Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
smoke eater

Default NH state troopers

On the way up to NH yesterday the troopers were standing out at the toll stations and I was curious if anyone knows what they are targeting. They stopped the car behind me but i don't know if it was for seat belts or inspection sticker or what. Just curious
smoke eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #2
RLW

Thumbs up Toll booth tropper stop

To answer your question regarding the trooper at the toll booth. The State Police have their plane flying and they watch the cars, clock and watch how they behave in the traffic and when one is out of line they radio the troopers who are standing at the booths and the plane points out the color of the car and acknowledges when the trooper has the right one and then gives him all the details along with an incident number and all the info is also recorded on tape for court appreances. Listening to them on the scanner, they give out over a thousand tickets by the end of July. 99% of the time it is done at toll booths. for the one that is caught.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
Skip

Default It's all in the details (toll booth details, that is)

In addition to the radar detail aforementioned by RLW, they are also there to observe inspection and motor vehicle equipment violations, seat belt usage, open container and drug paraphenalia, DWI and even toll evaders!

Yep, even with fully uniformed NHSP officers standing by, some fools still attempt to evade the tolls (I observed such an individual attempt same Thursday afternoon about noon in the northbound stiles at the Hookset Tolls).

It is amazing what some people do in (or to) their cars in plain sight.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote