Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Hoosier

Default Hydrogen sulfide in well water

We have a wicked H2S problem in our summer cottage's well water. Is there a knowledgeable [U]and reliable,[U] expert in the Lakes Region to advise and install a remediation system?
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
SAB1

Is it in your cold water, hot and cold water or just the hot water? I just recently battled this in hot water only. If you have it in the cold water chlorinating the well is likley your best bet and can be done by installing an cholinator that will drop tablets into the well. Probably run you about $1,000.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
jrc

I suggest that you use a name brand like Culligan. I'm a cheapskate but water systems need to work for a long time and you need parts for a long time.

We have an Iron Cleer system in our house to remove the H2S. There were two choices at the time, chlorine or this system. A chlorine system is much cheaper but you have to buy and fill chlorine. Plus one of the joys of well water is avoiding the city water chlorine taste.

The magic beads in my Iron Cleer system were just replaced after 13 years of trouble free operation. Other than the timer losing it's place during power outages, we never had any issues.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote