Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
wynndog

Default Stream trout help

I am looking for good airated trout streams without driving an hour or more from Alton Bay.WP is no help, they act like it's top secret, especially stocking info. I used to fish the Poconos, walk for hours and catch ALOT. Her I find the Merrymeeting and small brooks you can jump across. Not looking to keep them either Thanks
wynndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #2
jazzman

The NHFG stocking is not a secret... Of course they won't tell you when and where they'll do it. Here is a link to where they have stocked in the past. There are quite a few places in Belknap County.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fish...g/current.html
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzman For This Useful Post:
wynndog (09-18-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
glennsteely

Thumbs up wynndog....

.....used to fish the Poconos? Are you from the Pocono area? We are from Jersey, and have big history with Winnipesaukee, but my brother owns up in the Poconos, it was cost effective and close and reminds us, kind of anyway, of NH. I would love to hear about some good, native trout spots in the PA "hills".....
Old 09-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
hockeypuck

Default Trout streams

Well,the fish and game has pretty much ended their stocking for the season. There aren't too many cold water streams that maintain the oxygen levels needed for trout to survive the hot months of summer near Alton. You could take a ride to the Baker River in Rumney but again water airation and temp may be a problem. Best bet is to drive much further north to fish the Connecticut River in Pittsburg with Murphy Dam and a bottom release of cold water year round.
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hockeypuck For This Useful Post:
wynndog (09-18-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
pops

There is a brook that runs beside Jesus Valley road that I have always had good luck at. I think it is a little low now.Also the Ela river that is right off rt11 in New Durham has produced very nice "brookies" for me. You can fish some spots from the road but need a canoe or jon boat to get to the good spots.
Pop's
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pops For This Useful Post:
wynndog (09-18-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #6
GTO

Default Saltmarsh pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynndog View Post
I am looking for good airated trout streams without driving an hour or more from Alton Bay.WP is no help, they act like it's top secret, especially stocking info. I used to fish the Poconos, walk for hours and catch ALOT. Her I find the Merrymeeting and small brooks you can jump across. Not looking to keep them either Thanks
Try Saltmarsh pond in Gilford. Very small pond but it is fed by some good streams and has some good sized trout. You can launch canoes and small boats (no motors). Some of the streams if you walk them have some good size pools