Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
coolyourjets

Default Renters...what do you do?

My neighbor rented out their house for the first time this summer. They approached me this spring to let me know they were doing this and told me they put several clauses in the rental agreement limiting the number of people, specifically stipulating no parties, etc. The first week has not been smooth. The house that sleeps 10-12 had no less than 30 people there for several gatherings. They brought several PWCs which were driven at all hours (including after dark) by kids with no lifejackets or without the engine lanyard attached to a person. They left the dock at full throttle, bouncing boats and swimming people around. Dumped beer, coffee and gas into the lake.

I'm all for good fun at the lake but show a great respect for my neighbors and the lake itself. I would think most renters would as well but how do you tell this to someone who is here for a week and has no long-term ownership stake in the community?
coolyourjets is offline   Reply With Quote