Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
WINNI BOB

Default New "LIVE - WEB CAM" @ Weirs Beach

Hi folks;

My "NEST" WebCam is on my porch near WIERS BEACH channel. I keep it open for the public to use. The cam is automatically turned on at 6:00 am and turns off at 7:00 pm...

It is located on my condo porch, and faces due west, with a great view of the lake all the way from the Weirs Beach channel and the Mount Washington boat dock (which is about 300 yards to the left of the cam picture), Governor's Island and Spindle Point are to the right of the picture. The view from my cam is, westerly, all the way down to Meridith, with the "Presidential" mountains in the back-drop.. It has a "full-screen" icon, and is a "LIVE" video.
As you may know the Weirs channel remains open all winter due to the constant water flow.

There is is white flag pole in the center of the web cam picture, and we do fly a nice, big, American flag during the season which will show viewers the wind speed and direction.

You may access the web cam by entering, or "left-click" on this link https://video.nest.com/live/4B5aUz6Fe7

Please let me know if you like the view......Enjoy my camera !

WINNI BOB

Last edited by WINNI BOB; 03-14-2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Update info
WINNI BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WINNI BOB For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (04-12-2019), BroadHopper (03-16-2020), chasedawg (04-11-2019), coltgov101 (03-17-2020), Descant (04-12-2019), Hillcountry (04-01-2020), moose tracks (04-12-2019), Pineedles (04-13-2019), rick35 (04-11-2019), upthesaukee (04-12-2019), winniwannabe (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #2
radar4401

Default new webcam

Thanks for the new cam. Watched for a little bit this morning. Nice view
radar4401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Wow, awesome. Thank you so much that ia a great view. I love the nest cam's they are the best and crystal clear
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #4
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Wow, awesome. Thank you so much that ia a great view. I love the nest cam's they are the best and crystal clear
My wife bought me a Blink system with one camera for Xmas. I hooked the camera up on an opposite wall facing my WiFi T-stat because if bugs me when my t-stat goes off line in the winter even when my internet is working. This way I can access the camera and see the temp in the house. Just peace of mind to know that the house is not freezing up on me.
I'm amazed how great it works and very easy to use even for an old fart like me. I'm gonna buy a few more to add to the system.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
My wife bought me a Blink system with one camera for Xmas. I hooked the camera up on an opposite wall facing my WiFi T-stat because if bugs me when my t-stat goes off line in the winter even when my internet is working. This way I can access the camera and see the temp in the house. Just peace of mind to know that the house is not freezing up on me.
I'm amazed how great it works and very easy to use even for an old fart like me. I'm gonna buy a few more to add to the system.
How is the Blink quality compared to Nest?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
How is the Blink quality compared to Nest?
It's seems equally good with my bad eyes. I can't see what I can't see.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (04-12-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
WJT2

Thank you WINNI BOB. Nice view, a bit foggy this morning, but on a clear day you'll see all the way to LAGO!
WJT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #8
Pineedles

It's always nice to have a new view of the lake. Thank you.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #9
WeirsGurl

Default Dad!!!!!!

Hey dad, it would be great if you'd take this webcam down, or post a warning that we do disconnect all cams when us residents are there. No one should have access to our personal home or conversations.

From your loving (but slightly annoyed) daughter, Wendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNI BOB View Post
http://video.nest.com/live/4B5aUz6Fe7

Hi folks;

I just posted yesterday info regarding my new NEST WEB CAM @ WEIRS BEACH. It shows a great view from The WEIRS BEACH, and stretching all the way west to Meridith bay. The WEB CAM is LIVE, FULL-PAGE, with SOUND, and is PASSWORD-FREE.

Just search for NEW NEST CAM at WEIRS BEACH or left-click or enter.....

https://video.nest.com/live/4B5aUz6Fe7
WeirsGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WeirsGurl For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #10
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsGurl View Post
Hey dad, it would be great if you'd take this webcam down, or post a warning that we do disconnect all cams when us residents are there. No one should have access to our personal home or conversations.

From your loving (but slightly annoyed) daughter, Wendy
LOL...I have heard conversations or other background noise when looking at this cam. Just have him shut the sound off Wendy!
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:38 PM   #11
WeirsGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
LOL...I have heard conversations or other background noise when looking at this cam. Just have him shut the sound off Wendy!
Unfortunately, he is 80 years old, and can be a little, ummmm, forgetful, LOL! So, we play it safe and unplug everything when we arrive. Can you imagine thinking it's ok to have sound on while we are all sitting there conversing (right next to that camera)?????? I don't even feel safe calling him on the phone while he is there, as he only uses speaker phone on his cell. Can't do nuthin' but shake our damn heads! Ha Ha!
WeirsGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WeirsGurl For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #12
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsGurl View Post
Unfortunately, he is 80 years old, and can be a little, ummmm, forgetful, LOL! So, we play it safe and unplug everything when we arrive. Can you imagine thinking it's ok to have sound on while we are all sitting there conversing (right next to that camera)?????? I don't even feel safe calling him on the phone while he is there, as he only uses speaker phone on his cell. Can't do nuthin' but shake our damn heads! Ha Ha!
Wendy, no worries, you will find that most boaters are very social and enjoy good conversation.

Would you accept a list of subjects we would like you to discuss while you are at the house? And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, would you mind turning he camera around so it faces into the house? ( I mean, we already have a camera at the Weirs but it would be interesting to know what is going on at your house)
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #13
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Wendy, no worries, you will find that most boaters are very social and enjoy good conversation.

Would you accept a list of subjects we would like you to discuss while you are at the house? And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, would you mind turning he camera around so it faces into the house? ( I mean, we already have a camera at the Weirs but it would be interesting to know what is going on at your house)
Maybe the video will be picked up and it could be a new reality show.

Winnibob and Wendy @ Weir’s Beach!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 08-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #14
Hillcountry

WINNIE BOB’s Cam is “missing in action”
Anyone know why?
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #15
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
WINNIE BOB’s Cam is “missing in action”

Anyone know why?
His family turns it off when they are at the home for privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (08-21-2019)
Old 03-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #16
WINNI BOB

Default Ice conditions near Weirs Beach channel

Hi folks;

I just returned home to Somerville, Ma today (3/15/2020). I was up the lake for the past few days, watching the ice getting ready to "Disappear"...The Webcam is working great, except when my girls are up the Condo Ha Ha

Looks like a lot is going to happen in the next few days. A couple more windy days, and a couple of days near 50 degrees should do it. With a little bit of luck I should be boating and fishing by next weekend. The rest of the lake should be open to fishing and boating by 3/25-29/2020. Too bad, my "ICE-OUT" Guess is 4/2/2020.

Just remember...pickerel, bass, and white and yellow perch, only ...till April 1st (fools day).

Good luck , all

Winni Bob
Old 03-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #17
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNI BOB View Post
Hi folks;

Just remember...pickerel, bass, and white and yellow perch, only ...till April 1st (fools day).

Good luck , all

Winni Bob
Thanks for the live view out to Meredith or Weirs Bay, and how does one legally comply with the 'no trout fishing before April 1 through natural openings in the ice' State of NH rule.

Do you simply toss a caught trout back into the lake, or is it about what you are using for a fly or a lure on the end of the fishing line?
Old 03-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #18
WINNI BOB

Default Ice conditions near Weirs Beach channel

Hi;

I called the fish and game dept, today. They explained it quite well.

Because Winni and some other lakes are considered "special" lakes with stocked trout and salmon, it is subject to special restrictions. So, the rule about the taking of bass, perch, etc is exempt from these lakes, through natural openings, prior to April 1st.

That means "NO FISHING OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED TILL APRIL 1st" on these"Special Lakes"
Old 03-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #19
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Privacy issue?

Great image quality. I'm curious what the response of other HOA members will be when we can all watch their comings and goings on the docks. Some folks are more sensitive about their privacy than others.

Section 644:9
644:9 Violation of Privacy. –
I. A person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if such person unlawfully and without the consent of the persons entitled to privacy therein, installs or uses:
(a) Any device for the purpose of observing, photographing, recording, amplifying, broadcasting, or in any way transmitting images or sounds of the private body parts of a person including the genitalia, buttocks, or female breasts, or a person's body underneath that person's clothing; or
(b) In any private place, any device for the purpose of observing, photographing, recording, amplifying or broadcasting, or in any way transmitting images or sounds in such place; or
(c) Outside a private place, any device for the purpose of hearing, recording, amplifying, broadcasting, observing, or in any way transmitting images, location, movement, or sounds originating in such place which would not ordinarily be audible, visible, or comprehensible outside such place.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #20
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNI BOB;

That means[B
"NO FISHING OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED TILL APRIL 1st"[/B] on these"Special Lakes"
So now I know, that before April 1 will have to settle for filet-o-fishing at McDonald's for that wild caught Alaskan Pollock, filet-o-fish!
Old 03-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #21
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Have we seen this before?
FLL trolls, throws out the bait.
TW (and a couple of other routine posters) bite, and get hooked, hard. Then the thread goes off on another tangent. FLL is very good at what he does, catching suckers.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (03-18-2020), thinkxingu (03-16-2020), Top-Water (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 03:38 AM   #22
fatlazyless

No, I didn't know for sure what's what with fishing Lake Winnipesaukee before April 1 through open water, or natural openings in the ice.

When the State of NH fishing rule says 'no fishing for a specific fish' and you are also allowed to be fishing for a different species, it seems the fly or lure used says what type fish you are trying to attract, but not necessarily, so it's confusing how to follow the rule?

So, now we know that all open water fishing on Lake Winnipesaukee is closed before April 1, and not just for trout and salmon.

Here's another question; is it legal to fish the Winnipesaukee River before April 1 through natural openings in the river ice, and what's the Fish & Game thinking with that rule?
Old 03-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #23
WINNI BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Great image quality. I'm curious what the response of other HOA members will be when we can all watch their comings and goings on the docks. Some folks are more sensitive about their privacy than others.

Section 644:9
644:9 Violation of Privacy. –
I. A person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if such person unlawfully and without the consent of the persons entitled to privacy therein, installs or uses:
(a) Any device for the purpose of observing, photographing, recording, amplifying, broadcasting, or in any way transmitting images or sounds of the private body parts of a person including the genitalia, buttocks, or female breasts, or a person's body underneath that person's clothing; or
(b) In any private place, any device for the purpose of observing, photographing, recording, amplifying or broadcasting, or in any way transmitting images or sounds in such place; or
(c) Outside a private place, any device for the purpose of hearing, recording, amplifying, broadcasting, observing, or in any way transmitting images, location, movement, or sounds originating in such place which would not ordinarily be audible, visible, or comprehensible outside such place.

I have had the camera up for a year, not one person has had an unfavorable comment, so far. In fact, Everyone that I have heard from has been very glad the cam is there(except my own girls), and I allow them to shut it off when they want. However, if a stranger did complain, I would honor their privacy, and take it down. I would not be happy, but I would understand.....Winni Bob
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WINNI BOB For This Useful Post:
Descant (03-17-2020), Hillcountry (03-18-2020), Top-Water (03-17-2020)