Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
Just Sold

Default Web Cams

I just looked at Snake Eyes and the view is wonderful today. Especially since it is cloudy here at the home office.

It made me think with all the great web cams around the lake that it would be nice to have a view of Meredith and Alton Bay.

Channel 9 has a web cam in Meredith and I wonder if a link could be set up?

In Alton Bay it would be nice to have a cam looking up the bay. Does anyone know of someone who could do this? Summer views of the bay would be really great. Alton Bay in the winter with the "airport" and bob houses would also be a great view.

What does everyone think?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #2
Bear Islander

In my opinion setting up a Web Cam requires four ingredients. A person has to have....

The technical knowledge to do it

The resources to do it

The desire to do it

The view to exploit

The first two are common, the last two are rare. I don't think you can plan a Web Cam, they just sort of spring up when circumstances allow.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
Just Sold

Smile

Bear Islander you are right and I believe that for someone to set up a cam in a good location also requires someone who might gain from the exposure it could afford a local business. (yes I said exposure)

That is not always the case with every other web cam but most have some $$ behind them or else they would not be there. Nothing in life is free even in the Live Free or Die state.

I hoped that my thread would start one of those who had the contacts, technical capability, $$ and motivation to at least look into it. For instance Channel 9's Meredith web cam is a good example of all the right ingredients but they do not make it available even on their web page.

This forum, were it to link up to such a web cam, offers a good place for the cam's owner to potentionally gain something from it and we here to gain another view of the lake. I am in business but my sphere is not in the Lake Winni waters, my heart is, and a web investment is not in my cards at this time.

To your credit you and the Bear Island Conservation Association have done a great job with the web cam and I enjoy it immensely. I have also learned more about the island than I had from my dad who summered there in the 1920's and 30's.

Thanks for your response.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

Are you sure that is a webcam channel 9 uses or a regular camara?They have a similar cam on top of cannon Mt but I'm not sure that is a webcam either. SS
Old 08-12-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
ahopper

I work with a couple organizations who are interested in setting up webcams around the lake and would be happy to provide financial and technical support to those interested in setting up cameras. Please pm me for more info.

Last edited by ahopper; 06-03-2007 at 08:51 AM.
ahopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links