Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2018, 04:35 AM   #1
Pete C

Default Titling a Maine boat in NH

We live on the lake and looking to buy a used boat (17' 2" and approx weight of 1150 lbs) we found in Maine. Was told Maine does not title boats. 1) wanted to make sure that was true ? and 2) how do you register it in NH to make everything all legal? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Pete C; 07-04-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Pete C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:20 AM   #2
Doobs41378

You can register it with just a bill of sale. NH does not title boats either. If it has a trailer that may need to be titled depending on weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
Kamper

It's easier to register if you have a previous registration. Otherwise you will need to have the HIN checked by a cop and checked to ensure it is not stolen. I recommend you check the DMV website to be sure the information you get her is current and complete.

Congrats on the new boat and good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
EarlMac

Default Just Did this

I just purchased a boat from ME myself. There is a specific list of information DMV wants on the bill of sale. I believe this list will cover it make, year, hull material, type and number of motors, hull I, length, color, HP, fuel, previous registration #. For the trailer make, year, weight, VIN, previous plate number. Also who it came from and to whom it was sold and a breakdown of the price boat, motor and trailer. That should cover it. When I registered mine I didn't have all this info. They let me hand write it in and problem was solved.

Keep in mind too that you don't necessarily have to go to Concord. The bigger marinas (meredith marine, irwins, shep browns) can register it for you as well.
EarlMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
It's easier to register if you have a previous registration. Otherwise you will need to have the HIN checked by a cop and checked to ensure it is not stolen. I recommend you check the DMV website to be sure the information you get her is current and complete.

Congrats on the new boat and good luck!
This is true, and it doesn't matter if the only, or last registration the seller has is expired. It is still good to use as proof the boat is not stolen.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links