Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2016, 04:51 AM   #1
TheProfessor

Default Fill up that Gasoline Tank

Fill up those gasoline tanks.

"A leak has caused the closure of a crucial pipeline that carries gasoline to the eastern United States, a disruption that threatens to drive up prices and leave service stations without fuel to sell."

LINK
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post

"A leak has caused the closure of a crucial pipeline that carries gasoline to the eastern United States, a disruption that threatens to drive up prices and leave service stations without fuel to sell."

LINK
The shortage is supposed to only impact the southeast and mid Atlantic states.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
meredith weekender

We have friends in North Carolina that are already experiencing the shortages with stations being closed and long lines at others. As mentioned earlier int he thread, the shortage should not reach New England areas.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
Kamper

I started to rotate my generator stock this weekend but only refreshed one can so far. I already have enough to fill the car a couple times if needed. Considering the record low prices, I don't think the cost of gasoline will be as painful as it was a few years ago.

Good luck to us all!

( I buy all my winter gas now. I know there's a difference but it's never caused me trouble. )

Last edited by Kamper; 09-20-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: By 'winter gas' I meant for the snow blowers and generator
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
Acrossamerica

Gas in New Jersey over the weekend 1.85.9 and they pump it for you. Gas on rt 4 in Chi Chester last evening 1.99.9. But if you like the lakes region there is always a lakes region premium to all products for the privilege of living here. Even restaurant food in NJ was far cheaper. Try finding a restaurant here where you can buy two very large bowls of chicken soup and a large dish of rice pudding with whipped cream for a total for all of $9.97 tax included. enjoy.

Having said that, the auto traffic and the insane level of the drivers in NJ does make NH a better place to reside.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
tbonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
Gas in New Jersey over the weekend 1.85.9 and they pump it for you. Gas on rt 4 in Chi Chester last evening 1.99.9. But if you like the lakes region there is always a lakes region premium to all products for the privilege of living here. Even restaurant food in NJ was far cheaper. Try finding a restaurant here where you can buy two very large bowls of chicken soup and a large dish of rice pudding with whipped cream for a total for all of $9.97 tax included. enjoy.

Having said that, the auto traffic and the insane level of the drivers in NJ does make NH a better place to reside.
Funny, there may be a reason to live in NJ (not sure what it might be) but trying to imply NJ is in anyway cheaper than NH is nonsensical.
tbonies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tbonies For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (09-22-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #7
ghfromaltonbay

Default I'll take NH any day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonies View Post
Funny, there may be a reason to live in NJ (not sure what it might be) but trying to imply NJ is in anyway cheaper than NH is nonsensical.
Having lived in NJ for 60+ years, I can't wait to re-locate to NH. Real estate taxes over $7500, 7% sales tax on almost everything & state income taxes are getting crazy. Don't even mention the overcrowding, bad roads & insane traffic. I dread returning home after summer @ the lake.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post:
DRH (09-23-2016), HomeWood (09-23-2016), ishoot308 (09-23-2016), Mr Cooke's Crew (09-23-2016), Slickcraft (09-22-2016), trfour (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 08:14 AM   #8
rsmlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post

LINK

http://www.newhampshiregasprices.com...ice_chart.aspx

Prices haven't really budged. Markets beinng the way they, they aren't likely to either.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #9
HomeWood

We're pretty much back to normal down here. The gas was being delivered, just sporadically. It really was not that bad. Media hype over an easily sensationalized story created more of a panic than anything else. I filled the cars up last Saturday night and we were good. Those who waited until Monday morning were finding it a little difficult.

ghfromaltonbay, I also cannot wait to relocate to the lakes region. I too dread coming back from vacation.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #10
Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWood View Post
... Media hype ...
I remember after Katrina they said we had a 90 supply and it would only take two months to get the refineries back on line. Prices still went up.

That doesn't disprove what you said. It was just the start of the profiteering trend that only really ended a year or so ago.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #11
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
I remember after Katrina they said we had a 90 supply and it would only take two months to get the refineries back on line. Prices still went up.

That doesn't disprove what you said. It was just the start of the profiteering trend that only really ended a year or so ago.
I guess you weren't watching our local news or reading their websites earlier this week. It was exhausting.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 PM   #12
Denis D

Talking

Sorry we can't join the New Jersey bashing party. We love spending time at the lake and do so all year long. We also look forward to coming HOME to NJ where we have lived for 50 years.

They both have their pluses and minuses and in our view, compliment each other very nicely. The opportunity to spend time in both places provides us with a wonderful lifestyle we thoroughly enjoy.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go fill my tank with cheap NJ gas so we are ready for our next trip to the lake.