Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
wishiwasthere

Default Far Echo Questions

We are doing our yearly rental search for our summer vacation. I was wondering if anyone has info on far Echo Harbor? My Mother in law has difficulty walking and I was was wondering how the beach is? Is it flat, easy gradual incline? Is there parking available for people renting properties there? She love the Long Island Beach, but I hate to rent and then have to drive to a beach. the price is right on this cottage but not worth it if the beach isn't ideal!
wishiwasthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
dcama

you can not park your car at the beach of far echo. Check out Winnipesaukee Beach Colony Club. plenty of parking, gradual beach, beautiful homes reassonable priced for rental. the website is winnibeachcc.com. Good luck
dcama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Smitty1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
We are doing our yearly rental search for our summer vacation. I was wondering if anyone has info on far Echo Harbor? My Mother in law has difficulty walking and I was was wondering how the beach is? Is it flat, easy gradual incline? Is there parking available for people renting properties there? She love the Long Island Beach, but I hate to rent and then have to drive to a beach. the price is right on this cottage but not worth it if the beach isn't ideal!

Far Echo Beach is perfect for her. You can drive her down to the beach and then bring car back to cottage and walk or ride bike back to the beach.
Smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty1 View Post
Far Echo Beach is perfect for her. You can drive her down to the beach and then bring car back to cottage and walk or ride bike back to the beach.
No Parking, but as stated drop her off and take car home. Great beach!
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
No Parking, but as stated drop her off and take car home. Great beach!
In addition to one of the best beaches on the lake ,far echo has a pine grove that overlooks the white sandy beach No,parking along far echo rd
Area is great for kids
Family oriented community
fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcama View Post
you can not park your car at the beach of far echo. Check out Winnipesaukee Beach Colony Club. plenty of parking, gradual beach, beautiful homes reassonable priced for rental. the website is winnibeachcc.com. Good luck
I second Winnipesaukee Beach Club. We stayed there last July and found it to be a great location. It is a quiet but enjoayable location, Beach access is gradual with good parking and it looks out to Governors Island and Spindle Point. Nice sunsets too. We were able to have a dock for the boat too. We will be back again this year. Preferred Properties has a quite a few of the properties for rent there.

First picture is looking back at the beach from the docks. 2nd picture is the zoom shot looking out of Cummings cove toward and Governors Island.
Attached Images

Last edited by Just Sold; 03-08-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Just Sold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
raydoe1

There is no parking along the waterfront at Far Echo, but you can drop her off
and then walk back. There is a gradual slope down to the beach, but the beach it self
is level ground. There is a beautiful view of the lake and Gunstock Mountain from the beach and also from the picnic grove that has plenty of shade if she wants to get out of the sun. Far Echo is one nicest family oriented community
on the lake.
raydoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote