Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #101
SIKSUKR

Lock,lock,lock,lock.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #102
wifi

Maybe Shreddy and Lakesrider can meet there for dinner some night, see whose luck works out the best
The Following User Says Thank You to wifi For This Useful Post:
Shreddy (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #103
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
Maybe Shreddy and Lakesrider can meet there for dinner some night, see whose luck works out the best
Hey, I don't have anything to complain about! I've gotten great service and am content with business in general around the Lakes Region. I just hate when people making personal attacks on business based on one or two bad experiences. Usually I don't care so much and probably shouldn't because it generates publicity, but I do really enjoy Canoe so felt obliged to voice my experience.

For what it's worth, I recently bought a Restaurant.com gift certificate to a local restaurant, the next day I attempted to use it and the waitress was not overly kind or explanatory in telling me that they weren't honoring them. I bit my tongue, enjoyed my meal, paid the bill and figured there's worse things to complain about. Will I go back? Even with the sub-par service? Yup.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #104
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I'd go have a beer with Shreddy anytime. Just because we have a difference of opinion on a restaurant doesn't make us mortal enemies. At least I certainly hope not. Life is short. Live it well....
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Shreddy (10-09-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #105
BrownstoneNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
....For what it's worth, I recently bought a Restaurant.com gift certificate to a local restaurant, the next day I attempted to use it and the waitress was not overly kind or explanatory in telling me that they weren't honoring them. I bit my tongue, enjoyed my meal, paid the bill and figured there's worse things to complain about. Will I go back? Even with the sub-par service? Yup.
There are undoubtedly worse things to complain about but gotta ask WHY, if you know of a restaurant refusing to honor a current certificate that this restaurant is offering for purchase on Restaurant.com, you seem to think there's something noble about protecting the restaurant rather than preventing other innocent potential customers from also getting stuck with a dud.

(I'm not even going to ask why you ate at the restaurant anyway and expect to do so again despite the "sub-par service.")

I hope you at least reported it to Restaurant.com to get restitution of a sort:

http://tinyurl.com/8mngvsl

What should I do if a restaurant won't accept my Restaurant Gift Certificate?

This is an incredibly unusual situation! However, if something should happen that results in the restaurant not accepting your Restaurant Gift Certificate, we will make it right for you!

Our Customer Service department will immediately exchange your unused Restaurant Gift Certificate for equivalent credit to Restaurant.com in the form of a Restaurant.com eGift Card. You can then use your Restaurant.com eGift Card to choose another Restaurant Gift Certificate or Merchant Certificate from Restaurant.com.

Please accept our apology and Submit a Question by clicking here. Include the Restaurant Certificate number in your email. You will receive a confirmation email with the credit and instructions on how to redeem.

We really appreciate the time it takes for you to report such an event! Once you report an issue, we will also work dillegently with that restaurant to ensure there are no further problems with certificate redemption.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #106
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth View Post
There are undoubtedly worse things to complain about but gotta ask WHY, if you know of a restaurant refusing to honor a current certificate that this restaurant is offering for purchase on Restaurant.com, you seem to think there's something noble about protecting the restaurant rather than preventing other innocent potential customers from also getting stuck with a dud.

(I'm not even going to ask why you ate at the restaurant anyway and expect to do so again despite the "sub-par service.")

I hope you at least reported it to Restaurant.com to get restitution of a sort:

http://tinyurl.com/8mngvsl

What should I do if a restaurant won't accept my Restaurant Gift Certificate?

This is an incredibly unusual situation! However, if something should happen that results in the restaurant not accepting your Restaurant Gift Certificate, we will make it right for you!

Our Customer Service department will immediately exchange your unused Restaurant Gift Certificate for equivalent credit to Restaurant.com in the form of a Restaurant.com eGift Card. You can then use your Restaurant.com eGift Card to choose another Restaurant Gift Certificate or Merchant Certificate from Restaurant.com.

Please accept our apology and Submit a Question by clicking here. Include the Restaurant Certificate number in your email. You will receive a confirmation email with the credit and instructions on how to redeem.

We really appreciate the time it takes for you to report such an event! Once you report an issue, we will also work dillegently with that restaurant to ensure there are no further problems with certificate redemption.
Without attempting to get off topic because this thread is about Canoe, to answer your question, the restaurant I was at I frequent often. I would patronize the establishment regardless of whether I had the gift certificate. I meant to contact restaurant.com regarding the issue but have been too tied up (this incidence happened about a month ago). Needless to say, I received an email a few days ago from restaurant.com informing me about the issue and that they will resolve it.

Bottom line, yes I was upset I spent money on the gift certificates and couldn't use them. I knew that the minimal amount of money I spent on them was certainly not worth getting my panties in a bunch. In this case, patience ended up solving the problem for me.

Now, back onto the topic of Canoe...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #107
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post

Now, back onto the topic of Canoe...
I have made my feelings about Canoe known (love it and am glad it is close to home).

I do want to note that Scott and his team are very good to the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club and the Lakes Region Sail & Power Squadron, two organizations to which I belong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
canoe (10-09-2012), Irrigation Guy (10-10-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #108
Acrossamerica

Default Dead Horse

This dead horse that has been beaten for way to long is beginning to smell. Can we move on. Surely there are other eating establishments worthy of a rave or a rant.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Acrossamerica For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (10-09-2012), JanN (10-09-2012), Lakesrider (10-09-2012), Merrymeeting (10-10-2012), NoBozo (10-09-2012)
Closed Thread