Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2004, 06:59 AM   #1
madrasahs

Default Found: Floating dock sections

Yesterday's strong winds (from Meredith direction) brought a lot of debris my way last night. Nobody's boating at night that I can see.

I've just pulled out an upside-down 4x8 dock section, and waiting for still another 4x8 section to drift closer. (It's cold -- 38° -- out there). They could be parts of a raft or float. Name them and claim them.

Will the MP take these? The MP Auxiliary?

There's lots of old 2x and 4x lumber (and "natural wood") floating out there, too -- but I can't rescue everything.

Anyone missing a adirondack chaise section in red? And a size 11½, chartreuse, shower shoe? (Almost called it a flip-flop -- that's a no-no). A "Chinet" dinner plate?

madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #2
Merrymeeting

Angry Now what?

Not looking to claim any of your found items, but I am curious about one of your comments.

Why is "flip-flop" a "no-no"? That is what I and everyone else in my family call them. Did we miss yet another Political Correctness class?
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
KevinPlante

Yes. The class was run by Kerry.
KevinPlante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
madrasahs

Default Lost: one floating dock section

I don't know how it got away, but that second dock section (complete with cleat), disappeared. Maybe somebody else towed it away.

The rest of that Adirondack chaise did, surprisingly, show up.

Two items caught my eye while looking far and wide for the missing floating dock section:

1) I noticed that the northern third of Rattlesnake Island has no conifers on it (Broads side).

2) Over winter, a steep lot facing Rattlesnake Island -- near Parker Island -- had a major mudslide into the lake. The cottage itself could eventually fall into the lake if a major reconstruction of the lot isn't started soon. Only two trees left on the lakefront -- and they don't look so good.

Below the mudslide, a rope keeps an accompanying 10'x20' shed from becoming a floating 10'x20' shed.

{They did have a "view of the lake" from every window, though).

The lake is becoming muddy enough. Somebody needs to enforce the "basal-tree-measurement" rule.

Last edited by madrasahs; 04-29-2004 at 09:26 PM.
madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote