Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
eye spy

Default Channel Marine

Did any body else hear that Channel Marine Tilton Location is up for sale. Sounds like this down turn is starting to take it's toll around the lake. How do you feel about this summers boating season.
eye spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 AM   #2
dpg

I know I for one keep receiving these little cards from various realtors in the lakes region. A few of them have claimed that the slow down hasn't hit the area as much as we're hearing on the news. Their just adds showing what the place has recently sold...etc...
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I know I for one keep receiving these little cards from various realtors in the lakes region. A few of them have claimed that the slow down hasn't hit the area as much as we're hearing on the news. Their just adds showing what the place has recently sold...etc...
Realtors are perpetually optimistic. RIGHT NOW, always seems to be the best time to buy... Either because the market is heating up and you should get in before prices go up, or because the market is cooling off and you should get in while you can get a good (no, GREAT!) deal.

I can say than on average, prices in SDS seem to be about 2-5% lower than where they were 18 months ago, and I've been contemplating picking up another property there.
brk-lnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #4
JayDV

Default Agents have to be optimistic

What we saw in the R/E market down here over the last year was property values stabilizing followed by a slow de-valueing period (less than what the media was suggesting as avererage). During that time obviously the market high point R/E inventory went way up and houses were not moving quickly. Then, because of the bank problems caused by the sub-prime situation, the banks were requiring more stringent procedures for mortgage applications causing even more delay on closings. Coupled with the homeowners who were in trouble with their over-extended mortgages put more houses on the market and all of a sudden the prices were dropping quickly.

Now in the normally active Spring season, we are seeing minimal market purchasing (I expect foreclosure purchases are on the increase). The prices are about 10%-15% lower than last Spring but inventory is still high and causing buyer's market where sale price could go down another 10%-15%. This is in the median range market of 450k to 575k, 1/2 acre lot with 2 bath 3 BR.

That being said, the R/E agents and brokers still need to live and with minimal sales what they try to do is List more houses. That way, regardless of who sells the house, the listing agent and the listing agent's office get a piece or the commissions. And what better way to get listings? Be a familiar name in your neighborhood, send out flyers, get in the public eye, get your name in the papers. The idea being;
(dum da da dum dum) If there's something strange in your neighborhood
Who you gonna call? House movers! -oops wrong show
JayDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
Just Sold

Post Channell Marine

The sale of Channell Marine was a topic in Feb 07 as well and they did not go anywhere or sell then so the rumors start again.
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...Channel+Marine
Sponsored Links