Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
Skip

Exclamation Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so!

From this morning's Conway Daily Sun editorial page, a kayaker disturbing a nesting loon. And not a power boat in sight!

Name:  kayak.JPG
Views: 6949
Size:  15.6 KB
The point?

The common denominator when it comes to stupidity is always the Capain, not the type of vessel.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Orion

Default what's really going on?

Something's wrong with the photo. There is a line going from the head of the loon toward the kayak. Is he trying to rescue the bird from a snag?

Loons don't nest in the middle of the lake, so where's the nest here?

Also, it doesn't look like he's really a "kayaker", just a guy using a kayak to get out to the bird (his leg is up on the deck).
Old 07-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #3
Joanna16

The Text that Goes with the Photo from the paper:

No peace for expecting mother as she sits on nest
To the editor:
Wildlife’s Greatest Threat: There is no peace for this expecting mother as she sits on her nest, day and night, all the while floating on a man-made raft at the west end on White Donkey in Tamworth. On the 7th of July while walking on the trail that leads from the south end of the beach and swimming areas I came upon this scene. Her mate was nearby watching a senseless encroachment of an endangered species. Motel and hotel rooms offer a placard that you can hang on your outside doorknob. “Please do not disturb.” - Mel Chute, Chocorua
Old 07-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Skip

Sorry, forgot to include the photographer's caption:

To the editor:
Wildlife’s Greatest Threat: There is
no peace for this expecting mother as
she sits on her nest, day and night, all
the while fl oating on a man-made raft
at the west end on White Donkey in
Tamworth. On the 7th of July while
walking on the trail that leads from
the south end of the beach and swimming
areas I came upon this scene.
Her mate was nearby watching a
senseless encroachment of an endangered
species. Motel and hotel rooms
offer a placard that you can hang on
your outside doorknob. “Please do not
disturb.”
Mel Chute
Chocorua
Old 07-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
2Blackdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The point?

The common denominator when it comes to stupidity is always the Capain, not the type of vessel.
But the type of vessel IS mentioned.

There is no agenda at work here.....just move along.....
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
WeirsBeachBoater

I say we ban them!!! I am contacting my rep I want a Bill brought before the legislature! We need to let the government know that we are AFRAID, and FEAR for the well being of our ENDANGERED species!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
Woodsy

Default Whats Wrong With That Pic??

Unbelieveable....

Not only is the dumb*ss harassing a Loon on a nest.... but where is his PFD? What happens if the Loon lunges or attacks and knocks him into the water? How will a speeding GFBQ canoe see him in time to avoid a collision?

I say we require all canoes, kayaks, sailboats, and other non powered watercraft purchase a $10 "preservation" sticker.... money to be used by the NHMP to educate these heathen on proper boating safety & environmental responsibility!!

Woodsy
Old 07-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs up Yeap!

I agree with Woodsy.

Make it mandatory that nonpowered vessels captions wear flourescent orange life vests to protect the innocents!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Let's not jump to conclusions here solely based on the photgraph and attached news article. The article is based on the photo and it did not include any interview of the kayaker. Possibly the kayaker was attempting to remove a fishing line or plastic trash remnant from the entangled loon? One's preconceived thoughts can prejudice what you see in this photo.

Looking at this photo, the kayaker could be attempting to untangle the wild loon from floating debris such as a six-pack plastic.

Isn't there a loon preservation and rescue group located in Moultonboro. What would a photo of a loon rescue person look like?

Looking at the photo, what do you see?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
rander7823

Default Boats or People

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater View Post
I say we ban them!!!
Hey WBB,

Which do you mean?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
WeirsBeachBoater

I mean Kayaks and Canoes! Can't ban people, well maybe, but that is another topic. Loons taste like chicken, so I wouldn't ban them! Just Kidding, kidding.

Disclaimer: I have never nor do I intend to eat Loon, It was a joke, actually I have seen a bumper sticker with that on it.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

FLL....didn't you read Skips post?? There was an eyewitness and he was doing exactly what the picture shows.
Bear Islander.......imagine one of those hateful,reckless kayakers tormenting your little Daisy on her nest with 8 little eggs.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #13
Seaplane Pilot

Default In the famous words of Howie Carr...

How many more, Mr. Speaker...How many more??

Last edited by Seaplane Pilot; 07-18-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #14
Mee-n-Mac

Wink But wait, there's more .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Something's wrong with the photo. There is a line going from the head of the loon toward the kayak. Is he trying to rescue the bird from a snag? {snip}
OMG, you are correct sir ! There's more going on here than initially meets the eye. That's no snag, it's a lasso !! The boater has lasso'ed the poor bird to tow him around the lake. Worse than that, he's using some recreational kayak. If only it had been a sea kayak then the imprisoned loon wouldn't have had to work so hard .....
Old 07-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #15
NightWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
OMG, you are correct sir ! There's more going on here than initially meets the eye. That's no snag, it's a lasso !! The boater has lasso'ed the poor bird to tow him around the lake. Worse than that, he's using some recreational kayak. If only it had been a sea kayak then the imprisoned loon wouldn't have had to work so hard .....
Nope. Obviously, the loon has caught a kayaker in her trap with which to feed her young. I hear kayakers taste like granola. (c'mon, it's a joke)
Old 07-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
VtSteve

This is the kind of mindless, senseless, arrogant act I've come to expect from the pardy not at all paddling crowd. Harassing birds, probably disturbing turtles, all in the name of self-serving interests.

That poor bird looks absolutely terrified in that picture, as anyone would be had their 150' space been violated. I'll bet the poor bird had to endure many minutes of fright as the kayak headed straight for her, probably not even aware of the impending encroachment. The kayaker could have slowed down, but it's not their nature, never has been. The kayaker is probably coming back from the local quick stop, with the day's beer supply.

Loons have rights too!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
Mee-n-Mac

Talking And yet even more ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
This is the kind of mindless, senseless, arrogant act I've come to expect from the pardy not at all paddling crowd. Harassing birds, probably disturbing turtles, all in the name of self-serving interests.
{snip}
Turtles you say .... well I can't disprove that but let me add that it's worse than you think. Lookee here.

Poor old protected mantee, needlessly run over by the kayaker with his knife sharp blade edges. Sure, sure it has nothing to do with the lake nor is it in the state of NH but that doesn't matter. It still looks bad. Oh, the humanity !!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
Mee-n-Mac

Talking And before someone else does it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
Oh, the humanity !!!!
Did I say humanity .....
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #19
VtSteve

Those blubbery lards are absolutely everywhere down South. They are going to end up as endangered as the mosquito As far as I'm concerned, protecting manatees is like protecting Eurasian millfoil, another pest from another far away land.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
Seaplane Pilot

Now if we could only convince Fish & Game to stock the lake with Great White Sharks...maybe we could "Thin the Kayak Herd", making the lake much safer for us "Cowboys".
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #21
VtSteve

I notice that kayak has no flag. It also looks like no PFD.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #22
alsadad

Default Safety devices

Clearly the kayaker bears the brunt of the blame for paddling faster than his ability to see the loon. But the bird also contributed to this violation by failing to use all of the safety equipment that is available on the market today. As Exhibit A I offer my new invention: a bright orange colored globe-shaped latex rubber device that is filled with helium and tethered to the bird. I call it the Backoff Alert for Loons -- or BA Loon for short.

Last edited by alsadad; 07-17-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
jrc

I love the seaplane pilot picture. I read the article that was with it. Basically the guy in the kayak said that he wasn't worried, they often come by and check things out but they wouldn't bother him. Funny that's exactly what that bear guy said in Alaska before the bear ate him and his girl friend.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #24
bigpatsfan

Totally enjoyed reading the above posts.... just what the doctor ordered!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #25
Rattlesnake Guy

Thank you for the Hindenburg and white shark post. We need more threads like this one to keep it fun.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #26
rander7823

Default Just ask Chief Brody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Now if we could only convince Fish & Game to stock the lake with Great White Sharks...maybe we could "Thin the Kayak Herd", making the lake much safer for us "Cowboys".
Great Whites eat powerboats also........
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rander7823 View Post
Great Whites eat powerboats also........
Yeah, but only if you're trying to catch them. Since we "cowboy" powerboaters travel at breakneck, lightning speeds at all hours of the day and night, there's no way a great white will ever catch us. Pity the poor kayaker that can't paddle fast enough.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
codeman671

Quote:
Pity the poor kayaker that can't paddle fast enough.
I am sure there is a kayaker or two we know that could out-paddle a shark!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #29
Joe Kerr

Thumbs up Stealth Kayaks should be banned.

Quote:
I say we ban them!!! I am contacting my rep I want a Bill brought before the legislature! We need to let the government know that we are AFRAID, and FEAR for the well being of our ENDANGERED species!
I'm with you WeirsBeachBoater. Ban those dangerous things.

Those stealthy kayaks and canoes glide so quietly through the water that they can sneak up on loons or people. If you swim or snorkel you could wind up with one of them bearing down on you. The poor loon never had a chance.

There ought to be a noise law. The minimum allowable noise you have to make on the lake. With that protective law the loon would have had advance warning of the approaching kayak as would swimmers and snorkelers.

They are already protected by the go fast be loud boats. Loons can hear those coming and the GFBLs go so fast that the loons does not have time to be disturbed.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #30
Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Never mind the shark, always go kayaking with someone slower than you?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #31
SIKSUKR

Quote:
We know one for sure that would claim to be able to outsmart,outdebate, outcondition,and certainly not the least of all,out whine that darn shark!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #32
twoplustwo

I can out wine any shark! A Hewitt cab would go nicely on the lake.

Oh, you said whine. Never mind.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #33
Evenstar

Unhappy

The amount of kayak bashing on this forum continues to amaze me. This is supposed to be a place for all boaters - yet the powerboat owners seem to think that there’s nothing wrong with constantly putting down paddlers here. No wonder that I’m only one of the few paddlers who is brave enough to post here. And I get jumped on every time that I stand up for paddlers. And please don’t try to tell me that this is just a joke – because I’m not laughing at your insults. This is nothing more than prejudice - and it is wrong.

This thread was started by making an accusation that is based solely on a poor quality photo and on the opinion of the photographer that the kayaker’s action was “senseless encroachment of an endangered species.” First of all, we don’t know why the kayaker was there, so there's no proof that it was "senseless". For all we know, he may have been there to help the loon. What ever happened to “innocent until proven guilty?” Secondly, loons are not an endangered species (http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wild...gered_list.htm).

And, before you guys that are suggesting that we should ban anything that posses a threat to loons, you really should understand where the main threats come from – because you’re actually advocating banning yourselves.

From The Loon Conservation Committee http://www.loon.org/research.html#causes

“Results of our mortality studies have shown that lead sinkers and jigs are the primary cause of death of adult loons, while boat and personal watercraft collisions account for more chick deaths than any other cause.”

“Loss of breeding habitat as a result of shoreline development is one of the main causes of the reduction in loon numbers throughout New Hampshire.”
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #34
WeirsBeachBoater

"This is nothing more than prejudice - and it is wrong" Kind of like painting all powerboaters as evil, loon killing, paddler hating monsters?

Listen to your own advice.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #35
SAMIAM

Heh,heh,heh.......After all the heat that GFB's have taken over the years,now Evenstar is all indignant because one of his Kayakin' buddies was BUSTED.....and don't give me that "poor quality photo" excuse.....there was an eyewitness to the crime.I've never seen a GFBer torment and distress a poor nesting loon mom like that .Probably the eggs never developed because of that thoughtless act. Kayaks and canoes should fitted with a warning bell to warn wildlife of their presence.How many more loons must suffer?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #36
Islander

Evenstar

Let them have their fun! They are still smarting from their big loss. For a time they will enjoy trashing kayaks, nitpicking supporters posts and turning every thread into a speed limit debate.

So they will search the internet for funny or embarrassing pictures and stories about kayaks, canoes and so on. Let us show them we are gracious winners and let them enjoy their jokes.

It's only fair. Remember two years ago when we lost..... actually.... on second thought.... we took it like adults.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #37
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Kind of like painting all powerboaters as evil, loon killing, paddler hating monsters? Listen to your own advice.
Now you're actually accusing me of stating things that I've never even posted! Please get you facts straight before you make accusations against me. Show me where I've ever made negative comments about ALL powerboaters. I have made it very clear that I have nothing against powerboats, and I have never even suggested banning any type of powerboat from the lake. It's the attitude and the ignorance of SOME powerboat operators that I have trouble with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
After all the heat that GFB's have taken over the years,now Evenstar is all indignant because one of his Kayakin' buddies was BUSTED.....and don't give me that "poor quality photo" excuse.....there was an eyewitness to the crime.
1.) The photo is poor quallity.
2.) There's no evidence that the kayaker was not attempting to help the loon. Someone's opinion alone, about what they think that they saw, isn't evidence that a "crime" took place. Did the eyewitness or anyone else ever question the paddler?
3.) I'm a she. And I don't even know the person in the photo - so he is hardly one of my "Kayakin' buddies." All my kayaking buddies paddle sea kayaks.
4.) Since this event did not occur on winni, using the rules of the anti-speed-limit-members, it is irrelevant to this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Evenstar, Let them have their fun! They are still smarting from their big loss. For a time they will enjoy trashing kayaks, nitpicking supporters posts and turning every thread into a speed limit debate.
I was totally ignoring this thread - until posts started being directed at me personally - that's crossing the line in my book.

Quote:
It's only fair. Remember two years ago when we lost..... actually.... on second thought.... we took it like adults.
Yes we did.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #38
Cal

Quote:
Remember two years ago when we lost..... actually.... on second thought.... we took it like adults.
I beg to differ but if you took it like an adult , why did the whining continue till you BS'd the politicians into passing it
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #39
Kamper

Let it go gentle folks. There are enough hijacked threads moved into "Speed-limits" already. Stop the baiting - stop the biting!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #40
SAMIAM

Kayakers....GUILTY as charged.......Think about this fact! GFB's prowl the broads and the rafting hangouts.....while the evil kayakers invade all of the quiet little places where wildlife tries to hide.They disturb nesting birds,turtles beaver colonies,spawning fish....even frogs and tadpoles get bumped out of their nests as the kayakers power through the shallows.No little bay or cove is safe from them.....they pride themselves on being eco-friendly but the opposite is true....they invade and disturb the very creatures that they so pride themselves on preserving.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #41
Seaplane Pilot

Default Kayak buyback program

Similar to the handgun buyback programs often found in large cities, I think we should start a "Kayak Buyback Program" in order to get these rogue, unsafe kayakers off our precious waters. Save the loons, save the children, protect the kayakers from themselves...Let the cowboys ride the free range! (and get rid of these cry-babys)

$1.00 for every kayak turned in. I've already started my collection and will drill holes in them and sell them for garden planters.
Attached Images

Last edited by Seaplane Pilot; 07-23-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #42
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Seaplane Pilot. I know I shouldn't but that is just too funny!
I should add, I like GFBL boats but I also like kayaks.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #43
Sman

Default close up

trade the yak in for some binoculars...

the second post mentions something is wrong with this pic, I agree, not sure what it is but it just doesn't look right, a leg on top of the kayak, the person is paddling real close to a nest, a nest in the middle of the water, some sort of a line in the pic running at an angle?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #44
parrothead

Default Evenstar

Why raise to the bait?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #45
B R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman View Post

the second post mentions something is wrong with this pic, I agree, not sure what it is but it just doesn't look right, a leg on top of the kayak, the person is paddling real close to a nest, a nest in the middle of the water, some sort of a line in the pic running at an angle?
all of this is easily explained:

a leg on top of the kayak:

i've seen this in the x games before. some kayakers get their kicks out of doing these insane tricks all in the name of fun. it's called cowboy kayaking. they're trying to get this sick sport into the olympics, but no insurance company will underwrite the event.

the person is paddling real close to a nest/a nest in the middle of the water/line running at an angle:

appears to be a deviation from the above sport. i've heard they race as close as they can to the tormented loon in an attempt to get the loons to scream (squack, call out...). once they succeed, they lasso the loon and nest with fishing line (that's why it's barely visible) and drag them out to the middle of the lake and then watch and laugh as the loon struggles back to shore. points are awarded by the length of the loon scream and the number of loon chicks that fall into the water.

all of this on the name of fun. i'm telling ya, it's just sick sick sick.....there ought to be a law.......
Old 07-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #46
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by B R View Post
Thank you for clearing that up, your description is much different than what I had previously heard about this...

My understanding was that most kayakers prefer to eat a steady diet of baby seal. See, they feel that the baby seal's spirit will become embedded within their own spirit, making them more at one with the water.

However, due to the popularity of kayaking, many of these vile "sportsmen" are now infesting other waters and coming further inland. They bring their sea kayaks and flamboyantly colored paddles to lakes where they are clearly out of place. After coming to these inland waters they soon realize that there is no baby seal population, and so then they have to refer to hunting some other water creature to enhance their kayaking spirit. In this case, many loons have become the unfortunate target of these people, and the picture above clearly shows this "sport" as they call it happening right in front of the photographers eyes.

In case you are wondering, I know this from a conversation I overhead when I accidentally walked into a "Kayakers bar". The Subaru wagons out front, yogurt menu, and granola scattered on the floor should have given the joint away, but I was weary and simply wanted a bite to eat. Once I realized where I was, I ate my Muselix and quietly left without calling attention to myself, but that was not before I heard many of the secrets of this cult discussed out in the open, in what they thought was a safe environment...
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #47
SAMIAM

Brk-Int.............STOP IT......I can't see the keyboard because I'm laughing so hard
Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #48
Skip

Post Felon attempts to flee in kayak!

Loons aren't the only critters in danger; be cautious around strangers in kayaks, that innocent paddler could be a convicted sex offender on the run!

From just a few weeks ago!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #49
Mee-n-Mac

Wink That's a rare loon

Quote:

Certainly deserves a third look. With the uber special software I have available and previously used to discover the true nature of the "yellow thingee" off the Anchor Marine docks, I think I may have uncovered the truth. You see what we have here is a rare display of karma. Yes the Kowboi Kayaker went out to lasso the poor loon but in a rare instance of karma, he ran across the rarest of loon species.

You see loons are among the older of bird species in general, closer to their dinosaur predecessors than most birds. Thus some species of loon have retained some very unusual dino and reptilian capabilities. We all have heard how deadly the saliva of the Komodo Dragon is and know that various species of snake and reptiles have a poisonous bite. Indeed Jurassic Park (the movie) was entirely correct in showing that some dinos could spit poison. So what we have here is the very rare Spitting Loon 'o' Death. It's not only poisonous but downright acidic in the venom it can project up to 31.4 ft. The mystery of the missing leg is solved .... dissolved away by the vile bile coughed up by this very rare loon !

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 07-23-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Hit enter before done
Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #50
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by B R View Post

a leg on top of the kayak:

i've seen this in the x games before. some kayakers get their kicks out of doing these insane tricks all in the name of fun. it's called cowboy kayaking. they're trying to get this sick sport into the olympics, but no insurance company will underwrite the event.

the person is paddling real close to a nest/a nest in the middle of the water/line running at an angle:

appears to be a deviation from the above sport. i've heard they race as close as they can to the tormented loon in an attempt to get the loons to scream (squack, call out...). once they succeed, they lasso the loon and nest with fishing line (that's why it's barely visible) and drag them out to the middle of the lake and then watch and laugh as the loon struggles back to shore. points are awarded by the length of the loon scream and the number of loon chicks that fall into the water.

all of this on the name of fun. i'm telling ya, it's just sick sick sick.....there ought to be a law.......
Don't forget the lead sinkers that are fed to them in order to prolong their struggle to shore... Only done by the most skilled of culprits...
Old 07-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #51
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
In case you are wondering, I know this from a conversation I overhead when I accidentally walked into a "Kayakers bar". The Subaru wagons out front, yogurt menu, and granola scattered on the floor should have given the joint away, but I was weary and simply wanted a bite to eat. Once I realized where I was, I ate my Muselix and quietly left without calling attention to myself, but that was not before I heard many of the secrets of this cult discussed out in the open, in what they thought was a safe environment...

I know that bar, it's called "Club Baby Seal", right?
Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #52
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I know that bar, it's called "Club Baby Seal", right?
Oh damn, that was perfect!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #53
Evenstar

Unhappy

And the kayak bashing and insults continues. And you guys wonder why there are so few non-powerboat owners on this forum. Apparently that's they way you want it, because you seem to be working really hard to keep it that way.

Of course that's because you don't have any tollerance for anyone with a different point of view from you. Whenever anyone member here doesn't fall into your group mentality - you guys just gang up on them until they dissappear. You guys are pathetic. When there are no more paddlers left here to bash, then what will you do for fun? I'm sure if you all put your minds together, you'll be able to come up with another minority group to insult.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #54
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
When there are no more paddlers left here to bash, then what will you do for fun? I'm sure if you all put your minds together, you'll be able to come up with another minority group to insult.
Nah, we'll just rehash all the old paddler-bashing threads. Every 2nd post will start with "Remember the time when...".

Evenstar, seriously, lighten up. I really have nothing against you or paddlers in general, but you just feed the flames here. Tell ya what, meet me over at "Club Baby Seal" sometime and I'll buy you a smoothie and we'll get to know each other a little better. You know what they say, ANY girl looks like a keeper at 1AM after 6 smoothies and a shot of flaxseed oil.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #55
Mashugana

Arrow Yes lets go to Club Baby Seal.

I'm with brk-lnt 100%. We should meet at the club and get to know one another.

Quote:
The amount of kayak bashing on this forum continues to amaze me.
It's not bashing, it's swamping. I heard it happens a lot on Squam or was it Winnisquam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar
This is supposed to be a place for all boaters - yet the powerboat owners seem to think that there’s nothing wrong with constantly putting down paddlers here. No wonder that I’m only one of the few paddlers who is brave enough to post here.
This is supposed to be a place for ANYONE, particularly anyone with an interest in the Lakes Region of NH. Not just power boaters. I could have a sailboat and know how to Jibe .

Quote:
And I get jumped on every time that I stand up for paddlers.
You claim it happens so often that I think you secretely might like to get jumped on.

Quote:
And please don’t try to tell me that this is just a joke – because I’m not laughing at your insults. This is nothing more than prejudice - and it is wrong.
As you wish dear Evenstar. I won't try to tell you that this is a joke or satirical or even a fun thread. It started as an informational post showing an interaction shared between a KAYAK a kayaker and a loon. That's no joke.

I did miss where people insulted you. You are the only brave kayaker that speaks up the way you do. You are right. That is just wrong.

Prejudiced? you bet I am. I would rather read this thread than 98% of the speed limit threads.

BTW. Was that a sea kayak or a plain old regular kind of kayak bothering that loon?

kayakers are boaters too
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #56
Turtle Boy

Quote:
And the kayak bashing and insults continues. And you guys wonder why there are so few non-powerboat owners on this forum. Apparently that's they way you want it, because you seem to be working really hard to keep it that way.

Of course that's because you don't have any tollerance for anyone with a different point of view from you. Whenever anyone member here doesn't fall into your group mentality - you guys just gang up on them until they dissappear. You guys are pathetic. When there are no more paddlers left here to bash, then what will you do for fun? I'm sure if you all put your minds together, you'll be able to come up with another minority group to insult.
Hey Evenstar...I've often wondered what a forum in N. Korea is like ....you're free to post anything so long as it's "we are proud to honor the great leader comrade Kim Jong-il with our loyalty". This is what we're up against on a forum like this; hang in there. As Islander alluded to earlier, they're a little sore over their recent loss. Quite understandable.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #57
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Hey Evenstar...I've often wondered what a forum in N. Korea is like ....you're free to post anything so long as it's "we are proud to honor the great leader comrade Kim Jong-il with our loyalty". This is what we're up against on a forum like this; hang in there. As Islander alluded to earlier, they're a little sore over their recent loss. Quite understandable.
Loss? Loss of what? The speed limit debate was interesting, but it will have no recognizable impact on 95% of the anti-HB847 crowd. I highly doubt that anyone is trying to take out their anger over this "loss" on any of the supporters here.

Responding to your silly posts here is like going fishing at a stocked salmon farm. It's not all that difficult, and you're practically guaranteed an easy win. In the end, it's not really rewarding, it's just a fun way to pass the time.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 PM   #58
hazelnut

Highly entertaining folks.

Most importantly the posts that claim bashing against kayakers. HILARIOUS. As if Kayakers have become a new minority group. : laugh:

I guess just because I kayaked today for a few hours I should be angry at this thread.

No worries my skin is thicker than tissue paper.

P.S. I usually paddle away from loon nests.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #59
SIKSUKR

Quote:

Of course that's because you don't have any tollerance for anyone with a different point of view from you.You guys are pathetic.
Now THAT'S funny.Have you read your own posts like the one above?You are BY FAR the most intollerant member on this board.

Quote:
I'm sure if you all put your minds together, you'll be able to come up with another minority group to insult.
I think the Anti-Defamation League should be notified immediately!There should be another law for this.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #60
Evenstar

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Most importantly the posts that claim bashing against kayakers. HILARIOUS. As if Kayakers have become a new minority group.
Kayakers ARE very much a minority group – in this forum.

Quote:
No worries my skin is thicker than tissue paper.
And you’re not the one that many of the insulting comments here are being directed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Now THAT'S funny.Have you read your own posts like the one above? You are BY FAR the most intollerant member on this board.
I admit that I have little tolerance toward intolerance – but that does not make me an intolerant person. I support diversity – but that does not mean that I support bigotry or hate crimes.

“We must be vigilant against discrimination and show no tolerance for intolerance.” - opening statement by the OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Dr Dimitrij Rupel, at the OSCE Conference on Anti-Semitism and on Other Forms of Intolerance Cordoba, 8 June 2005 [/i]

"I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." Elie Wiesel

“Prejudices are what fools use for reason." Voltaire
Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #61
Islander

Quote:
Loss? Loss of what? The speed limit debate was interesting, but it will have no recognizable impact on 95% of the anti-HB847 crowd. I highly doubt that anyone is trying to take out their anger over this "loss" on any of the supporters here.

Responding to your silly posts here is like going fishing at a stocked salmon farm. It's not all that difficult, and you're practically guaranteed an easy win. In the end, it's not really rewarding, it's just a fun way to pass the time.
YA Right!

None of you care that it passed!

It doesn't make any difference!

Is that why it is still the number one topic on the forum? Is that why people are lining up to bash kayaks?

Is this the denial phase? Are are we already into anger?

The Five Stages
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance
Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #62
Sman

Default both

man this is tough, so if I have a kayak and a boat that goes faster than 45 ( neither one too fancy) reading this I don't know which side I am on...sometimes I want to go 60 mph and sometimes I want to go for a paddle in the Kayak...what do I do, I need to pick a side...

actually no I don't, are people really THAT offended by the humor or attempt there of humor in this thread. And how bad can life really be if we have time during our day to read and post about boating?

hope it stops raining so we can all get back in our toys and on the lake
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #63
Turtle Boy

Quote:
man this is tough, so if I have a kayak and a boat that goes faster than 45 ( neither one too fancy) reading this I don't know which side I am on...sometimes I want to go 60 mph and sometimes I want to go for a paddle in the Kayak...what do I do, I need to pick a side...

actually no I don't, are people really THAT offended by the humor or attempt there of humor in this thread. And how bad can life really be if we have time during our day to read and post about boating?

hope it stops raining so we can all get back in our toys and on the lake
That's it Sman....a new sport to bring these 2 very disparate groups together...we'll call it kayak tubing. Evenstar can contribute a kayak, VtSteve a GFBL (whoops, performance) boat, and we tow the kayak around at 65MPH(this year only, next year 45 MPH). My grandson loves tubing...bet he'll really love GFBL kayaking (sorry again, performance kayaking). Common ground at last. Kumbayah.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #64
brk-lnt

Quote:
YA Right!

You and Twaddle Boy are the first ones to drag the speed limits into yet another thread. Seriously, find a new drum to beat, you've played that one to death.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #65
Orion

Default already available: GFBL Kayaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
That's it Sman....a new sport to bring these 2 very disparate groups together...we'll call it kayak tubing.
No need. At the Lakeshore Living Expo, one of the local marinas exhibiting had those jet-powered kayaks, shown in a prior thread, for sale. You can scratch every itch with just one boat.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #66
Turtle Boy

Quote:
You and Twaddle Boy are the first ones to drag the speed limits into yet another thread. Seriously, find a new drum to beat, you've played that one to death.
Actually it was VtSteve who dragged speed into this thread on 7/17. Lighten up...maybe you ought to switch to decaf. In fact I worry that a few of the GFBL posters could blow a cerebral aneurism while typing their posts. Take a quiet paddle on the lake, come back and eat some granola, and then try to meditate.....Oooohhhhhmmmm.

Last edited by Turtle Boy; 07-24-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #67
B R

Quote:

Is this you acting like an adult and being a gracious winner? Please....

The only question I have is are you going to lie on your back kicking and screaming when all these big bad GF boats don't leave your lake because of the silly speed limit? Or are you going to hold your breath until they all go away?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #68
SAMIAM

I thought this thread was hilarious.......Evenstar was the only one who took it serious and was offended.Anyone with any common sense could see that it was all a spoof and joined in the fun.There are many kayakers in this forum but they didn't chime in because they knew it was all in fun....He used words like "ridicule and "humiliation"........guess he's just one of those people who looks for ways to be offended.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #69
brk-lnt

Quote:
I thought this thread was hilarious.......Evenstar was the only one who took it serious and was offended.Anyone with any common sense could see that it was all a spoof and joined in the fun.There are many kayakers in this forum but they didn't chime in because they knew it was all in fun....He used words like "ridicule and "humiliation"........guess he's just one of those people who looks for ways to be offended.
Some people are just forever the victim.

I KNOW MY RIGHTS! YOU WILL NOT OPPRESS ME!

I'd be willing to bet 2 things:
1) Evenstar is single
2) Now, or at some point in her life, she has owned a soapbox.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #70
robmac

be carefull Samiam,he's a she that could be considered by her as more bashing
Old 07-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #71
VtSteve

Geez Tboy. First off, I don;t own a GFBL boat. Not that fast, and it's pretty quiet.

Second, How did I drag the dreaded topic into this thread? I was having fun like everyone else, save for at least four of you. I'm beginning to think that someone's been pi$$ing in your wheaties in the morning.

"This is the kind of mindless, senseless, arrogant act I've come to expect from the pardy not at all paddling crowd. Harassing birds, probably disturbing turtles, all in the name of self-serving interests.

That poor bird looks absolutely terrified in that picture, as anyone would be had their 150' space been violated. I'll bet the poor bird had to endure many minutes of fright as the kayak headed straight for her, probably not even aware of the impending encroachment. The kayaker could have slowed down, but it's not their nature, never has been. The kayaker is probably coming back from the local quick stop, with the day's beer supply.

Loons have rights too! "
Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #72
Dave R

If we "show no tolerance for intolerance", does that not, in fact, make us intolerant? How can we possibly tolerate intolerance of intolerance? I don't think I can. I don't think I want to, even if I could. Gosh, imagine everything being entirely unlike that!

I have to take 8 hours of diversity training every year and the one thing that's always conspicuously missing from the training is the recommendation of being tolerant of the insensitivity of others. I think that's intolerable.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #73
Evenstar

Unhappy

Quote:
I thought this thread was hilarious.......Evenstar was the only one who took it serious and was offended.........guess he's just one of those people who looks for ways to be offended.
As I pointed out to you already, I'm a she.

Yes, I'm just looking for ways to be offended. That's why I forced some of the people here to target me - before I even posted a reply in this thread. There's a line between humor and insult - many in this thread have crossed that line.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #74
brk-lnt

I'm confused now. Are we supposed to be tolerant of the intolerant? Or have intoleration for tolerance expressed in excessive levels?

And of course the most important question that applies to all aspects of forum threads here, how does HB847 support affect our intolerant tolerance?

Personally, I like to think of myself as unbiased and unprejudiced (as well as debonair and handsome)... I oppress no minority group, as I hate everyone equally.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #75
Orion

Default not again

Well, here goes another thread I won't have to continue reading. Sad.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #76
Cal

This is getting good
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 AM   #77
Mashugana

Wink A side for Sman

Quote:
You should probably pick the Kayak side Sman. Be sure to paint a florescent target on your paddling suit so we can see you. You know how it is to go faster than ones ability to see.

Don't even get me started about PWCs. Those wake jumping lake bugs buzzing all over the place. They are a menace. Some areas and lakes already ban them.

I hear that Kayakers love water. Maybe they should try something like beer, wine, Prozac or something else (to be blunt) to mellow out.

Sman, we like you but you are now one of THEM! No offense.

Intolerance is a terrible thing to tolerate
Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #78
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs up Cal, you are right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
This is getting good
You provide the popcorn, I'll provide the keg. You can't pay for entertainment this good! Who cares about the speed limit, this is way more fun.

I'll even supply a case of Poland Springs for those kayakers that.....
"Love Water".
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #79
brk-lnt

Quote:
"Love Water".
Throw that case of Poland Springs in a kiddie pool and you'll have created an instant Kayaker Safe Haven Paddle Paradise (c) (tm) (r) (patent pending). Put it on the back of a flatbed truck and you have an instant business:
"Bring the Lakes Region to your door! Portable Paddle Paradise!"

Of course, you'll have to make sure the toddlers stay at least 150' away from the pool, lest someone get all encroached on.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #80
alsadad

Wink In-toll-erance

Quote:
Of course that's because you don't have any tollerance for anyone with a different point of view from you.
I think I remember coming to the Lake when the toll was 1 token (12.5 cents). Then they hiked it to 2 tokens and then again to 3 tokens. Then they stopped taking tokens so we had to pay the toll of 75 cents in real, honest-to-goodness American money. Now the toll is $1. When I pay the toll does that make me in-toll-erant? Or am I ex-toll-erant, dis-toll-erant, mis-toll-erant, un-toll-erant, bi-toll-erant (for the round trip, so to speak), or just plain annoyed?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #81
SAMIAM

Wonder if Evenstar noticed that she was the only kayaker to get a case of the arse over a little humor......glad I'm not married to her.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #82
Evenstar

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
This is getting good
Quote:
You provide the popcorn, I'll provide the keg. You can't pay for entertainment this good! Who cares about the speed limit, this is way more fun.
So your idea of entertainment is group bashing - which is basically the same the thing as gang mentality. You guys really need to get a life, or at least take a good look at your priorities.

It was bad enough that you resorted to personal attacks when you couldn't out debate me in the Speed Limit Forum - but now you've stooped even lower, but bringing the same personal attacks into the Boating Forum.

Just because I supported the speed limit bill and testified at the House Transportation Committee Hearing, doesn't give you the right to target me and harass me in a public forum. This is out right hate - and it is approaching libel.

I would really like to know how this thread is beneficial in any way to the boaters on Winni or to the members of this forum - other than the few sickos here who get their kicks out making fun of other people and enjoy insulting an entire boating group.

You guys lost - get over it!!!

I'm totally amazed that our Webmaster has let this continue this long. Posts in this thread have broken nearly every single rule listed in this forum's FAQ.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #83
brk-lnt

Quote:
Posts in this thread have broken nearly every single rule listed in this forum's FAQ.
Please point out the ones we missed, maybe we can get them all covered to your full satisfaction.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #84
robmac

This is the funniest thread in a long time,BRAVO
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #85
twoplustwo

It must be tough wearing this all the time.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #86
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Just because I supported the speed limit bill and testified at the House Transportation Committee Hearing, doesn't give you the right to target me and harass me in a public forum. This is out right hate -and it is approaching libel.
Evenstar, do you have any idea how rediculous you sound? Libel? I guess I better get my lawyer on the phone, pronto. Good thing he likes popcorn and Heineken too!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #87
kthy66

Talking

Im so sorry for those that are offended but this is the funniest material I have ever read on this forum... Thanks for the laughs!
(BTW Ive also come to the conclusion that you all need professional help...)
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #88
Sman

Default not so fast Mashugana...

Step a way from a thread for a few hrs and you miss a lot. LOL funny stuff Mashugana,

my indecision is no more. What I did not understand previous is that Kayakers like water and the "other side" likes beer.

thats black and white stuff right there.

So contrary to an earlier post you CAN learn from this thread

I will be listing my kayak on the classifed section right away and swapping my 350 for a big block, got to go, lots of stuff to do, busy busy busy

with the sun out now this thread will likely be done
Old 07-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #89
codeman671

Quote:
So your idea of entertainment is group bashing - which is basically the same the thing as gang mentality. You guys really need to get a life, or at least take a good look at your priorities.

It was bad enough that you resorted to personal attacks when you couldn't out debate me in the Speed Limit Forum - but now you've stooped even lower, but bringing the same personal attacks into the Boating Forum.

Just because I supported the speed limit bill and testified at the House Transportation Committee Hearing, doesn't give you the right to target me and harass me in a public forum. This is out right hate - and it is approaching libel.

I would really like to know how this thread is beneficial in any way to the boaters on Winni or to the members of this forum - other than the few sickos here who get their kicks out making fun of other people and enjoy insulting an entire boating group.

You guys lost - get over it!!!

I'm totally amazed that our Webmaster has let this continue this long. Posts in this thread have broken nearly every single rule listed in this forum's FAQ.
Just sue and get it over with... There was an ambulance chasing lawyer sounding troll on here a while ago, maybe you can hook up.

Seriously, complaining about hatred and libel on here makes you sound absolutely ridiculous. Give it a rest.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #90
Cal

Quote:

"Love Water".

I prefer Captain and Coke but for this , suds will do
Old 07-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #91
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsadad View Post
I think I remember coming to the Lake when the toll was 1 token (12.5 cents). Then they hiked it to 2 tokens and then again to 3 tokens. Then they stopped taking tokens so we had to pay the toll of 75 cents in real, honest-to-goodness American money. Now the toll is $1. When I pay the toll does that make me in-toll-erant? Or am I ex-toll-erant, dis-toll-erant, mis-toll-erant, un-toll-erant, bi-toll-erant (for the round trip, so to speak), or just plain annoyed?
If you sign up for EZPass with NH DOT, you get discount, on all NH tolls!
AND the transponder is accepted at all other EZ pass locations or fast-lane in MA.
Toll collections in NJ, DE, MD and others can be transited at the speed limits of 55 or 65; DE give 10% discount for all electronic collections.
NOW that's good engineering.

This thread reads as if there's bunch of regrets among motorized craft, who must pay so much for their fuel! Fuel to sail or paddle is same fuel I use 365/24/7, available at routine grocery stores or one's garden!

Chatted with acquaintance last night who lives on Moultonboro Neck on waterfront, and observes the motors are fewer and at slower speeds, PLUS they seem to have respect for others on Lake which has not existed on the Lake for many years.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #92
Evenstar

Unhappy

Quote:
Evenstar, do you have any idea how rediculous you sound? Libel? I guess I better get my lawyer on the phone, pronto.
Quote:
Just sue and get it over with... There was an ambulance chasing lawyer sounding troll on here a while ago, maybe you can hook up.
Seriously, complaining about hatred and libel on here makes you sound absolutely ridiculous. Give it a rest.
This is an example of what you do when you are unable to debate my points - you make personal attacks.

I made the statement that "It was bad enough that you resorted to personal attacks when you couldn't out debate me in the Speed Limit Forum - but now you've stooped even lower, but bringing the same personal attacks into the Boating Forum."

And this is exactly what you have done. Since you are unable to debate that fact, you attack me instead - by accusing me of being ridiculous.

It is also a fact that I'm being targeted in this forum because I have been one of the more vocal supporters of the speed limit bill.

It is also a fact that some of the posts are nothing but hateful attacks on me - they serve no other purpose.

And I stated that "it is approaching libel," which is just my observation that some members have come really close to libel - I did not threaten to sue anyone. But it was meant as a warning.

It is a fact that I have been targeted and harassed in this forum - yet I'm the one being told to "give it a rest." If other members had not directed negative comments at me, I would have posted in this thread. I do have the right to stand up for myself here.

It is also a fact that "posts in this thread have broken nearly every single rule listed in this forum's FAQ." Instead of accusing me of making "absolutely ridiculous" statements, why don't you read the FAQ - then you would be able to see that I am correct.

And no one has bothered to answer me on this: "I would really like to know how this thread is beneficial in any way to the boaters on Winni or to the members of this forum."

Again, the tactics of many on this forum, whenever they are out debated is to resort to personal attacks. Personal attacks are not permitted in debates - and personal attacks are not (supposed to be) permitted on this forum.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #93
chipj29

http://www.ehow.com/how_2040840_sue-...net-libel.html
Just in case you need it...
Old 07-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #94
Alton Bay Bob

And no one has bothered to answer me on this: "I would really like to know how this thread is beneficial in any way to the boaters on Winni or to the members of this forum."

If you believe (as I do) that laughter is beneficial to folks...then this thread is very beneficial. It truly is the funniest darn thread I have read in a long time. As a kayaker and a boat owner whose boat can barely get to 45 mph yet one who is not bothered by people going faster.. I have no feelings about speed limits. I have enjoyed the wit of many of the posters.

If eveyone laughed a little more and complained a little less .....
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #95
brk-lnt

Quote:
You haven't bothered to answer MY question about which rules we need to break to get a perfect score in forum violations.

Evenstar (I'm beginning to see irony in your username here that implies some sort of balance), this is a satirical humorous thread. Trying to take it off topic by making it all about you and/or speed limits is a violation of forum rules, and an affront to forum posters everywhere.

Please stop your attempts to hijack this thread, or we will be forced to report you to the authorities.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #96
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Thanks, but I have a degree in Paralegal Studies and one of my current majors is Legal Studies - so I already know how to go about filing a libel suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay Bob View Post
If you believe (as I do) that laughter is beneficial to folks...then this thread is very beneficial. It truly is the funniest darn thread I have read in a long time. As a kayaker and a boat owner whose boat can barely get to 45 mph yet one who is not bothered by people going faster.. I have no feelings about speed limits. I have enjoyed the wit of many of the posters. If eveyone laughed a little more and complained a little less .....
Making fun of people in hateful ways is not something that I rate as funny or beneficial. It's one thing to laugh with someone - it is another to laugh at someone. So, you seem to be saying that it's ok for members of this forum to gang up on an individual or on a minority group and it's ok to make insulting comments about them - but it is wrong for me to complain about the personal attacks.

Quote:
You haven't bothered to answer MY question about which rules we need to break to get a perfect score in forum violations.
I saw your comment as an insult to the authority of our webmaster and not to me, so It's up to him to deal with that one.

Quote:
Evenstar (I'm beginning to see irony in your username here that implies some sort of balance), this is a satirical humorous thread. Trying to take it off topic by making it all about you and/or speed limits is a violation of forum rules, and an affront to forum posters everywhere.
My name is Arwen, my middle name is Eve, which is short for Evenstar(if you don't understand the connection, try a goggle search). This thread included posts that were specifically directed at me and at comments that I had made in the speed limit thread - way before I even made my first post here. So don't blame me for what others did. Others here made personal attacks on me first - dragging me into the thread.

90% of what has been posted in this thread has nothing at all to do with boating - so there is no real topic here.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #97
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs down You are going to far!

Evenstar,

I find it funny that you blast all powerboaters on Winnipesaukee about speed limits in past posts and you don't even claim Winnipesaukee as your home lake. You should be staying out of this website. You can't take a joke.

I am furious that I can not enjoy my hobby of bare foot skiing because of the speed limit. I move on. I can take jokes from Bear Islander, APS and others and I am not offended. Let things be as it may.

I am a kayaker and I love to paddle. I don't have a problem with anyone out on the lake except for the Captain Boneheads that cause most of the problems we hear about today. They are the 'black eye' of the boater's community.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #98
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Evenstar, I find it funny that you blast all powerboaters on Winnipesaukee about speed limits in past posts and you don't even claim Winnipesaukee as your home lake. You should be staying out of this website. You can't take a joke.
I have never "blasted all powerboaters on Winnipesaukee about speed limits." That is a completely false accusation. And I have as much right on this website as anyone. And I can take a joke - but I don't consider insults to be jokes.

Quote:
I am furious that I can not enjoy my hobby of bare foot skiing because of the speed limit.
Why can't you enjoy your hobby? You'll just have to do so at a little slower speed.

According to the American Barefoot Club: In the United States, USA Water Ski sanctions more than 50 barefoot tournaments each year. . . . Barefoot water ski events – wake slalom, tricks and jumping – are similar to the three events in traditional water skiing. Differences arise in the speed of the boat and the skier (depending upon age division, barefoot events are sometimes faster, with a top speed for the Open Division of 43.2 mph).
If competitions are limited to a top speed of 43.2 mph, why can't you enjoy your hobby at speeds up to 45 mph?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #99
brk-lnt

Quote:

I saw your comment as an insult to the authority of our webmaster and not to me, so It's up to him to deal with that one.
Oh, sorry for the confusion. It was directed at you.

In the future, if someone quotes some or all of one your posts, and then offers a counter-point, clarification, question, etc., you can usually assume the comment is directed at you, and not some 3rd party. This would be especially true if that 3rd party hadn't participated in any part of the conversation.

Glad I could clear that up for you. If there are any other things that you don't understand, or are not sure about, let me know and I'll try to help (other than your sense of humor, that would take too much effort).
Old 07-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #100
NoBozo

Default Kayak Saftey

Picture a White Water Kayaker....NOT a Sea Kayak...they wear a helmut...kinda like the helmut worn by Pro hockey players.

When going out into the Broads with a Kayak......maybe.....just to be Safe...a Helmut with a Flashing White Strobe Light on top of the helmut might be a good idea. Maybe even mandated. Just trying to be reasonable. NoBozo