Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
dogma

Default Camp Resilience for Disabled Veterans

I had my first volunteer experience with Camp Resilience a couple of weeks ago. The Patriot Resilient Leader Institute, based in Gilford, runs monthly 3-5 day Camp Resilience and Equine Therapy sessions for disabled veterans mainly with PTSD. Activities include adaptive sports and life skill sessions. The group runs general sessions as well as specialized sessions for women, couples, caretakers, etc.

I learned through my volunteer experience that several local organizations and businesses support these sessions in various ways, including the Lake Winnipesaukee Sailing Association whose members offered the veterans attending the Couples session in June, the opportunity to sail while the Gilford Rotary provided a barbecue dinner after sailing.

To learn more about this group including upcoming sessions, volunteer opportunities and how to donate, please see their website at http://prli.us/ and follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007510668846.
dogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
dogma

Just noticed my typo. Veterans is correct spelling in title.
dogma is offline   Reply With Quote