.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #60
SAB1

Sorry to hear you feel that way rusty. If you don't care that he he sees no wrong in what he does, you are not different than him.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #61
Belmont Resident

Default Fll fyi

Quote:

Do I feel a little bit guilty about doing that? Yes, I do, but now I would definately buy another pump from Lowes, plus the two pumps which I returned seemed to be in excellent working condition despite having been used off and on for almost three months. Probably, someone else bought them later on after my return thinking they were new too b.

How's about that!

FLL after talking with another forum member about your post I decided to print out your comments and forward (hand carry) them to the manager of Lowes.
Granted there is nothing they can do but maybe they can reference the message and figure out who you are and watch out for you in the future.
What you did was wrong and makes you worse then a thief.
You try to be funny and we brush it off and sometimes you are, amusing, but most of the time your just an (insert comment).
What you did was something most would expect from white trash so I guess we know what side of the street you come from!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #62
Rusty

John 8:7
"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"...
SIKSUKR (12-05-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #63
DEJ

Default Character

Character is much easier kept than recovered.
Thomas Paine

Last edited by DEJ; 12-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #64
ITD

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Anonymous
Old 12-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #65
secondcurve

Quote:
FLL after talking with another forum member about your post I decided to print out your comments and forward (hand carry) them to the manager of Lowes.
Granted there is nothing they can do but maybe they can reference the message and figure out who you are and watch out for you in the future.
What you did was wrong and makes you worse then a thief.
You try to be funny and we brush it off and sometimes you are, amusing, but most of the time your just an (insert comment).
What you did was something most would expect from white trash so I guess we know what side of the street you come from!
Belmont Resident: While I understand your position and agree that FLL was way out of line I think you have gone overboard with your actions as well. There are lots of injustices in this world to tackle before jumping on the "pump exchanger bandit" and for all we know Less might have made this tale up.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (12-01-2012), Rusty (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #66
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
John 8:7
"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"...
Rusty:

If we followed this lesson it wouldn't be much fun around here!
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
DEJ (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #67
fatlazyless

Default ....easy returns at Lowe's!

......ok.....sure .....there's always a few rotten apples around that can spoil the whole box.....and if too many Lowe's customers went the 89-day free rental route.....then Lowe's would probably tighten up their returns policy....so....Lowe's probably goes with their easy returns dept because they consider it to be a business builder...one good reason their customers come back to make the next purchase is it can be returned; easy!

......just look at me...since making that not-too-honest return of the two 1/6-hp utility pumps....I have since purchased a number a bigger items like a snowblower, pressure washer, refigerator, kitchen stove, paint, masonry blocks, cement, perennial plants & flowers, landscape timbers, top soil & mulch....and other items....

......and what did I do with the return money from the two pumps about four years ago....I probably needed the money for groceries and gasoline....a lot more than I needed the two pumps at the time......so they got returned.....thankyou very much Gilford-Lowe's! ..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #68
ITD

Less, Less, Less, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #69
Janet

And to think this all started by CateP asking about septic tank service. CateP, hope some of this thread helped.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
And to think this all started by CateP asking about septic tank service. CateP, hope some of this thread helped.
Funny, I was just thinking the same this. This thread has had a long life for a septic pump out question! Of course it got WAY off topic, but really that is what makes forums interesting. It's kind of fun to see what a topic evolves into.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #71
Belmont Resident

Cool

Quote:
Less, Less, Less, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Ha, Ha, Merry Less Christmas & Happy Less New Year
Couldn't help it
Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #72
GM doc

Default Hummm!

Did I not see Belmont resident say that SHE doesn't pay to swim!

$55 @ month!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLL, i thought you were thrifty? You can join LASC for less than that!

I am a PSC alumni so I get to use the iniversity pool free!

One of the resort at WV has a heated pool. I have used that pool many time without paying. The staff doesn't pay much attention.