Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
mfitz

Default Gps

I just bought a new pontoon. And I'm looking for a gps that is easy to use. I have a hand held but the screen is to small. Just looking for a simple one to use that doesn't have a million options.
mfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Hi! Would love to know what you ended up with for a pontoon--we just ordered a new one for spring. Anyway, I use a Garmin 50DV which has worked out very well for us--nice display size, great map system, easy to use, and just around $500 installed.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
noreast

They change so fast, Go to Bass pro and look around. They probably have 20 between $100 and 500 that fit your description. I have a Humminbird 585ci? Decent size screen,easy to use, not a lot of bells and whistles. They were between $350 $500. At least you can play with them there then buy them wherever you want.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
RUGMAN

Default gps

i also just bought a tritoon, new to navigating the lake. Stopped by Baas pro, salesman was high on Garmin 53dv with lake vu ultra HD chip. I plan on going to boat show in boston to look at others, He said this Garmin comes preloaded with lakes, including Winni. Some gps don't come preloaded meaning you have to buy a chip.
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
mfitz

Default gps

I bought a palm beach
mfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
DesertDweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfitz View Post
I just bought a new pontoon. And I'm looking for a gps that is easy to use. I have a hand held but the screen is to small. Just looking for a simple one to use that doesn't have a million options.
I find Garmin's to be the easiest to use. I also have a 53DV with the LakeVu Ultra HD chip. Probably just fine without the Ultra HD chip. If you get the fresh water packages from Garmin they have preloaded maps and Winnipesaukee is one of the lakes covered.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote