Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
Newcomers

Default Boating slip alternatives?

Last year was our first year on Lake Winni. Found a slip for $1,200 for the season but only went out 5 times all summer ( I know- my fault!). I started looking this year early around wolfeboro but seems the rates start about $2,000.Yikes- when you only use the boat ocassionally.

I heard yesterday there are some marina that charge to park your boat on their land leaving it on your trailer. When you plan to use the boat you call ahead and they put your boat in the water ready to go. When you return, you leave it tied to their dock and they retrieve it back onto your trailer and park it.

If this is the case- do you know of any I could inquire about? Any details you have about the quality of their service and fees also appreciated!

Thanks!
Newcomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
salty dog

Default Trailer storage

A few years ago my wife and I fell in love with Winni and began trailering the boat up when we wanted to go. We finally decided to find a marina that would store the boat on the trailer and could launch from there. As it turned out, Andrew's Marina in Minge Cove just 8 minutes up Rt 11 out of Alton was a great choice. If you call ahead they will have the boat launched and waiting or you can come put in yourself. Thier rates are very competitive and Debbie and the staff are great; however we go almost every weekend. If you boat, say only 6 times per summer, it's cheaper to trailer. I would definitely talk with Debbie for details, but soon, because I know those spots are filling up fast. Happy boating!
Newcomers (04-02-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

You're essentially valeting the boat here--is the trailer vs. rack storage much different in price? I think Trexler's, where we are, charges $80/foot for the whole season. Not much less expensive than what you found for a slip, but they'll cover, vacuum, and fill it up for you.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-02-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
robmac

I do ramp service at Shep Browns Boat Basin and its a fraction of the cost of slip or valet and you can use it as much or as little as you want. Give them a call plenty of parking and service and fuel. Rob
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robmac For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-02-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
Just Sold

Fay's Boat Yard in Gilford has rack storage at $90.00/Lineal foot; minimum $1,800.00 or Trailer and Ramp (w/Outside Storage) $950.00. A great central location on the south side of the lake.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-02-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomers View Post
Last year was our first year on Lake Winni. Found a slip for $1,200 for the season but only went out 5 times all summer ( I know- my fault!). I started looking this year early around wolfeboro but seems the rates start about $2,000.Yikes- when you only use the boat ocassionally.

I heard yesterday there are some marina that charge to park your boat on their land leaving it on your trailer. When you plan to use the boat you call ahead and they put your boat in the water ready to go. When you return, you leave it tied to their dock and they retrieve it back onto your trailer and park it.

If this is the case- do you know of any I could inquire about? Any details you have about the quality of their service and fees also appreciated!

Thanks!
$2000 is a very reasonable price for the entire season. Where is it?
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjard For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-02-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #7
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjard View Post
$2000 is a very reasonable price for the entire season. Where is it?
Guessing back bay... We considered slipping there because of the low price when we had a boat that fit under the bridge. Our current boat does not fit so it's moot.

Robert's Cove Marina might have an on-site/on-trailer storage option, would be worth a look.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-08-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #8
glastron guy

We have been keeping out boat at Meredith Marina for the last three years. I give them an hours notice and it's in the water ready to go. They have been super to deal with and very accommodating. Price is 1850.00 for the season with unlimited in and outs.
glastron guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to glastron guy For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-08-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #9
jeffk

I have a friend who uses Meredith Marina as well and is very happy with their service. I expect to use it this year or next as well. FYI, you don't have to have a trailer.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
Newcomers (04-08-2015)