Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Nutty Fishermen

I heard over the weekend that Ray Turcotte, AKA "The Nutty Fishermen" on Winni channel 12, passed away a few weeks ago. He was from Moultonborough, NH and was 72 years old.

While I never met Ray in person, I have spoken to him and he was heard quite often on Winni's fishing VHF channel 12.

I was surprised not to see this mentioned on the fish lake winni forum or any other fishing web site that has area information.

Anyway, I just wanted to inform all those who knew or spoke with Ray on the radio of his passing.

May he rest in peace...

Dan
Broken Glass (12-07-2016), secondcurve (12-11-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
dt5150

that's too bad. i've never met nor spoken to him, but i've heard others chat with "the nutty fisherman" on the radio. hopefully he's in a better place where he can watch his rigger rods pop and lead core rigs double over.
dt5150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
dmfigler

Unhappy Ray...

Ray was our neighbor. Our 'Harbor Master' for our Cove. And most importantly, our friend. Anyone Who was lucky enough to know him was lucky. Ray always had a tool that you needed. Or was there to lend a hand or some advice.
Ray went out every winter with an auger to make sure that the ice was safe before any of the children were allowed to go out to ice skate or play. He had his bob house in our Cove for as many years as I can remember and I know for decades before that. The children would walk out to his Bob house and when he would get a fish on his line he would ask them if they would like to fish and then let them pull up the fish letting them think they had caught it. Ray was just a great guy. Larger than life presence to those of us that live near him. And I guess you could say an uncle or grandfather figure to our children. He always had a giant wave and smile and wave hello to the children when he came back in from a fishing trip in the morning. And it wasn't just a hello it was at hello yelled to each kid he passed, by name.
Ray, "the harbormaster" is and will forever be missed. ��
dmfigler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmfigler For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (01-09-2017), thinkxingu (01-10-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Thanks for that wonderful follow up!

Sounds like Ray was a great guy!

Dan