Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Ryan

Default One Day in Concord

This quick vid seems a little bit different from the video that was posted here a few weeks ago. Does anybody know why, when presented with facts, the same spin takes place over and over again?

One Day in Concord

Last edited by Ryan; 12-30-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: linkie broken
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (12-31-2010), lawn psycho (12-30-2010), NoBozo (12-31-2010), pseudonym (01-03-2011), VtSteve (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
VtSteve

"If you've read any of my posts.....under various names you would know I've never answered a question where facts were presented to me......"

I've been thanked by Skip for my useful posts...."

Looks ironclad to me I wonder if the number of hours El was on the lake each year is the sum of multiple screen names/posters combined?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs up

Another masterpiece - thank you.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
pseudonym

Thumbs up

Hysterical!!

Well done!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Pineedles

Default reference to skip in video

being thanked by skip is so useful. skip has been thanked so many times, he must be a very smart person. wait a minute. if skip is so smart then why is he starting trouble on the issues thread area? didn't he say that we should take our arguements some where else? didn't www.sbonh.org start their own forum? why is skip thanking speed limit supporters? if you support SL repeal, then why do you support posters that lie and libel winni.com members? why are you starting threads that cause controversy? what is your agenda skip? you are a very confusing person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Skip (01-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
Pineedles

Default skip thanked me for my post

oh joy, skip has thanked me for my useful post. i am still confused though. why has skip thanked me? i hope it is because he thanks confused posters.

he thanked me again. Perhaps my next post will help him understand.

Last edited by Pineedles; 01-03-2011 at 08:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Skip (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
why is skip thanking speed limit supporters? if you support SL repeal, then why do you support posters that lie and libel winni.com members?
Quoting someone verbatum is not libel. These are the words he typed on offshoreonly.com. No doubt he regrets it. And no doubt it is painful to be damned by his own words. And people have a right to know what he said in a public forum. Mel Gibson for example surely wishes he could take back some of his words and even recover damages for said words...but he cannot. PERIOD
The Following User Says Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post:
Skip (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
Pineedles

In the name of intelligent discussion SOTD, your buddy elchase/BIM/et al have ruined Don's site. End of story. I'm trying to convince skip and don to kick you guys off this site permanently. Your buddy elchase is ruining another site as we speak. And it's not the www.sbonh.org site.

Why can't site moderators understand that people like elchase want to ruin your forums? Kick them off permanently! We've already discussed the fact that there is no guarantee of free speech on private forums. If the forum is hurting, stop the bleeding! Get rid of one side or the other. I really don't care which one you decide to kick off, but there are alot of folks who want you to make a decision.

And BTW SOTD, the libel I was talking about was the lies about VTsteve that elchase posted.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
In the name of intelligent discussion SOTD, your buddy elchase/BIM/et al have ruined Don's site. End of story. I'm trying to convince skip and don to kick you guys off this site permanently. Your buddy elchase is ruining another site as we speak. And it's not the www.sbonh.org site.

Why can't site moderators understand that people like elchase want to ruin your forums? Kick them off permanently! We've already discussed the fact that there is no guarantee of free speech on private forums. If the forum is hurting, stop the bleeding! Get rid of one side or the other. I really don't care which one you decide to kick off, but there are alot of folks who want you to make a decision.

And BTW SOTD, the libel I was talking about was the lies about VTsteve that elchase posted.
Check out the quotes on the first post of the "This Subforum is a Disgrace" thread again to see who needs to be banned from the forum.

Last edited by sunset on the dock; 01-04-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Check out the quotes on the first post of the "This Subforum is a Disgrace" thread again to see who needs to be banned from the forum.
OK SOTD, that's your opinion, I've got mine. I said I don't care which side gets the boot. An alternative is, no discussion of anything controversial. Would you be willing to go with that proposal?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Quoting someone verbatum is not libel. These are the words he typed on offshoreonly.com. No doubt he regrets it. And no doubt it is painful to be damned by his own words. And people have a right to know what he said in a public forum. Mel Gibson for example surely wishes he could take back some of his words and even recover damages for said words...but he cannot. PERIOD
I hope you keep bringing up the internet banter. Must be frustrating to have to sling mud instead of having data to back up your argument.

Prove to me that the speed limit makes any difference on safety and I'll side with you. I'm waiting.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I hope you keep bringing up the internet banter. Must be frustrating to have to sling mud instead of having data to back up your argument.

Prove to me that the speed limit makes any difference on safety and I'll side with you. I'm waiting.
We've been told by SOTD, EL(or BIM), APS, and the like, that the speed limit is not working in the Barbar Pole area, but I think it might be working on the rest of the lake!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtagrip For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (01-04-2011), Seaplane Pilot (01-04-2011)