Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ..... Honda $nowblowers?

Today's LaDaSun has an ad from a local Gilford business for two different Honda tracked snowblowers at the reduced prices of about $2779 and $3199.

That's a lot of money for a snowblower considering my Troy-bilt 24" snowblower lists for $599, weighs about 175-lbs, is now six years old, and still gets the job done, for what I need.

Like, for the extra money, what does Honda give you ...... does it come with a Japanese snowblower girl who massages your lower back with the rubber snowblower tracks, after removing all the driveway snow, or what?
Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
CaptT820

Default It could be worse

Honda engines speak for themselves. They last forever and start first pull every time. Now I wont defend charging nearly $3K for a snowblower because I wouldn't pay for it either, but its the same argument with cars. I could pay $100K for a Tesla that gets me to work the same way a Honda Civic does for $25K. Its all a matter of preference. Not to mention, the civic would probably outlast the Tesla in the long run.

The real question is how long are you going to own, what is essentially an investment. If you are fickle, as most are, you'll own that snowblower 4-7 years and then get a new one. If you are planning on owning it 12 yrs plus, then it could be considered a good investment.

The truly amazing thing is that Honda makes an $8,000 snowblower, the HS1336i. I've seen this thing in person and it is almost the size of a small car and only blows snow. Again, they make it if you REALLY want to blow snow.
CaptT820 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptT820 For This Useful Post:
Skip (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
DBreskin

When winter storms find out you have a Honda snowblower in your garage, snow avoids your driveway and falls on your neighbors’ property.
DBreskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
kawishiwi

Default Well, not quite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBreskin View Post
When winter storms find out you have a Honda snowblower in your garage, snow avoids your driveway and falls on your neighbors’ property.
...but you could throw the snow there with one.
I had a 130 ft driveway and a big honda snow blower 20 yrs ago. It was spectacular. Dependable, threw snow a mile, and could excavate road plowed snow off the end of the driveway AFTER is started to re-freeze. Pretty sure it would throw a pile of pea gravel without issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to kawishiwi For This Useful Post:
Skip (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Skip

Thumbs up Totally agree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptT820 View Post
Honda engines speak for themselves.
I've owned both a Honda rototiller and track drive blower in the past. They are bullet proof, and worth the money especially for large areas or semi or professional use.

Downsized a bit but did splurge on the Ariens fuel injected snow blower last season. Yes, it cost $300 more than a comparable carbed unit but the ease of starting, throttle control and power made it worth while for me. Plus, I don't need to worry as much about ethanol.

As is with most things, you get what you pay for and you only need to pay for what you need......
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
Woody38

Smile

I have a John Deere bought in 2008 for around $5,000. It comes with a 44 inch snowthrower, tire chains and weights, 42 inch mower deck with hi lift blades and 2 bags. This machine does everything except trim the edges. It will throw snow about 40 feet any direction wanted. It has never failed to start.

------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote