Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Great Season!

With the 2015 fishing (salmon / trout) season coming to a close in a couple days, I can honestly say that this years fishing has been the best I have seen in many many years on Winni!

The size, health and quantity of the salmon, rainbows and lakers being caught this year was excellent! This has also been a pretty typical response from almost every angler and guide I have spoke with this summer. While the month of June was as usual, a little slow,... late July, August and September more than made up for it!!

It was not uncommon this year at all to catch a 5 year old salmon in excess of 4lbs. This simply would not have been a common occurrence in years past.

I think the 2016 spring derby will possibly see some 5lb salmon being entered for the first time in quite a few years and I look forward to participating!

Thanks should be given to the NH Fish & Game Department and their biologist for the balancing act they do to regulate the fishery as well as all anglers who have participated and perfected proper catch and release!

My rods, riggers and trolling tackle have been put away for this season and I look forward to the 2016 season!! Until then, some beautiful fall boating, maybe a little upland bird hunting with my lab and eventually some hard water fishing will have to suffice!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 09-28-2015 at 01:04 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
noreast (09-28-2015), nrain35 (10-09-2015), PaugusBayFireFighter (09-28-2015), Rattlesnake Gal (09-29-2015), Rob M (10-16-2015), trfour (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

I have to second that review, great year overall and the fish I got all were in excellent condition and good size. Also seeing less hook damage. Last weekend was my last fishing trip out on the lake and it could not have been nicer, especially with all the tourists long gone.

It's a long wait till April 1st!
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote