Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2023, 09:01 AM   #1
C-Bass

Exclamation Downtown Grille Cafe Wolfeboro

Anyone know what is going on there? Its been closed for quite a while now. I assumed a rehab, but there is nothing on the website or answering machine. I enjoyed going there for lunch. Hoping they come back soon.
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 01:24 PM   #2
FlyingScot

IDK. But have you tried the new grain bowl guys next door?
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:47 PM   #3
BrownstoneNorth

The Downtown Grille announced on Facebook it would be closed for renovations from March 20 and hoped to reopen by Summer. Nothing even saying they're closed for now on their official website — par for the course these days for many restaurants because it's easier to update their social network pages, though IMHO a disservice to customers and potential customers.

. https://www.facebook.com/downtowngrillecafe/.

I think they have the same proprietor as Localtopia — “the new grain bowl guys next door” :-) — and The Wicked Loon, so you might be able to get more info by stopping by one of them and asking…someone.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:28 AM   #4
C-Bass

Thanks, I would not have known that as I am not any social media platforms. I have seen the bowl place, looks a little too healthy for me, I might have a reaction or something.
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
camp guy

Default Downtown Grille Cafe Wolfeboro

Each of the above posts is accurate, and there has been no public explanation of what the Plan is for the Grille. Currently, a much-modified version of the Grille is operating out of the Bayberry Juice Bah (several doors to the north), but the menu is limited.
The organization renovating the Grille swept into Town, bought several buildings, and generally upset what had been a relatively smoothly operating series of businesses.
In my humble opinion, I hope the Town is keeping a watchful eye on all this activity and being careful to make sure all Permits are adhered to, and not extended.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
SAB1 (05-12-2023)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2023, 05:47 PM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
Each of the above posts is accurate, and there has been no public explanation of what the Plan is for the Grille. Currently, a much-modified version of the Grille is operating out of the Bayberry Juice Bah (several doors to the north), but the menu is limited.
The organization renovating the Grille swept into Town, bought several buildings, and generally upset what had been a relatively smoothly operating series of businesses.
In my humble opinion, I hope the Town is keeping a watchful eye on all this activity and being careful to make sure all Permits are adhered to, and not extended.
So is the juice bar still in operation?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 08:41 PM   #7
camp guy

Default Downtown Grille Cafe Wolfeboro

I would say it is operating, but probably in a different style. They still have the "juice", but I can't speak too accurately about the rest of the menu.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
tis (05-12-2023)