Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
MeredithMan

Default Cleaning person...

I tried a search but the most recent thread I found was from 2010, so wondering if anyone would have a cleaning person recommendation?

I don't want a service, (e.g., Merry Maids, etc); I want an individual who is going to take pride in his or her work and can think on his/her own as to what needs to be cleaned and not be told by me at every cleaning. Also needs to be responsible and trustworthy, as the person will have a key to our house and will be in there alone 99% of the time. My cleaning person pet-peeve is that the majority all start out great, but after 6 months they get complacent and the quality goes down hill. If you know of anyone who is the opposite of this, I'd welcome the recommendation.

Thanks!
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
Little Bear

Make that two of us. We had a great husband and wife cleaning team from Wolfeboro, but I just found out that they have moved to Florida. Now in search of a replacement.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Once again, it would be helpful to know where you want the service (town). We used Great Northern and they were great but then stopped doing island work. They're in the Laconia area, so if you're in M'boro...(603) 527-2610
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
greeleyhill

Default Just a guess...

My guess is that MeredithMan is looking for service in Meredith
We use Great Northern and they have been ok. I was there one day last year when they were cleaning - they had some pretty young summer help on the crew who just did an ok job. Nobody vacuumed the family room. I had to do it after they left. We don't see their work every week but at least they are reliable.
greeleyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Once again, it would be helpful to know where you want the service (town). We used Great Northern and they were great but then stopped doing island work. They're in the Laconia area, so if you're in M'boro...(603) 527-2610
Gilford / West Alton area.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #6
Glendale Girl

Call White Glove Cleaning, Check out there facebook page (603) 630-2594
Glendale Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #7
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Response to greeleyhill

Hi, this is Frank & Erin Perkins, owners of Great Northern Cleaning. We are personally going to speak to the office about your account, we can do a lot better than just "reliable" We have a large number of professional, year-round housekeeping teams who always do an excellent job. We apologize for any mistakes in the past, Saturdays in the summer can get a little crazy for us. We grow and improve with every rental season. We will ensure that only teams who have been fully trained on your home clean it from now on and that the cleanings are consistent and thorough. We truly appreciate your business and moving forward, we will provide you with only the highest quality of cleanings and continue to be reliable!! Thank you!!

www.greatnortherncleaning.com

www.facebook.com/greatnortherncleaning
Great Northern Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #8
WinnisquamZ

Am I the only one that still cleans my own home? Just can’t see anyone else picking up after me or my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
MaidenCove07

I can't recommend Twin Rivers Cleaning enough.
Tina and her team are conscientious and clean they way they want their home cleaned.
I use her for my rental property and have recommended her to more than a dozen others.
http://twinriverscleaning.com/
(603) 455-7577
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #10
WakeboardMom

I can attest to the fact that Great Northern Cleaning is very responsive when a particular crew's service is not up to the customer's standards. I understand that the OP would like an individual as opposed to a crew, but GNC's owners keep their finger on the pulse of the business, so there is that personal touch. GNC has been taking care of my rental cottage and my own home for many years now and I'm happy to give them high marks and recommend giving them a try!