Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
George Soderberg

Default Wolfeboro Inn Food Tasting

Winni forum/Wolfeboro Inn users:

I have unexpectedly (to our delight) received 3 requests to be "tasters" for upcoming menu items. Given that kind of positive response, I am inviting an intimate number of 10 invitations for anyone who would like to participate. Therefore, currently 7 spots still available.

We will likely hold "the event" the last week of January/first week of February. With such a diverse group getting a date you can all make it may be challenging. It is my intention to announce 3 potential dates. The date that allows for the most attendees will be the winner.

If you are interested in participating, please reply to my email address listed above. We look forward to a nice evening.

George
George Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post:
DRH (01-15-2012), Lakegeezer (01-15-2012), nicole (02-06-2012), RLW (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Sandy Island fan

Unhappy Bummed!

I wish I didn't live two hours away!
Sandy Island fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
gokart-mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Soderberg View Post
Winni forum/Wolfeboro Inn users:

I have unexpectedly (to our delight) received 3 requests to be "tasters" for upcoming menu items. Given that kind of positive response, I am inviting an intimate number of 10 invitations for anyone who would like to participate. Therefore, currently 7 spots still available.

We will likely hold "the event" the last week of January/first week of February. With such a diverse group getting a date you can all make it may be challenging. It is my intention to announce 3 potential dates. The date that allows for the most attendees will be the winner.

If you are interested in participating, please reply to my email address listed above. We look forward to a nice evening.

George
Mr. & Mrs. Gokart-mozart hereby volunteer. Can't find a contact email, I'll call you tomorrow.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart-mozart View Post
Mr. & Mrs. Gokart-mozart hereby volunteer. Can't find a contact email, I'll call you tomorrow.
Here is the e-mail address.
gsoderberg@haycreekhotels.com
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Hermit Cover

Thumbs up Great idea, George!

Look forward to hearing from you....have sent an email. A welcome plan and I'm sure will increase good responses from the "Forum" Folks.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
George Soderberg

Default Sold out

We are officially sold out! Thank you for your participation and volunteering. I will be in touch with those of you who offered their time shortly on the details.

George
Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
NoBozo

Quote:
We are officially sold out! Thank you for your participation and volunteering. I will be in touch with those of you who offered their time shortly on the details.

George
SOLD OUT:...?? I thought this "Tasting" was FREE......I thought All WE (Tasters) had to do... was say nice things about the INN on Winni.com. to get the Free Stuff... I guess I'm confused again. I hate being over 70... NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Bear Island South

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
SOLD OUT:...?? I thought this "Tasting" was FREE......I thought All WE (Tasters) had to do... was say nice things about the INN on Winni.com. to get the Free Stuff... I guess I'm confused again. I hate being over 70... NB
invitation was for 10
you snooze, you lose
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
NoBozo

Where's my Walker..?? NB
Old 01-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
Bear247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
invitation was for 10
you snooze, you lose
The open window on a chance for free food was going to close very quickly..
Bear247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
Neko

George,
When are the tasters going to be notified?
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
George,
Didn't you get the password....? You have to put it in the Subject line to get a response. NB
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
Neko

Default Wolfeboro Inn

NB,
Thanks for the advice
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
George,

George Soderberg
Quote:
I will be in touch with those of you who offered their time shortly on the details.

George
Here is his response!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Barbara

I has lunch today at the Wolfeboro Inn. We were seated immediately by the friendly hostess. our server was great, very efficient and attentive. My friend and I both had salads. Had the spinach salad with steak tips, huge and delicious. Things really seem to have come together there. I am so happy, both for the management and for all of us in Wolfeboro who have wanted nothing but success for the Inn.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
camp guy (01-25-2012), CateP (02-04-2012), Pineedles (01-25-2012), RLW (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
COWISLANDDONZI

Default great "event" tonight!!

Nice to meet everyone tonight and the Wolfeboro Inn Staff was excellent!!! I am officially a duck lover. By far the best dinning experience I ever had. Thank You Wolfeboro Inn!!!
COWISLANDDONZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
Bear Island South

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWISLANDDONZI View Post
Nice to meet everyone tonight and the Wolfeboro Inn Staff was excellent!!! I am officially a duck lover. By far the best dinning experience I ever had. Thank You Wolfeboro Inn!!!
Was this the menu tasting event?

What else besides duck was on the menu...we are all waiting to hear what the new choices will be.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
Quilt Lady

It has been several years since I last visited the Wolfeboro Inn for dinner. At that time the food was mediocre at best and the service less than average. Since there were many other places to spend my "dining out dollars", I have not been back.

Friday night I was one of the lucky "tasters" at the Wolfeboro Inn. It was one of the most interesting dining experiences I have ever had. We sat around a large table (away from the regular diners) and sampled selections from the current menu and dishes being considered for the menu. If what we were served is an indication of the overall menu, the Wolfeboro Inn is worth trying again. I could go all "foodie" describing it all but I'll just say that everything I tasted was a treat for the taste buds. I can not pick a favorite . . . except maybe dessert (fabulous!).

But what really impressed me the most was the enthusiasm of our host and the staff. They seemed very excited about what they were doing. They wanted feedback . . . good and bad. They want this venture to succeed and are geared up to make it the best. With that kind of enthusiasm at the upper levels, it should inspire the rest of the staff to put forth their best efforts as well. Sounds like a winning recipe to me!

Thank you, George, for the chance to change my mind about the Wolfeboro Inn. I will be back, with a bunch of friends!

(Doing my best to encourage Global Warming ... one quilt at a time!)
Quilt Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quilt Lady For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (02-04-2012), RLW (02-04-2012), Slickcraft (02-04-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
Greene's Basin Girl

My husband and I were also fortunate enough to attend the food tasting at the Wolfeboro Inn. George Soderberg not only greeted us, but he was also the quintessential host. The chefs were equally enjoyable. We tasted so many delightful luncheon and dinner menu items as well as numerous scrumptious desserts. Some of our favorites were the cuban pulled pork panini; the asparagus fries;the eggplant crostini;the bear island blue burger;the roasted pear,bacon and goat cheese salad;and the short rib shepherd pie. The entire event was a wonderful experience. We will definitely be going the the Inn for lunch and dinner. I certainly hope you will give the restaurant a try. You will be glad you did. You might want to try it on Valentine's Day. The upcoming menu was read to us and everything sounded yummy.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
COWISLANDDONZI (02-04-2012), Redwing (02-06-2012), riverat (02-04-2012), RLW (02-04-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
DRH

Thumbs up Superb!

I agree with the previous comments about the "tasting" event at the Wolfeboro Inn/Wolfe's Tavern last evening. George Soderberg is a true professional (as well as a real gentleman), who wants very much to correct the previous shortcomings at the Inn, which he fully acknowledged, and do whatever he can to provide an appealing menu and excellent service to the Inn's patrons.

The table for the 10 of us who participated was right in the kitchen, which gave us the opportunity to meet and converse directly with the head chef about the dishes he served to us. George spent the entire time with us as the sample dishes were presented and fully described. He sincerely wanted our honest comments, both pro and con, about each dish, as did the head chef. Actually, there were many "pros" and very few "cons".

My favorite dishes were the "Short Rib Shepherd Pie" and the "Pan Bronzed Duck Breast". Both were delicious, although the "Turkey Panini" and "Cuban Pulled Pork Panini" samples, which are proposed luncheon menu items, were also excellent. (Actually, every sample we tasted was excellent!)

I would recommend that anyone who may have been less than enthusiastic about a previous meal at the Inn to give it another try. I can tell you that QL and I will be back!
GsChinadoll (02-04-2012), RLW (02-04-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #21
CateP

Default Menu Tasting

I too was one of the fortunate people to attend the menu tasting at the Wolfeboro Inn and I felt like we should have been on the Food channel. Amazing experience. I encouraged George to invite a different group next time so everyone who is interested gets a chance to do this. (I was having a generous moment and hope I get some karma points for that).

Anyway since no one has given details about what we tasted here it is, direct from the tasting menu. (PDF)
I personally LOVED everything, especially the chicken, which I will now have a craving for. I think the only thing the group wasn't thrilled about was the tuna.

As far as I'm concerned the Wolfeboro Inn will be a first choice for dining this year.

And to my forum friends who dined with me last night...you are all wonderful people. Very fun, interesting, funny people.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf WolfeboroInn.pdf (923.4 KB, 623 views)
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CateP For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (02-05-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
Tir Na Nog

Default All Agreed, Tasting a Hit

I just wanted to add my agreement to those posting about last night's tasting event. George and his management team did an excellent job, starting with the menu selections, the incredible execution of those selections, great service and open minds welcoming all comments and suggestions. The Inn is striving for a somewhat unique and challenging balance of offering traditional and welcome New England fare, while allowing the Chef to show his incredible talents. Based on last nights menu and execution, I believe they can and have achieved that balance. In addition, George expressed and ardent and sincere desire to ensure any service issues of the past are well behind and not to return. I would suggest that any visitors to the Inn ask for George or any of his management team if ever a service issue should arise so they can address it immediately, rather than suffer in silence and post later, something I have done myself. As I have said, I always want to like this place and believe I can safely say we have another great option in Wolfeboro. I will have to disagee with Cate's comments on the Tuna. I thought it was an incredibly tasty, fresh, sushi grade tuna (as good and fresh a grade of tuna I have had, and I have tasted tuna fresh pulled from the sea on my brother's fishing charter). My only thought was that it could have been improved by being sliced differently. All in all a great evening, with great food and company
Tir Na Nog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tir Na Nog For This Useful Post:
COWISLANDDONZI (02-04-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
Hermit Cover

Thumbs up A Rare Treat...

A very unique experience is that of being served by management and the executive chef at the "chef's table". Books have been written about the word famous Chef's Table experiences at Chef Thomas Keller's French Laundry in Napa Valley and Chef Tory McPhail's legendary kitchen dining experience at New Orlean's Commander's Palace. Last nite 12 of us Forum People were invited to taste and test Chef Hoke Wilson's culinary art and sample potential new menu items at the Wolfeboro Inn...specifically the Wolfe's Tavern Restaurant. The results are written in the above Forum entries......a superb effort, by Gen. Mgr. George Soderberg and his staff. The Chef's Table at the Wolfeboro Inn was great.....the Tavern was nearly full at 7PM when we left.....and so were we! The food was generally very good...it's refreshing to see a restaurant doing things to be better.

There's no better advertising than word of mouth recommendations and word seems to travel fast here at the Lakes Region....Mrs. HC and I were pleasantly surprised and will surely be back with family and friends....it's well worth a short walk up from the docks( weather permitting) The new menu items have been described in detail...the results....a home run (is it OK to say that on Super Bowl weekend?) has been hit by Wolfe's Tavern... Thanks, George for including us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermit Cover For This Useful Post:
barefootbay (02-04-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
Barbara

I think I'm the last of the tasters to weigh in. My fellow dining companions have said it all. There's nothing left for me to say. Bravo, George and Chef Hoke. We were treated like VIP's and our opinions were eagely sought and valued. Just the fact that George came up with this idea to seek the input of members of the community speaks so highly of his efforts to make the Inn the best it can be.

I enjoyed meeting all of you who participated in this event. It was such a warm and friendly group of people. Now we have a job to do. Let's spread the word to our family, friend, neighbors and acquaintances and let them know that the Inn is on it's way to being better than it's ever been.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
surfnsnow

this is great news, when i was a kid ('70's) in melvin village it was either wolfeboro inn or the other restaurant up by allen a on 109 that was a treat.good to see a comeback for an old favorite
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #26
barefootbay

Do you mean the Bittersweet restaurant ?
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
surfnsnow

thats the one, could'nt remember it.
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #28
SIKSUKR

Default Good move to invite all the forum members

Wow!Talk about a 180 degree turn from the op.Good news but a controled environment as this testing was is not the bellweather of what awaits normal dinner seatings.The food sounds great.Lets hope the service matches in the future.Time will tell.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default The Penquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnsnow View Post
this is great news, when i was a kid ('70's) in melvin village it was either wolfeboro inn or the other restaurant up by allen a on 109 that was a treat.good to see a comeback for an old favorite
I remember The Penquin Restuarant and Lounge. It was a hopping place with bands on weekends. The food was good.

Last edited by BroadHopper; 02-06-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
RLW

Default Check some of the most resent comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Wow!Talk about a 180 degree turn from the op.Good news but a controled environment as this testing was is not the bellweather of what awaits normal dinner seatings.The food sounds great.the se Lets hope service matches in the future.Time will tell.:eek:
Counting myself and my bride and if you review many of the most resent inputs before the tasting, it sure sounds to me that the under lined part of the quote has been done and hopefully it will continue. I know that there are many great comments since we were there on Christmas eve.

Last edited by RLW; 02-07-2012 at 05:31 PM.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RLW For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (02-06-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
Barbara

Go to www.tripadvisor.com and read the reviews for Wolf's Tavern that have been posted in the last few months. Most have been excellent.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #32
Jonas Pilot

Default Your a grouch!

Quote:

George

Where's my Walker..?? NB

Quote:
George,
Didn't you get the password....? You have to put it in the Subject line to get a response. NB

It's nice to see that some (10) people have had a good/excellent experience at the Wolfeboro Inn "Tasting". It shows that the Inn is capable.....if perhaps only on a selective basis.

I'm inclined to think that the great majority of those who read this forum however will be Un-impressed...........but reluctant to drag it down because...well... everyone here wants to see the INN succeed...Myself included. NB

PS: The Wolfeboro Inn was once our favorite place, and it will be again, under new management.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
Hermit Cover

Thumbs up Tasting...

The the previous post mentions 10 tasters in attendance at the "new menu items" tasting last week...there were 12 good Forum Folks at the table...did two not like the experience...?? Are we missing something?? Someone?? The effort was well-received...the food was critiqued..and all seemed to enjoy the evening....I do believe the the number should be 12.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
SIKSUKR

I believe a few members had their spouses with them.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
beagle

Default I don't get it

You're a grouch??? Post #1 invites 10 people to try the new menu. Ten people responded and attended. I don't think it was meant to be an open invitation to free food for the whole forum, that would be too expensive. In addition, I am sure Mr. Soderberg wanted to hear everyone's opinions in detail which is why he only invited 10 people. I hope I misunderstood and you were just joking with this post . BTW, we had dinner there about a month ago and enjoyed both the food and service very much!
beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
Newbiesaukee

What we seem to have here is the common internet miscommunication.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #37
Jonas Pilot

"You're a grouch" was for NB.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #38
camp guy

Default Inn food tasting

Hey, Jonas Pilot, don't you think "SOLD OUT" was used as an expression to indicate 'all spaces taken', and not in the sense of money? I do.
camp guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
Jonas Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
Hey, Jonas Pilot, don't you think "SOLD OUT" was used as an expression to indicate 'all spaces taken', and not in the sense of money? I do.
Of course.What else could it have meant?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #40
NoBozo

I'm not a grouch. NB
Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #41
Merrymeeting

Perhaps a logistics issue. I originally responded and was accepted. Due to a business trip, I couldn't make it. I told George and he was very prompt and gracious in his responses (several). Those who would nit-pick a voluntary, well-intentioned effort...
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #42
Pineedles

Default George

My apologies for our dysfunctional group of idiots. Don't blast me fellow idiots, we are the kind of idiots that Damon described. As a team, we're winners!

I look forward to enjoying a new 1st meal and then many at the Wolfeboro Inn in the future. If DRH and Quilt Lady says its thumbs up, I know there are honest opinions being expressed.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
DRH (02-13-2012)
Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #43
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
My apologies for our dysfunctional group of idiots.
I hope you included me in that group.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
George Soderberg

Default Upate

First, I want to thank you all for a wonderful evening. We enjoyed being of service to you, exploring culinary options and most importantly developing friendships. We appreciate your participation and honest feedback. To be clear to all on the forum there was no “gag” order requested or desired. We ask you to tell it like you see it and would expect no less from these events. You will be pleased to know that the new lunch menu will be in effect Thursday February 23. The Panini’s were a big hit, especially the Cuban – we use real Panini bread by the way.

Based on the feedback we received I am pleased to announce that we will be hosting 2-3 more Chef’s Tables this year. The next one will be in March or early April. There were a couple of people that had responded the first time who were unable to make the dinner so, providing you can make the next date you’re in. It was recommended that we try to focus not just on Wolfeboro but Tuftonboro. I had no idea who would respond when I opened the invitation, so on this advice the next round is for Tuftonboro residents. The following two will be wide open. One exception, I am extending a personal invitation to NoBozo and his bride of 40+ years for the upcoming event.

We will continue to work hard to earn your trust. As you know I truly believe that the forum played a part in the many lasting changes that have improved the experience at the Tavern. A business that has been open for as long as we have will have has its ups and downs over the years - decades. We’re pushing “up” ward’s and onwards. And we do not and will not take anything for granted.

As soon as I have dates I’ll let you know - same process. Thanks again and I hope to see you in the Tavern soon.

George

PS. I was slangin’ it when I said “Sold out”

PPS. For those of you interested in receiving weekly email blasts on specials, drink specials, promotions, etc. please send me you email address and I’ll add you to the list.

PPPS. Sorry, for those of you I spoke to about this, my youngest son (starting freshman point guard - yes I’m bragging) won the State Championship Wednesday night. Wahoo!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post:
DRH (02-17-2012), eillac@dow (02-17-2012), jkjoshuatree (02-18-2012), Jonas Pilot (02-17-2012), RLW (02-18-2012), trfour (02-19-2012)
Old 02-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #45
NoBozo

Default George

Hi GEORGE..You are very gracious with your offer. We don't get up to the lake very often. Usually in September. We WILL give the Inn another chance then. We will NOT identify ourselves and we will pay the bill no matter what. Then we will post our experience. Does that seem fair enough..? Regards: NB
Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #46
Heaven

I was going to suggest the Inn for a group of friends tomorrow, but I don't see access to the menu from the website?
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #47
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
I was going to suggest the Inn for a group of friends tomorrow, but I don't see access to the menu from the website?
You can view the menu here: http://wolfestavern.com/lakes_region...rant_menus.php
Old 02-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #48
George Soderberg

Default NoBozo

It sounds more than fair. We appreciate it. A new chef, a new team, a new attitude. All we ask is an opportunity. Thank you. At some point, and this is an industry wish as well (I believe Tir Na Nog suggested it on the forum) it would be nice for all establishments to develop a relationship with their patrons that is one on one. So when there are suggestions or experiences for recommendation patrons are seeking out the management team first and allow all of us the opportunity to address or correct - some day.

In the mean time I appreciate your willingness to at least try and we look forward to anonymously serving you.

George
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #49
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Last night

The family and friends attended the Kinswood hockey game last night at Pop Whalen Arena. A good friend of the family's boy scored his first goal in his first varsity game. I suggested we all celebrate at the tavern.

We arrive around 8:30. Since there wasn't a host/hostess available, the troop, about a dozen of us, made ourselves comfortable at an empty table. There were several empty tables. As we waited for a waitress, a waitress stop by and told us that they have stop serving! WOW! The place was known for late night serving. Soooo, as we watch other patrons eating their food at the other tables and folks having drinks at the bar, I mentioned we can find another place. An elderly lady approach me and told me she doesn't think anyone in Wolfeboro is open!

We went to the Bayside Tavern and had a great celebration with appetizers and drinks. I'm sure the kitchen was still open at Wolfe's Inn and if I was the manager a dozen folks spells dollars to the business, the waitstaff and barkeep.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #50
George Soderberg

Default Broadhopper

First, Congratulations on your family friend sons scoring his first goal! I certainly know how exciting that can be. After years of watching my eldest son (much younger then) frustrate himself in soccer, I was uncannily lucky to be videotaping him when he scored his first goal. I think I sounded like Al Michael’s on tape, "Do you believe in miracles?!" I get goose bumps thinking about it still - great memories.

I have been uncharacteristically in touch with the forum today and saw your post. Is it possible that you are off by an hour? The game was scheduled from 7-9 pm. We didn't have much if any seats available at 830 PM. Even though we close the kitchen in the off season at 9PM, we took walk-ins until 915PM. I'm wondering if you arrived at 930PM?

Perhaps, we should consider staying open longer on weekend nights, something I will review with the team as well as run some abstract reports. Two years ago we were open until later but the limited number of covers prohibited staying open that long in the off season.

It may have been a last minute decision, but I will say if you know you're coming and it will be later, we certainly will entertain reservations and staying open longer.

Thanks for the heads up, congratulations on the goal once again and thank you for thinking of us for your celebration! No pressure, but maybe after his second goal?

George
The Following User Says Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (02-27-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #51
George Soderberg

Default Winni-forum Wolfe’s Tavern Chefs Table 2:

I am excited to open invitations for, Chefs table 2 – “The Sequel”. I have 8 spots available for anyone who would like to participate. (gsoderberg@haycreekhotels.com). Remember, in this round I am looking for Tuftonboro residents based on the advice of the first Chefs table. (The final 2 will be open to all). I currently have 4 spots spoken for (if they can make the date):

• Mr. Sullivan
• Big Jim
• Ms. Mayotte and husband

Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
As always, the first to respond will be confirmed until we reach 12. If you are interested in participating, please reply to my email address listed above. If you are bringing a spouse please mention that in your reply. We look forward to another nice evening and your insights.

George
Old 02-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #52
George Soderberg

Default Chefs Table 2

Wow! So I am pleased to announce we are "Sold out" - so to speak.
If there are any changes that create an opening I will let you know.

Thank you again and I look forward to meeting this next group.

Have a nice week everyone. Oh, and our new lunch menu is out. The panini's are doing exceptionally well. Check it out!

George
Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #53
Hermit Cover

Default Great Food and Service

Last nite was our first visit since the Chef's Table Tasting and the food and service were very good. Mrs. HC and I had specials and they were awesome....and the desserts were also great...we spent the evening in the very full dining room planning which summer visitors we'll treat to a Wolfe's Tavern dining experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermit Cover For This Useful Post:
GsChinadoll (02-27-2012), RLW (02-26-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #54
tomboymom

Default Positive experience

Last night my husband and I chose the Inn for dinner with three of our sons, based on the recent positive feedback in this forum. We are long time, year round Wolfeboro residents who had not been to the Inn in some time.

We have only positive things to say about both the food and the service, and are looking forward to going back. We were happy to see some original appetizer offerings and hard a hard time choosing, but our choices (Asparagus Frites, Mussels and Seared Tuna) were all excellent. For entrees I choose the Wild Mushroom Ravioli, and my mouth is watering at the thought of the leftovers I will eat for lunch today. Two of our boys had the steak tips, which were cooked perfectly, and the last two in our party choose the Delmonico steak (my guys are big beef eaters), which was delicious. Both of these requested mashed instead of fries, one asked for no sauce on the steak and one for sauce on the side, and their requests were filled cheerfully and perfectly.

Husband was happy with both the nice Chianti by the glass on the menu, and the availability of espresso after dinner. He also appreciated that the check came promptly after we said we were all set. Our server was attentive, prompt and never hovered.

We will look forward to many return trips based on our experience last night.
tomboymom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomboymom For This Useful Post:
RLW (02-27-2012), WakeboardMom (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #55
Barbara

Default Chef's Table

I'm envious!!!! I was at the first Chef's Table and it was so wonderful that I want to enjoy the experience again!!!! Those of you who are lucky enough to participate this time, be prepared for a fabulous evening. You will be treated like a VIP. It's a good idea to go VERY hungry!!!

Thank you again, George, for such a wonderful treat. I have been spreading the good word all over Wolfeboro. Maybe you'll want your original participants to reconvene some day in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
WakeboardMom (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #56
WakeboardMom

Quote:
I am excited to open invitations for, Chefs table 2 – “The Sequel”. I have 8 spots available for anyone who would like to participate. (gsoderberg@haycreekhotels.com). Remember, in this round I am looking for Tuftonboro residents based on the advice of the first Chefs table. (The final 2 will be open to all). I currently have 4 spots spoken for (if they can make the date):

• Mr. Sullivan
• Big Jim
• Ms. Mayotte and husband

Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
As always, the first to respond will be confirmed until we reach 12. If you are interested in participating, please reply to my email address listed above. If you are bringing a spouse please mention that in your reply. We look forward to another nice evening and your insights.

George
Thank you, George! Ms. M and husband are looking forward to it! : )
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #57
Barbara

Default Event at the Inn

I attended the Citizen of the Year Award Dinner at the Inn last evening. this is an annual event that has always taken place floor years at the Inn. I have attended for the last five years and last night's event was by far the best ever. Food, service, staff attitude and efficiency were excellent. George and Scott, the Food and Beverage Manager were both there actively overseeing the evening. It was wonderful!!

My husband and I went to lunch at the Inn today to try the new additions to the lunch menu. I had the turkey panini and my husband had the pulled pork Cubano panini. Both were excellent. The only problem was that we were completely stuffed by the time we left. The paninis were HUGE!! Service at lunch was excellent. The service staff is the best it's ever been in all my years of Inn experiences.