Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
TCC

Default Marijuana dispensaries?

There seem to be a lot of these opening in NH lately. If, for sake of argument, one concedes that there are legitimate medical applications for marijuana, then I'm curious to know whether these products are also being sold through our regular local pharmacies, and if not, why not?

Conversely, are the people who dispense these drugs at the "marijuana dispensaries" licensed pharmacists, subject to the same regulations as any other pharmacist in our state?

It just strikes me as odd. We don't have product-specific "dispensaries" for any other class of pharmaceutical drugs.
TCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
It just strikes me as odd. We don't have product-specific "dispensaries" for any other class of pharmaceutical drugs.
I think that's because there isn't any other class of "pharmaceutical" drug that is both considered illegal by the federal government and legal by the state government. The normal rules don't apply. My guess is that any facility that accepts federal Medicare/Medicaid funding (hospitals, pharmacies, etc.) would risk losing that funding if they started dealing in or allowing the use of marijuana.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post:
TCC (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
thatguyonline

Medical marijuana threatens the massive profits of the pharmaceutical industry and powerful people in the Federal Government are in bed with the pharmaceutical industry enjoying said profits. Pharmacies are brick and mortar storefronts for the pharmaceutical industry.

Money money money mon-neeeeeey, Moneeeeey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thatguyonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyonline View Post
Medical marijuana threatens the massive profits of the pharmaceutical industry and powerful people in the Federal Government are in bed with the pharmaceutical industry enjoying said profits. Pharmacies are brick and mortar storefronts for the pharmaceutical industry.

Money money money mon-neeeeeey, Moneeeeey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure why profits would be threatened if it were made medically legal by the federal government? The pharmacies could stock it, charge 10 times what it would cost on the street, and make tons of money.

People in need get prescriptions for morphine, OxyContin, codeine, Vicodin, etc.; far more powerful drugs. Why not marijuana? Isn't it bad to inhale marijuana smoke (because it is smoke)? Couldn't the active ingredient be put into a pill?

My problem with the growing and dispensing at local levels is that it's too easy to circumvent any controls that might be in place. Someone could raid the local pot farm or dispensary. Yeah, pharmacies do get robbed occasionally but they have much better security and the pharmacists have too much on the line to pass out pot under the table.

I don't see the local Cheech & Chong being a good bet for carefully managing access to a generally illegal drug.

Knocking

Chong: "Who is it?"

Cheech: "Its Dave man! Will you open up, I got the stuff with me!"

Chong: "Who?"

Cheech: "Dave man, open up!"

Chong: "Dave?"

Cheech: "Yeah Dave, come on man open up I think the cops saw me!"

Chong: "Dave's not here!"

Repeat, Repeat, ...
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
thatguyonline

Default Marijuana dispensaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post

I don't see the local Cheech & Chong being a good bet for carefully managing access to a generally illegal drug.

Knocking

Chong: "Who is it?"

Cheech: "Its Dave man! Will you open up, I got the stuff with me!"

Chong: "Who?"

Cheech: "Dave man, open up!"

Chong: "Dave?"

Cheech: "Yeah Dave, come on man open up I think the cops saw me!"

Chong: "Dave's not here!"

Repeat, Repeat, ...

I've been to both Seattle and Denver since the dispensaries have opened and it is not at all like the mainstream Hollywood stereotype you are regurgitating.

Do you travel much Jeff?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyonline View Post
I've been to both Seattle and Denver since the dispensaries have opened and it is not at all like the mainstream Hollywood stereotype you are regurgitating.

Do you travel much Jeff?
I guess YOU don't since you can't recognize satire when you see it.

Or maybe no sense of humor?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-16-2016), Reilly (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #7
thatguyonline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
I guess YOU don't since you can't recognize satire when you see it.

Or maybe no sense of humor?

Oh OK.

Great joke.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
TCC

Default Moderator

Sorry. This was posted as a straightforward question and TMI Guy responded with what is likely the correct answer (Thank you!). If you would like to lock or delete this thread before it degenerates any further, please feel free. TCC
TCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #9
PaugusBayFireFighter

Problem is the vast majority have no idea what they are talking about on the subject. Only what they've heard or seen on silly shows. It will be a non issue in a couple years. Next year Maine, Vermont and Mass will be recreational marijuana states. NH will lose plenty of money, they already have.
This state makes it up by selling the world's most dangerous drug at its rest areas...hypocrites.

And no Jeff, it doesn't damage your lungs and its in a pill form already.
Tell a chemo patient with nausea to take a pill and wait 20-30 minutes..or they can inhale it and the effect is immediate.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
Jersey Ed (05-18-2016), thatguyonline (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
noreast

If the feds get out of the way, The Pharmacuuticals will (or are) be ready to pounce. Don't worry, they'll get there fair share. But federal law is the only reason as of now.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:05 PM   #11
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
Problem is the vast majority have no idea what they are talking about on the subject. Only what they've heard or seen on silly shows. It will be a non issue in a couple years. Next year Maine, Vermont and Mass will be recreational marijuana states. NH will lose plenty of money, they already have.
This state makes it up by selling the world's most dangerous drug at its rest areas...hypocrites.

And no Jeff, it doesn't damage your lungs and its in a pill form already.
Tell a chemo patient with nausea to take a pill and wait 20-30 minutes..or they can inhale it and the effect is immediate.
Well gee golly the American Lung Association begs to differ with your assessment of possible lung damage. http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smo...ww.google.com/

Nowhere have I indicated that people who have a medical need for marijuana should be denied it. We have a drug delivery system in place. They are called drug stores. Why should marijuana be an exception to the drug delivery process? Further, the active ingredient could be aerosolized and delivered without the damaging smoke. Instant relief without the other nasty stuff.

Yes, I get that the federal laws make delivery of marijuana leaf risky for drug stores. Why is it so impossible for a medicine form, without smoke, pills or inhaler, in measured doses to be manufactured and sold?
Old 05-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #12
Gatto Nero

Part of the issue is because it's still against federal law the banks either can't or won't go near it, which makes it an all cash business. I'm guessing that wouldn't work too well at CVS. I have been to dispensaries in CO and they are very professionally run businesses. There are also many options now other than smoking it.
thatguyonline (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 08:00 PM   #13
fatlazyless

Plymouth NH has both a new medical marijuana business and a huge, new, state liquor store business located close to one another on Rt 25, Tenney Mountain Highway.

With all those college students nearby at Plymouth State University, these two locations definitely make good business sense! Best to get them hooked when they are young!

Sort of like feeding a single cheez-it to a mallard duck or a canada goose. All it takes is just one cheez-it, and they are hooked for life. They will do anything, anything, anything for just one more cheez-it! Hear it works for swans, too.

www.sanctuaryatc.org

http://www.unionleader.com/Changes-a...-liquor-stores

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-19-2016 at 09:23 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #14
Mr. V

We're better off with the young uns smoking weed and dealing with the munchies than we are them getting drunk and belligerent.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. V For This Useful Post:
thatguyonline (05-17-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #15
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
There seem to be a lot of these opening in NH lately.
I think it is three (3). I guess that could be a lot by some I suppose.

Gather the children and hunker down in the bomb shelter until all of this passes.

Don't use the stuff. Don't want to use the stuff.

But for those with cancer or other debilitating illnesses - well let them obtain this legally. Prescribed by a medical doctor MD.

And may God help those with all of this pain and vomiting.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
Givemethewholeclam (10-11-2019)