Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Tavern 27

If you haven’t been to Tavern 27 your really missing out on a great dining experience!

We finally had the opportunity to go last night with friends and everything was just great! Food, service, ambience could not have been better!

We also had the opportunity to meet and speak with the owner known as Baygo here on the forum! It was a pleasure to finally meet him and speak about all his upcoming ventures including his distillery!!

We will definitely be back and wish nothing but the best for Tavern 27!!

Dan
baygo (11-17-2019), Beth238 (05-31-2020), Biggd (11-17-2019), brk-lnt (11-18-2019), BroadHopper (11-18-2019), Hillcountry (11-17-2019), joey2665 (11-17-2019), pjard (11-18-2019), VitaBene (11-19-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
garysanfran

Default Cloud 9...

If I recall.

Love this place
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Mr. V

We ate there years ago and came away impressed.

Something different for the lakes region, that's for sure.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
dt5150

we live literally 3 minutes from there and we've never been. always meant to, just haven't gone.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
CooperS7777

Always great service, great food and great drinks. The atmosphere is terrific as well. We don't visit as often as Id like, but we always enjoy it.
CooperS7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #6
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt5150 View Post
we live literally 3 minutes from there and we've never been. always meant to, just haven't gone.
The T27 team looks forward to the privilege of serving you when the time is right.

On a sidenote.. if your recent inquisitiveness was inspired by a pic I posted in another thread, and you were led to believe that that man does sit at my bar, unfortunately I have to fess up to that being fake news.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
mhtranger (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #7
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
The T27 team looks forward to the privilege of serving you when the time is right.

On a sidenote.. if your recent inquisitiveness was inspired by a pic I posted in another thread, and you were led to believe that that man does sit at my bar, unfortunately I have to fess up to that being fake news.
I haven't been there yet.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
baygo (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Error message

Quote:

I have tried several times to check out the menu, but it comes up as “server error”....a mystery...?
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #9
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
I have tried several times to check out the menu, but it comes up as “server error”....a mystery...?
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Was it a male or female server? I will schedule training. In the interim try this link http://www.tavern27.com/p_menu_list.php
Old 11-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #10
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Magic

Quote:
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Was it a male or female server? I will schedule training. In the interim try this link http://www.tavern27.com/p_menu_list.php
Using the link you provided, the menu came right up.
Thanks!
Sue
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:07 PM   #11
Dad207

Location: Summer home at Echo Shores, Minge Cove; home in Baltimore MD
Default Tavern 27

This place is great, but not the usual dining experience. They are not set up for drinks, apps, mains and dessert; rather, an informal dining experience, with appetizers, small plates, and mains coming on an informal pace. Food is excellent, don't let the the informality, and differing pace, put you off of excellent food.
Dad207 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dad207 For This Useful Post:
baygo (11-21-2019), WinnisquamZ (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 PM   #12
Mr. V

Baygo:

Did you go to Spain to get ideas / inspiration for your tapas theme, and if so, how do your offerings differ from those in Iberia?
Old 11-20-2019, 07:11 AM   #13
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Brought friends there who love to eat out and are in a line of work that requires them to travel to major cities around the world. They were hugely impressed.
Said they didn't expect to find a restaurant of this caliber in a small city in NH
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
ACME on the Broads (11-20-2019), baygo (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 06:34 AM   #14
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
We have been curious about Tavern 27, thanks for posting a link to the menu. Looks very interesting, we will give it a try. Your web site still gives "Internal Server Error" so training must be ongoing"

When just the two of us eat out we often sit at the bar and have a draft beer or two with the meal. From the photos on Google Maps it looks like you have two small bars and four beer taps.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:10 AM   #15
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default My go-to place

Short hike from Wildwood Village. I believe there is a golf cart trail to T27 from South Down Farm / Long Bay. So it tends to get crowded on weekends.
Off season too at times. Many summer residents are beginning to settle year round as they retire.

During the week on a full moon night, sitting in the dining room overlooking Opechee is very romantic, especially when someone in tickling the ivories...…

And the tapas, Just the right proportions for an older couple. So good!
baygo (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 09:49 AM   #16
jetskier

Post Not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Short hike from Wildwood Village. I believe there is a golf cart trail to T27 from South Down Farm / Long Bay. So it tends to get crowded on weekends.
Off season too at times. Many summer residents are beginning to settle year round as they retire.

During the week on a full moon night, sitting in the dining room overlooking Opechee is very romantic, especially when someone in tickling the ivories...…

And the tapas, Just the right proportions for an older couple. So good!
FYI

There is no golf cart access between South Down Shores/Long Bay and Tavern 27. The land adjacent to Tavern 27 is owned by the Meadows which is a village within South Down Shores. The Meadows does not allow golf carts to traverse their property to Tavern 27 as it is private property.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
We have been curious about Tavern 27, thanks for posting a link to the menu. Looks very interesting, we will give it a try. Your web site still gives "Internal Server Error" so training must be ongoing"

When just the two of us eat out we often sit at the bar and have a draft beer or two with the meal. From the photos on Google Maps it looks like you have two small bars and four beer taps.
“Internal Server Error “

It should be fixed now, however it may be a problem again because it’s the result of a malicious file planted on our server by a spider. There is a defense we can take however it’s a bit time consuming to implement and we don’t see a window of opportunity to deal with it until after the new year. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Also; it is a small bar with a total of eight seats. We do take reservations for bar seats so it’s always best to call ahead and we will do our best to have them waiting for you. We feature six draft beers. All from New Hampshire.
Slickcraft (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #18
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
FYI

There is no golf cart access between South Down Shores/Long Bay and Tavern 27. The land adjacent to Tavern 27 is owned by the Meadows which is a village within South Down Shores. The Meadows does not allow golf carts to traverse their property to Tavern 27 as it is private property.

Jetskier
Yes access has been blocked through the Meadows meadow. many people still find their way here by golf cart by going out the SD gate and then driving on the grass area between the fence and the road. It is against the law to drive on the road. Another route that gets used periodically is through the tennis courts and left on the snowmobile trail. This route leads up Severance Road which also would be technically illegal to drive the golf cart on.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #19
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Baygo:

Did you go to Spain to get ideas / inspiration for your tapas theme, and if so, how do your offerings differ from those in Iberia?
We did go to Spain last year and took a few of our senior staff members with us as an R&D, however initially the menu was created by my wife and I based on dishes we created and speculated would be popular if introduced to the area.

The local market did influence our approach in a way that let us to serving plates that are a bit larger than traditional tapas. We also opted to include House made sourdough flatbread pizzas with anticipation that some may not be familiar with Tapas, but could come in with a comfort knowing they can enjoy a pizza and then take a peek at what the tapas is all about.

In our early days there was a little confusion in the community as the word “tapas” was not common and often misinterpreted by eavesdroppers as ”topless” and we had quite a few people come in looking for the topless experience.
stingray (11-23-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #20
Barney Bear

Default "Topless"

Very funny.
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:05 PM   #21
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Ta-Tas

Quote:
...In our early days there was a little confusion in the community as the word “tapas” was not common and often misinterpreted by eavesdroppers as ”topless” and we had quite a few people come in looking for the topless experience.
Maybe there's a market waiting to be served? I'm unaware of any such business in the Lakes Region. Of course, I don't get out much, so I was unaware of Kings Grant when it was operating. Didn't they have entertainment?
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #22
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Maybe there's a market waiting to be served? I'm unaware of any such business in the Lakes Region. Of course, I don't get out much, so I was unaware of Kings Grant when it was operating. Didn't they have entertainment?
They did have entertainment. If you are sure there is a market in the area for that, the Kings Grant property is for sale. Grab your checkbook and head over!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #23
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
It actually crossed my mind after I saw GillyGirl’s selfie. If I could just talk her and Biggd into partnering I think it could be a hit.
Nagigator (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
It actually crossed my mind after I saw GillyGirl’s selfie. If I could just talk her and Biggd into partnering I think it could be a hit.
I could come in topless with my six pack of Coors light.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:10 PM   #25
gillygirl

Default Tavern 27

Quote:

Sorry, baygo, but I’m down in Florida. You probably couldn’t afford me anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd (11-22-2019)