Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #101
kawishiwi

Default Where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Here's a picture of what we'll look like driving it!Attachment 15788

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I think you missed something...I am not seeing "T-rex arms" in the pic.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:50 AM   #102
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
I think you missed something...I am not seeing "T-rex arms" in the pic.
Or tree trunk legs! I probably should've just pasted a meatball on there!

How is your early season looking? Have you had a chance to get to camp to check on things?

Old 04-07-2020, 11:19 PM   #103
kawishiwi

Default May 1

Quote:
Or tree trunk legs! I probably should've just pasted a meatball on there!

How is your early season looking? Have you had a chance to get to camp to check on things?

Gates scheduled to open 5/1. VT is "closed" until April ? They seem to be hit harder than NH but also they started the covid experience before NH. Wanted to be up and running before my son changes bases back to U.S.A. but Air Force suspended all personnel movement for an undertemined time. He's in England so his move would have been "out of the frying pan and into the fire".
Old 04-08-2020, 04:51 AM   #104
thinkxingu

Quote:
Gates scheduled to open 5/1. VT is "closed" until April ? They seem to be hit harder than NH but also they started the covid experience before NH. Wanted to be up and running before my son changes bases back to U.S.A. but Air Force suspended all personnel movement for an undertemined time. He's in England so his move would have been "out of the frying pan and into the fire".
Gotcha. We've been up a couple times to get ahead and we're almost ready to go. At this point, I'm starting to wonder where we'll be spending our time if school is canceled for the year. We don't have internet at camp and I'm not sure if AT&T service is capable enough to remote learn.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I think the most intensive thing I'd need access to is Google Meet/Zoom.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #105
Cal Coon

Quote:
First of all, there is NO "fire". All this corona virus BS is just that. Way over hyped and exaggerated. The truth will come out. In fact, it's already started too if you can read between the lines. For example, Dr. Birx said herself yesterday in the press conference that people that died "with" the virus, that also had other underlying complications, were listed as dying "from" covid 19, even if it was something else that actually killed them... You don't have to believe me, look it up yourself. That's not right IMHO, that's just fear mongering to drive up the number of dead, to keep the "sheep" in panic mode. Second, I have always been under the impression that our military was trained to go INTO the fire, NOT shy away from it...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 04-08-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2020, 09:39 PM   #106
kawishiwi

Default Uh oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
First of all, there is NO "fire". All this corona virus BS is just that. Way over hyped and exaggerated. The truth will come out. In fact, it's already started too if you can read between the lines. For example, Dr. Birx said herself yesterday in the press conference that people that died "with" the virus, that also had other underlying complications, were listed as dying "from" covid 19, even if it was something else that actually killed them... You don't have to believe me, look it up yourself. That's not right IMHO, that's just fear mongering to drive up the number of dead, to keep the "sheep" in panic mode. Second, I have always been under the impression that our military was trained to go INTO the fire, NOT shy away from it...
Hey Cal-buddy,
Off your meds again?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:30 AM   #107
Cal Coon

Quote:
Hey Cal-buddy,
Off your meds again?
Ok pal, since we're friends now, please, (somebody), tell me where I'm going wrong, I will gladly listen...
Old 04-09-2020, 05:08 AM   #108
ApS

Lightbulb Why HCQ Receives So Little Respect...

Quote:
Ok pal, since we're friends now, please, (somebody), tell me where I'm going wrong, I will gladly listen...
You're not wrong.

Those who rely on the six corporations that bring the daily TV news will miss an undercurrent behind the COVID-19 pandemic.

For example, The Gates Foundation funds pandemic research in Russia AND China.

Even the main "scientists" giving daily briefings are compromised by politics.

Like so much in the "District of Corruption", taxpayer money flows in hundreds of nefarious ways.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
Cal Coon (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 05:17 AM   #109
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

You're not wrong.

Those who rely on the six corporations that bring the daily TV news will miss an undercurrent behind the COVID-19 pandemic.

For example, The Gates Foundation funds pandemic research in Russia AND China.

Even the main "scientists" giving daily briefings are compromised by politics.

Like so much in the "District of Corruption", taxpayer money flows in hundreds of nefarious ways.
What would this graphic (cross-posted in "when will it end") look like without social distancing? And, let's imagine that the numbers are skewed 25% based on your conspiracy theory, it's STILL crazy when thinking about how much America has done to stop the spread. And, yesterday—the day after the graphic was made—there look to be another 1800+ deaths, so the trend isn't over yet. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1812248/

Personally, given NH's very low numbers, I feel very disconnected and safe—friends of mine around the country who are much closer to "hot spots" are feeling much differently.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #110
Cal Coon

Quote:
What would this graphic (cross-posted in "when will it end") look like without social distancing? And, let's imagine that the numbers are skewed 25% based on your conspiracy theory, it's STILL crazy when thinking about how much America has done to stop the spread. And, yesterday—the day after the graphic was made—there look to be another 1800+ deaths, so the trend isn't over yet. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1812248/

Personally, given NH's very low numbers, I feel very disconnected and safe—friends of mine around the country who are much closer to "hot spots" are feeling much differently.

There's a couple problems with your "graph". First, covid 19 is just like you said, it's a "TREND", which means you cannot compare it to other causes of death that happen every day, year round, year after year. What will happen to covid 19 if you include it in this graph permanently, like all the other causes of death??? It will drop to the bottom like a rock, so you're not being "fair" to the graph when you compare covid 19 during it's PEAK to the rest of the other causes of death!! Nice try though!! Second, we will never know the answer to what this graph would have looked like due to social distancing. It's not something that can ever be measured, so we will never know. Although, maybe the only way to find out is to get the country back to work asap, get the unemployment rate back down to 3%, get the roaring economy back, and if this virus makes a comeback in the fall like some are already predicting, we will just continue to work through it, and we can compare the number of death's while we worked through it, compared to when we were shut down. How's that sound? Also, I'm just wondering Think, what is the conspiracy theory you refer too?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #111
thinkxingu

Quote:
There's a couple problems with your "graph". First, covid 19 is just like you said, it's a "TREND", which means you cannot compare it to other causes of death that happen every day, year round, year after year. What will happen to covid 19 if you include it in this graph permanently, like all the other causes of death??? It will drop to the bottom like a rock, so you're not being "fair" to the graph when you compare covid 19 during it's PEAK to the rest of the other causes of death!! Nice try though!! Second, we will never know the answer to what this graph would have looked like due to social distancing. It's not something that can ever be measured, so we will never know. Although, maybe the only way to find out is to get the country back to work asap, get the unemployment rate back down to 3%, get the roaring economy back, and if this virus makes a comeback in the fall like some are already predicting, we will just continue to work through it, and we can compare the number of death's while we worked through it, compared to when we were shut down. How's that sound? Also, I'm just wondering Think, what is the conspiracy theory you refer too?
We will never know the full extent because of social distancing is right—that's the point.

The "conspiracy" I refer to was the suggestion above that CV-19, and its resulting deaths, are not an issue and that the media is just blowing it out of proportion.

The fact is that, with aggressive social distancing, shutdown orders, etc., we're at almost 16k dead and we're not even at peak. That's significant.

My real question is whether or not there was a better balance to be had, especially in states that naturally are more socially distant.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #112
Top-Water

Hopefully the admin will put a fork in this thread as nothing worthwhile has been added since post # 69 with regards to the original topic.

Since post # 69 its been all over the place. Nothing even close to "First Boat Help"
Old 04-09-2020, 07:09 PM   #113
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Hopefully the admin will put a fork in this thread as nothing worthwhile has been added since post # 69 with regards to the original topic.

Since post # 69 its been all over the place. Nothing even close to "First Boat Help"
Do you have something to add about my comments in #69 to bring it back on topic?

Old 04-09-2020, 08:20 PM   #114
Top-Water

Quote:
so I'll close this thread with the .........blah blah blah ................And now to start a thread about where to go!
Nope nothing to add in this I wanna be a jet ski topic now it died abbout 40 - 45 posts ago.

I think "you" put a fork in it yourself, at post 65. Sorry for the incorrect data.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:26 PM   #115
thinkxingu

Quote:
Nope nothing to add in this I wanna be a jet ski topic now it died abbout 40 - 45 posts ago.

I think "you" put a fork in it yourself, at post 65. Sorry for the incorrect data should have said Sixty Five.
So do you have something to add to my pursuit of jetski knowledge/tips/accessories/care? It'll be here in a couple weeks.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #116
Top-Water

Quote:
Old 04-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #117
thinkxingu

Quote:
How about places to take my new ski or boat? Anything at all to ADD?

Old 04-09-2020, 08:54 PM   #118
Top-Water

Quote:
How about places to take my new ski or boat? Anything at all to ADD?

Considder adding to a thread "you" already started. I think you made one that goes over this very subject.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #119
thinkxingu

Quote:
Considder adding to a thread "you" already started. I think you made one that goes over this very subject.

Sooo no? How about suggestions on the best pre-season riding gear?

Closed Thread