Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default why are these treads so hard to follow??

Why are these treads so hard to follow?? Why is it so difficult to find the most recent posts?? When someone posts a new message it should be at the end should it not??
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
NightWing

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd
Why are these treads so hard to follow?? Why is it so difficult to find the most recent posts?? When someone posts a new message it should be at the end should it not??
Look at the column that says Last Post in the field you are interested in. Click the little blue arrow next to the name of the last poster. Should work. That will bring you to the end of the thread. If it has been a while since you stopped in, there will probably be other posts you missed. In that case, go to the left of that column to the title of the thread and click that blue arrow. Should take you to the last post read.
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
GWC...

Quote:
Some posts are time-lapsed (delay may be minutes, hours, or days) and thus may not appear at the end; but sandwiched in according to their time-stamp.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Still need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing
Look at the column that says Last Post in the field you are interested in. Click the little blue arrow next to the name of the last poster. Should work. That will bring you to the end of the thread. If it has been a while since you stopped in, there will probably be other posts you missed. In that case, go to the left of that column to the title of the thread and click that blue arrow. Should take you to the last post read.
Call me a Moron-where is this "last Post" located??
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
NightWing

Quote:
Call me a Moron-where is this "last Post" located??
Look at the black header bar.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...earchid=365540
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
Rattlesnake Guy

I just learned a new trick last week that has been working well. If you are in new post you can press the button shown in the picture next to the thread title. This will jump you to the oldest one you have not seen yet. This is the logical place to start when you are checking in. The newer ones if any are below.
Attached Images

Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

I have always used the last post button, but I will be danged if I can find that button you're talking about on the left side. Maybe I go into a different screen. I go ito forum and then hit last posts (or latest posts-I do it so automatically I don't really notice what it says exactly) Any ideas??? Looking at your screen RG, it IS a different screen, so I am assuming the one I use doesn't have it.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
NightWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis
I have always used the last post button, but I will be danged if I can find that button you're talking about on the left side. Maybe I go into a different screen. I go ito forum and then hit last posts (or latest posts-I do it so automatically I don't really notice what it says exactly) Any ideas??? Looking at your screen RG, it IS a different screen, so I am assuming the one I use doesn't have it.
Go to the screen you use and copy the URL from the Browser Header. Then go to the forum and make a post in this thread. Paste your URL and we will look at what you have.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
Merrymeeting

The forum software provides several ways to do this, based on personal preference.

I prefer "linear mode". In the upper right of the screen while looking at a forum, you will see "Display Modes" with a drop-down arrow beside it. Click on the arrow and select the mode you prefer.

As I said, I prefer linear mode which displays all threads by the time they were posted. Once you view the thread, you can select "View first unread" in the upper left.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #10
Rattlesnake Guy

Here is a screen shot of my settings. This displays the check mark indicated in my first picture. It also has the same check at the top left of the thread page. (I just learned about that one now from an earlier post)
Attached Images

Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #11
JayDV

Default To add to RG post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy
I just learned a new trick last week that has been working well. If you are in new post you can press the button shown in the picture next to the thread title. This will jump you to the oldest one you have not seen yet. This is the logical place to start when you are checking in. The newer ones if any are below.
After you have read all of your "new" posts for all the threads listed in this New Post view, then click your browser Refresh button. This will "refresh" the new posts list with subsequent postings either after you logged in or if they were in a different lime log within that thread. Not sure if I said that correctly, but try it.

New Posts, now pick a thread that you could expect many responses since your last logged in. View the new posts, then (I click Back arrow to get back to the list) return to list and click Refresh. If there are new ones, the thread name will be highlighted. if all new posts have been read the "arrow" to the left of the thread will disappear denoting nothing new added.
JayDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
Spider Girl

Default New Posts

Thanks, Rattlesnake Guy. Your directions were perfect and just what I have been looking for. Makes it much easier to get the latest news on some of the most popular posts.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #13
tis

Night-This is it.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...earchid=366607

By the way, didn't we have another thread on this exact subject a couple of days ago?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
NightWing

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis
Night-This is it.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...earchid=366607

By the way, didn't we have another thread on this exact subject a couple of days ago?
Your link didn't work.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #15
tis

Hmm, it works for me. That's funny. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I like what I have, I just click the last post and get where I want! Thanks, though.